What's Your First Ever Memory?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SofiasMami

Reaction score
Do you have a first memory that stands out clearly?
Mine is my first day of kindergarten. I was 4 (my birthday is very late in the year and I was probably the youngest kid in school).
My mom didn't want to go with me on the first day so she forced me out the front door, screaming and crying. We lived in a very small town so I trudged the mile to school by myself.
Year later I asked her why she wouldn't go with me on my first day of school and she said she didn't want me to think that she would go with me every day.
It wasn't until I was an adult, living abroad and out of my bubble, that I realized many parents take their kids to the first day of school and sometimes even every day of school after that.
A few years ago, my daughter started school and I made sure I was there with her on the first day. :)

What's your first ever memory?

-Teresa

Mine is from about the age of three or four and being very ill with something and running a high fever. I was lying on a sofa, completely out of it, and someone came along, picked me up and brought me to the front door. I remember the cold air felt wonderful and the feeling of being completely safe and loved. I have no recollection of who it was that picked me up, all I remember are the feelings. It's the only time I remember feeling like that as a child. Or an adult, really.

It's important to remember things like that, it can be a great comfort during the dark times.

My first memory is when i was 4 years old, I was walking around the back yard with my late Uncle Sal. We were talking about what I wanted my soon to arrive sibling to be named. I was wearing a red dress with Black patent leather shoes... I told my uncle that if the baby was a girl, I wanted her name to be Ebony, and if it was a Boy.. then Al. I ended up with my brother Michael... and hes is one of my bestest friends ever!

I liked the name Ebony because the Song "Ebony and Ivory" was popular at that time! lol :p

I definitely remember my Mother bringing my little brother home after he had been born.
So I was nearly 3.

... My first memory? Are you sure you want to know?

Waking up. Unable to breathe. Thinking I was going to die before anyone would wake up.
I was barely 2.

I did something that could have been dangerous and which frightened my parents and the neighbors but I thought I knew what I was doing. I would have been about 4, no older than that, and a second floor window air conditioner had been removed for repair, leaving a hole I could crawl out of and out onto the porch roof. The house was roofed with unglazed red tiles that rubbed off on my hands and knees.....I was wiping the red stain off my hands onto my pants when the grownups down in the garden noticed me up there and started screaming. Someone, I don't remember whom (interesting that) ran upstairs, out the opening, onto the porch roof and fetched me inside. I didn't really have the vocabulary at the time, but I clearly recall thinking, 'What's the big deal? I know enough not to crawl over the edge and fall.'

Latest posts

Back