What you need to know about Online Dating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddymack

Reaction score
Im Dont have a lot of experience on it but i do have an idea of it

Cat Fishing

Make sure they are real
Red Flags : they are limited of face pics only sending you modeling type pics dont have a facebook twitter instagram or cant video chat then something is wrong lol

Match Making
Guys: This is a competition if your seriously looking for a lady it will be 50/50
you cant just message one girl and expect a reply from her, there are many ladies getting tons of messages but even if they reply some will reply for a few times and eventually ignore you even if you keeping up with a conversation with them. Some girls will start off nice then get on the phone she doesn't seem the way she was first talking online, some girls are just crazy or claim to be so busy so you have to find that match right for you to even start considering dating

Girls: tons of guys will message you looking for sex or some will be nice enough to talk a bit then start going to the sex stuff make sure you do not run into guys who have obsessive or abusive there will be plenty of those

but i think its best to temp online date and meet up then have it long distance

Communication & Meeting up
This will have to be the best/main part of online dating especially when its long distance, you will have to communicate very good with this person it in order for this relationship to work and feel real, you will have to be consistent with talking to your partner because without this insecurities will pop up and your relationship will just crumble

2. Guys: be prepare for a lot of girls giving out some excuse why the cant meet up with you but can stay on the phone or text you for hours at a time sometimes they will be slow on meeting up with you patience is the key

ladies: you already know they get the nice guy act but be prepare some will just try to score on you

Stupid Break ups and fake relationship

these are one of the cons of online dating as little as one disagreement will break up an relationship that someone invest a lot of time into,
some you will date you then ignore you for something small
some will date and one little turn off will just break up the relationship
some will date after a few days start showing their true colors
some will break up with you over a picture
some will just have insecurities and break up
due to the fact the person doesn't see you or do not have sex with you it would be a lot easier to break up

Sexual things
Well we all know this is main reason why things do not work out

Well for the guys be prepare for a lot of let downs.....even if your not even all about sex sometimes this well be a problem for you especially if your long distance.

Phone Sex : some people do not care about this, but for those who do, you love your lady.. you talking to her a lot but one day your sitting there on the phone your in the mood you want a little fun .....
1. some girls wont do it for nothing
2. some girls you will have to pressure to do it
3. some girls have to be in the mood as well
4. Some girls will just fake it

Naked Pics & Videos : majority of guys want naked pics very few do not care about it and some eventually want some very rare they would do a video

Naked pics are important to some people and some are not
a lot of girls will have a issue with this and a lot of girls wont it depends how much they like you or even that doesn't matter

Some relationships come to a fail because one partner will fail to realize just because its not all about sex doesn't mean the other person is wrong for getting angry because he want to some sexual fun, yes talking and having a regular conversation and talking flirty is great but honestly you can do that with your friends.... to some people " i love you baby" is not going to do it, now if hope yall see each other soon in person maybe it will work but if its not possible or its going to be a while it might be a problem

Online dating isn't for everyone but it comes with good or bad experiences just like real life dating

for those who are ignorant and say how could you love someone just off online, it just the almost the same kind of feeling in real life to some people/ some cases

Well honeysuckle, according to this golden nugget of online dating advice I'm a cat fishing cock blocking fake-ass hoebag. :eek: Guys, steer clear of me!

Totally digging how this largely criticizes the behavior of women on the internet, though.

And what, exactly, are we criticizing? Women who are insecure about their figures, not keen on listening to their online man's fapping during sleazy phone sex, women who don't share nudes with men they've never actually met, and women who are actually content with not meeting up in person for a while.

Well, I can't write up a list as comprehensive and well-thought-out as this, but I'd like to add a few of my own pointers to the pile:

1. As internet dating grows more popular, you'll find many more people wanting different things in such a relationship. Some see the internet as a place to cast a wider net, meet more people, and find love in a person they may not have otherwise met in-person.
Some people use online dating as a set of training wheels for real-life dating, meeting the person and getting to know each other without the pressure of going on an actual date until they're both comfortable.
Some people see human interaction differently than most, and are perfectly content with a primarily online relationship with little to no chance of meeting up. Some people just want an intellectual and emotional companion; not a meat sack to cuddle and please.
And, hell, some people just want a NSA dirty-talking pen pal.

The important thing is that you make yourself and your online partner aware of your intentions and expectations at the very beginning. Regardless of how cute the other is, or how well you mesh, if your real-world expectations don't match up, you can bet that the relationship will be a waste of your time.

daddymack said:

It is never okay to pressure anyone into doing anything, ever. Pressuring a person into phone sex is the same as sexual harassment and you can be reported for it. Also, it's just creepy. Just how incapable are you of getting laid if you need to browbeat someone into making sexy noises for you over the phone?

3. Guys, most women do not wanna see your junk. Ever. For no reason at all. The notion that women ever want to see your package just comes from the fact that many men would kill for tits or an upskirt, combined with the amount of importance you place in your own meatsticks. You figure it's only natural that we womenfolk would feel the same way you do. It's just not true. Just because you wanna see it, doesn't mean we do. It also doesn't mean we wanna show it. Pressuring a woman for nudes is the same thing as stopping her in the middle of the street and demanding that she strip down. Also sexual harassment.

4. It is in the nature of online dating that sex won't happen very often. To this, there are three solutions: Don't be that interested in sex, have a really good imagination and communication skills, or find someone to date in person as soon as you possibly can. Of course online dating will fail if getting laid remains your driving force. Also, if you look to the internet for something that even remotely compares to real, in-person *******, let me stop you right now because you're doing it wrong.

5. Here's a general rule of thumb: If you wouldn't do it in-person, don't do it online. You're not talking to bots or mystical figments of your imagination. You're talking to real people with real feelings. If the things you do make people feel uncomfortable in-person, you can bet they'll make people feel uncomfortable online. If you wouldn't harass, pressure, *****, and whine at your partner in-person, then don't do it online. If you wouldn't expect to find the perfect partner of your dreams in-person, don't expect to find them online.

But if you would do any of those things, then in my completely un-humble opinion, you shouldn't be dating in the first place.

But good try.

I like this part
5. Here's a general rule of thumb: If you wouldn't do it in-person, don't do it online. You're not talking to bots or mystical figments of your imagination. You're talking to real people with real feelings. If the things you do make people feel uncomfortable in-person, you can bet they'll make people feel uncomfortable online. If you wouldn't harass, pressure, *****, and whine at your partner in-person, then don't do it online. If you wouldn't expect to find the perfect partner of your dreams in-person, don't expect to find them online.

However if I met the right guy phone talk could be steamy. I have sexy pics that are not nude. I don't feel all bad about how I look. I am older and still lovely.

I just think "But if you would do any of those things, then in my completely un-humble opinion, you shouldn't be dating in the first place:. Is a judgement. It's not really an opinion. To many people telling women they have to be good. It's their choice. Men are told good guys finish last. They should be bad boys. That's not fair or true either. Why is a battle of the sexes. The internet by nature is untamed wilderness. It has good and bad just like us.

Rosewood said:
I like this part

However if I met the right guy phone talk could be steamy. I have sexy pics that are not nude. I don't feel all bad about how I look. I am older and still lovely.

I just think "But if you would do any of those things, then in my completely un-humble opinion, you shouldn't be dating in the first place:. Is a judgement. It's not really an opinion. To many people telling women they have to be good. It's their choice. Men are told good guys finish last. They should be bad boys. That's not fair or true either. Why is a battle of the sexes. The internet by nature is untamed wilderness. It has good and bad just like us.

Haha, believe me, I'm no adversary to being bad. And I am in no position to tell women they have to be good. I have sexy pictures, both nude and not, but I don't want to be accused of "cat fishing" because I choose not to share them publicly or even with people I've only dated online for a short while. Or because I choose to post only my best pictures publicly (Who wouldn't?). I also enjoy phone sex, without needing any convincing at all, but don't want to be pressured into it when I don't feel like it.

What I meant by that last part was, if you would harass, pressure, *****, and whine at your partner, then you don't really need to be dating. Perhaps it is both a judgment and an opinion. I take responsibility for either and both.

Online dating is just an uphill battle...for guys you send out hundreds of messages only to get a few answers back. It's just such a pain in the ass even starting a conversation and not trying to sound like the last guy who messaged her with probably the same thing. The worst is just investing time into it, getting some good conversation going, get a number..then it goes completely flat. It's like what the fresia am I doing so badly that it keeps happening? So even getting to the meeting stage hasn't happened yet as they lose interest, even when you take the initiative. I guess online dating is the only kind of dating I can really do as I don't have a large enough social group to get friends who know x who knows x and so on. These sites really do exploit loneliness bad...But I admit not everyone messes up and people do meet so it works for some but not all.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Well, I can't write up a list as comprehensive and well-thought-out as this, but I'd like to add a few of my own pointers to the pile:

1. As internet dating grows more popular, you'll find many more people wanting different things in such a relationship. Some see the internet as a place to cast a wider net, meet more people, and find love in a person they may not have otherwise met in-person.
Some people use online dating as a set of training wheels for real-life dating, meeting the person and getting to know each other without the pressure of going on an actual date until they're both comfortable.
Some people see human interaction differently than most, and are perfectly content with a primarily online relationship with little to no chance of meeting up. Some people just want an intellectual and emotional companion; not a meat sack to cuddle and please.

The important thing is that you make yourself and your online partner aware of your intentions and expectations at the very beginning. Regardless of how cute the other is, or how well you mesh, if your real-world expectations don't match up, you can bet that the relationship will be a waste of your time.

daddymack said:

It is never okay to pressure anyone into doing anything, ever. Pressuring a person into phone sex is the same as sexual harassment and you can be reported for it. Also, it's just creepy. Just how incapable are you of getting laid if you need to browbeat someone into making sexy noises for you over the phone?

3. Guys, most women do not wanna see your junk. Ever. For no reason at all. The notion that women ever want to see your package just comes from the fact that many men would kill for tits or an upskirt, combined with the amount of importance you place in your own meatsticks. You figure it's only natural that we womenfolk would feel the same way you do. It's just not true. Just because you wanna see it, doesn't mean we do. It also doesn't mean we wanna show it. Pressuring a woman for nudes is the same thing as stopping her in the middle of the street and demanding that she strip down. Also sexual harassment.

4. It is in the nature of online dating that sex won't happen very often. To this, there are three solutions: Don't be that interested in sex, have a really good imagination and communication skills, or find someone to date in person as soon as you possibly can. Of course online dating will fail if getting laid remains your driving force. Also, if you look to the internet for something that even remotely compares to real, in-person *******, let me stop you right now because you're doing it wrong.

But if you would do any of those things, then in my completely un-humble opinion, you shouldn't be dating in the first place.

But good try.

This should have been the OP.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Rosewood said:
I like this part

Haha, believe me, I'm no adversary to being bad. And I am in no position to tell women they have to be good. I have sexy pictures, both nude and not, but I don't want to be accused of "cat fishing" because I choose not to share them publicly or even with people I've only dated online for a short while. Or because I choose to post only my best pictures publicly (Who wouldn't?). I also enjoy phone sex, without needing any convincing at all, but don't want to be pressured into it when I don't feel like it.

What I meant by that last part was, if you would harass, pressure, *****, and whine at your partner, then you don't really need to be dating. Perhaps it is both a judgment and an opinion. I take responsibility for either and both.
Thanks for clarifying. That's real cool.

Wanderer145 said:
Online dating is just an uphill battle...for guys you send out hundreds of messages only to get a few answers back. It's just such a pain in the ass even starting a conversation and not trying to sound like the last guy who messaged her with probably the same thing. The worst is just investing time into it, getting some good conversation going, get a number..then it goes completely flat. It's like what the fresia am I doing so badly that it keeps happening? So even getting to the meeting stage hasn't happened yet as they lose interest, even when you take the initiative. I guess online dating is the only kind of dating I can really do as I don't have a large enough social group to get friends who know x who knows x and so on. These sites really do exploit loneliness bad...But I admit not everyone messes up and people do meet so it works for some but not all.

You really hit the nail on the head bro.

In my universe, I would like to add a new cause for depression in males: joining a dating site.

The longer you're on there (even if you just check in for 5-10 minutes per day) the worse you feel about yourself. Inevitably you start to think the lack of interest and dead-end conversations reflects your overall value, and you start to wonder what the successful guys on the sites are doing right, that you aren't. Nothing positive comes from this.

And then as soon as you obliterate your account, self-esteem rises and you can become your old, more chipper self again.

Just my two cents, anyway. YMMV

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Pressuring a woman for nudes is the same thing as stopping her in the middle of the street and demanding that she strip down.

Not quite the same, she can choose to cease contact online, while the later involves physical intimidation.

At least he's inadvertently provided some more reasons to avoid dating sites as anything but a last resort.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Well honeysuckle, according to this golden nugget of online dating advice I'm a cat fishing cock blocking fake-ass hoebag. :eek: Guys, steer clear of me!

Totally digging how this largely criticizes the behavior of women on the internet, though.

And what, exactly, are we criticizing? Women who are insecure about their figures, not keen on listening to their online man's fapping during sleazy phone sex, women who don't share nudes with men they've never actually met, and women who are actually content with not meeting up in person for a while.

daddymack said:

But good try.

sir, this advice is not strictly from me i just sumed it up the people i ask and who told me there experiences from online dating, so if you feel like im criticizing im only going based on a lot of experiences i heard from others, as you say "sleazy phone sex " which is pretty much judge mental or your opinion on how you feel about phone sex, unfortunately not everyone think its sleazy, this is not only about women your trying so hard to defend something with your own imagination as if im talking down on them, if you notice i said "SOME" well all know the man who just want sex they will eventually make it very clear, as based on the experiences ive read and heard about the woman are particularly different in their own ways, but with the experiences i had from a woman point of view was just all the same about the man,either just want sex, or has a big temper, now i heard some succcessful stories but not as much as the warning points given.

1. um... this is why i said match making because different people want different things and have different views on online relationship (any type of relationship)
2. um ?????? i never said it was okay to pressure anyone to do anything but unfortunately it happens, but your taking it a bit too far calling it sexual harassment, because when your an adult and someone is pressuring you into doing something and its not exactly forced because at the end of the day the girl has a choice not to do it, unlike people who get rape or touch, pressuring someone is like " please baby i love you " and that can go for anything not just something sexual, as the second part is a question i cant answer because i do not know people just like phone sex no matter how you personally feel about it.
3. okay i agree with you on some parts but i dont know if your taken the warnings/advice the wrong way, this is for people in a different mind set, you have to go all angles and not just say your personal opinion
4.i agree
5. i agree but unfortunately your not touching all bases of the world

my whole thing is your statements are not only un-humble it just shows that some people do not think outside the box although i agree with some of your stuff your whole statement is based on your opinion that is very text -book like i dont know if you know what that exactly mean.

but your saying good try as if ......you did better..... lol but and i think your took some of the stuff i wrote the wrong way....

i was just telling people the things they should know... its not about what you feel is sexually wrong what you feel about if they should or should not be dating if you feel like phone sex is sleazy lol ....

ardour said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:
Pressuring a woman for nudes is the same thing as stopping her in the middle of the street and demanding that she strip down.

Not quite the same, she can choose to cease contact online, while the later involves physical intimidation.

At least he's inadvertently provided some more reasons to avoid dating sites as anything but a last resort.

its okay i think he doesn't understand the point its not about the phone sex... its about what to expect ..... and what goes on during online dating...

Case said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:

daddymack said:

But good try.

This should have been the OP.

ok whatever lol

daddymack said:
2. um ?????? i never said it was okay to pressure anyone to do anything but unfortunately it happens, but your taking it a bit too far calling it sexual harassment, because when your an adult and someone is pressuring you into doing something and its not exactly forced because at the end of the day the girl has a choice not to do it, unlike people who get rape or touch, pressuring someone is like " please baby i love you " and that can go for anything not just something sexual, as the second part is a question i cant answer because i do not know people just like phone sex no matter how you personally feel about it.

I'm sorry, hold the fresia up. So because a woman has a CHOICE not to do anything, that means they aren't being harassed? It doesn't matter if you are a ******* adult or a child. Harassment is still harassment and it is NOT okay whether you have a choice or not.

Also, there is a difference between sexual harassment and sexual assault.

TheRealCallie said:
daddymack said:

I'm sorry, hold the fresia up. So because a woman has a CHOICE not to do anything, that means they aren't being harassed? It doesn't matter if you are a ******* adult or a child. Harassment is still harassment and it is NOT okay whether you have a choice or not.

Also, there is a difference between sexual harassment and sexual assault.

^

Trying to coerce or pressure someone into sex isn't an innocent act (and it doesn't "just happen" to the one doing it, they have a choice not to push themselves on a woman), and OP's attitude is one of the many reasons the Internet has become a cesspool.

daddymack said:
2. um ?????? i never said it was okay to pressure anyone to do anything but unfortunately it happens

Then why were you suggesting men "will have to pressure" girls to do this - why bring that up?

daddymack said:
pressuring someone is like " please baby i love you "

gross..

Do not trust THIS - not even nearly.
From sweetbaby69 :

Dearest,
I am Miss ##### I came across your profile today and became much interested in you I will like to have you as my companion, from here lets see if our dream towards each other will became a reality I will also like to received your mail direct to my box. I will be glad to receive your mail (Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters allot in life) Send an email to my email address. ( ########### ) so l can give you my picture for you to know who i am.
Thanks
Miss ##### #####.

That username just made me burst of laughter. The email address and given name was blanked out by me, still have to respect that level of privacy. Btw that's not from a dating website and I specifically mentioned I wasn't _at all_ looking for relationship in said website. Almost tempted to reply to it just to see how long before I'm asked to give money for him/her (who knows) to join me irl.

Also, to each their own, not trying to discourage anyone from online dating but reading this thread is basically discouraging me from it even further. Emotions can be real, not denying that, that isn't even nearly the problem (how can you call it dating tho, if you can't go out on a date together? Just seriously asking - seems we are operating under different meaning of "dating" altogether). The problem is that it seems that much like anything else, having to follow the guidebooks makes the whole thing inherently fake and boring to me.

Tired of hearing both gender acting as if their own personal preferences are universal obvious truths after experiencing the entire spectrum of people's very different personal preferences myself (that nearly completely invalidate anything said on this thread by either gender btw, but not going to get into details). Guidebooks are ruining relationships. "Be real but follow the guidebook" makes me laugh nearly as much as "sweetbaby69".

As for the pressure thing girls, I haven't known many guys irl that haven't been rejected at least once by a girl for not trying to sleep with her on their first date (and like having the guy being the one who makes all the pressure/advances, and making her feel like it's what he wants and not what she wants). All I'm trying to say there, not everyone are the same.

Human said:
As for the pressure thing girls, I haven't known many guys irl that haven't been rejected at least once by a girl for not trying to sleep with her on their first date (and like having the guy being the one who makes all the pressure/advances, and making her feel like it's what he wants and not what she wants). All I'm trying to say there, not everyone are the same.

So the solution to some women dumping guys who didn't move fast enough is to pressure the ones who are saying "no" or "I don't want to" into having sex, anyway?

There's seduction and making a move, and then there's things like pressure, coercion, and rape, which I'm happy to be closed-minded about until my dying breath. Some things are just plain wrong to do to another human being because you're trying to pry what's inalienably theirs and theirs alone (their body and sexuality) away from them. As someone who's experienced both seduction and pressure to "put out", there is no common ground.

Worse than being closed-minded is to be so open-minded that your brains begin to fall out and you see an issue with speaking out against women being pressured into sex.

Think we're operating under different meaning of pressure, furthermore sleeping with someone on the first date/night remains something not for me. Can you stop having to only assume the extremes every time? It'd make communication much smoother - there are points we're trying to communicate and you're using extremes in order not to understand them. I don't appreciate being told that I'm encouraging rape when I never said anything remotely close to that.

Human said:
Think we're operating under different meaning of pressure, furthermore sleeping with someone on the first date/night remains something not for me. Can you stop having to only assume the extremes every time? It'd make communication much smoother - there are points we're trying to communicate and you're using extremes in order not to understand them.

There is only one meaning of pressure, and that's the one found in any dictionary.

Operating in extremes would require assuming things that aren't actually being said, which isn't the case. The OP says to pressure women. Other people say no. You say not everyone is the same, to which I say bullshit - you don't under any circumstances pressure a woman to have sex.

As far as pressure is concerned, everyone is the same. You don't do it.

Like this definition :
Peer pressure is influence that a peer group, observers or individual exerts that encourages others to change their attitudes, values, or behaviors to conform the group norms. Social groups affected include membership groups, in which individuals are "formally" members (such as political parties and trade unions), or social cliques in which membership is not clearly defined. They may also recognize dissociative groups with which they would not wish to associate, and thus they behave adversely, in ways concerning that group's behaviors.

Cause it feels you're also using that kind of pressure yourself. I wish I wouldn't have to sound so rude but ultimately the opposite is shutting up and following the pressure you apply yourself.

Latest posts

Back