What should i do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenInside

Reaction score
I went to a store today. I had a bag, carrying some important documents. A salesman came to me and asked to give him my bag as it wasn't allowed there (didn't ask for my shoulder bag though). I tried to resist but he insisted so i gave it to him. As soon as i stepped out of the store, i got a text message saying 'Hey *my name*' from an unknown number. I asked, "who is there?" , replied "just a friend" I didnt respond then, got home. That person continued texting, saying "say something" and stuff. I didn't reply. Then got a text "You have been to "ABC store" today, right?" I then figured that this could be the salesman who took my bag.
Should i inform the store manager? This guy may lose his job. Or just ignore him?

Be careful, the store manager might be just as corrupt, but assuming he's not, then yes, report him. If he loses his job though, he will blame you and will become more annoying or even violent.

Be very careful with that, this guy wants to evoke a reaction. This guy has probably lived through a troubled past. This guy is an insecure person and wants control over someone. Violence can also give that satisfaction, hence you should be very careful.

Ignoring him might be a good idea, he' might give up and go to another person and try the same thing.

Take care, send me a PM if you want to talk more about this.

Presuming you got your bag back I'd reply and ask them to stop texting, if they don't then go see the store manager.

I have had some random texts appear in my phone, '[email protected] wants to chat' Not sure where they come from, I ignore them.

Rosebolt said:
If he loses his job though, he will blame you and will become more annoying or even violent.

Yeah i am thinking of ignoring him as he has stopped texting.

Edward W said:
I have had some random texts appear in my phone, '[email protected] wants to chat' Not sure where they come from, I ignore them.

I too ignore these spammers.

Go back there with an identical briefcase but instead of filling it with important documents, fill it with deadly killer flying scorpions and make your exit as soon as you hear the screams of terror.

painter said:
Go back there with an identical briefcase but instead of filling it with important documents, fill it with deadly killer flying scorpions and make your exit as soon as you hear the screams of terror.

Disregard what i said, this is the way to go! :D

Haha :p.

I'd just ignore this person. If he keeps harassing you I'd just report it at the local police, they'll probably track his number and pay him a visit.

painter said:

Well, that escalated quickly!

Block the number from your phone. If that doesnt work, call your carrier and have THEM block the person calling you.

Lmao painter's. Gotta rely on you for such creative suggestions!

But yes, I'd say ignore the spammer. It's creepy though, feels like someone's stalking you or something. Just be very careful, B. If this person continues to disturb you, you should report him.

Not trying to be an alarmist B.I. but was your home address or information about place of employment in there? Make sure you save these unsolicited texts, if sales dude shows up at these locations I'd encourage making a police report- just in case.

painter said:

Rofl :D You rock man!

WildernessWildChild said:
Not trying to be an alarmist B.I. but was your home address or information about place of employment in there? Make sure you save these unsolicited texts, if sales dude shows up at these locations I'd encourage making a police report- just in case.

Unfortunately everything was in there. I have saved his texts. He has stopped texting though, so i assume he didn't have any evil intention, just wanted to be 'friends'.

Thanks everyone for being concerned :)

Next week on 'World's worst flirters'; Dave is caught rummaging through Claire the hairdresser's trash in order to find out more about her so he has something to talk about next time he gets his haircut, while Dean stages a mugging with a homeless man on his secret crush Sarah in order to save the day and look like a hero, with hilarious results.

painter said:
Next week on 'World's worst flirters'; Dave is caught rummaging through Claire the hairdresser's trash in order to find out more about her so he has something to talk about next time he gets his haircut, while Dean stages a mugging with a homeless man on his secret crush Sarah in order to save the day and look like a hero, with hilarious results.

Golden idea right there :) When is the show coming out?

painter said:

Cunning dudes :)

Latest posts

Back