When two people go out on a date for the first time...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9006 said:
perfanoff said:
Unfortunately chivalry in the modern world (and by all accounts, the medieval world, too) is this:

Does anyone else see someone bitter? Or is this just me?

I passed being bitter on that one a while ago. What of it? Say, you like those rose-colored glasses?

Pictures, that's a nice peach (hehe). Makes me want to load up Mount & Blade again.

Naleena said:
When two people go out on a date for the first time, who pays? Does it matter?

The person who requested the date, regardless of gender. It's just proper manners. :)

Having never been asked out on a date..... I wouldn't know about being taken out and treated, except on special romantic occasions. Although I've been thinking about this and a home-cooked meal by someone with a modicum of skill is much more impressive to me then just flashing cash. If someone actually puts the effort in, I'm much more impressed then just showing off the size of your credit card limit.

I believe it is my responsibility; and if a person believes we should go dutch, I try and compromise by asking if it is acceptable that she pays for it next time.

Latest posts

Back