When's The Last Time You Got Rejected?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats worse, being stood up and no date happens or maybe speaking awhile via text message then going on the date, get along so great but never hear from them again after that?? :( Has happened to me twice last year. Makes me feel awfull.
By the way we share the same birthdate

lonely_one said:
Whats worse, being stood up and no date happens or maybe speaking awhile via text message then going on the date, get along so great but never hear from them again after that?? :( Has happened to me twice last year. Makes me feel awfull.
Both are terrible. I think the best (if we're talking about online dating or blind dates) is to expect 90% failure and think of a B plan prior to going there. So if they don't show up or disappoint you in any way, you know exactly at what hour you stop waiting for them and what you'll do next and don't waste a whole evening on someone who doesn't have the heart to show up.

As for when things seem fine but they disappear in thin air = there was competition, and probably an expert don juan. your date will get dumped soon.

This is not a hard rejection like a lot of the posts here but still, really odd.
I was at a restaurant and got up out of my seat to ask the hostess who seated us where the restrooms were. So I am standing in the middle of the restaurant, asking my question, and she looks at me and then walks away. It was a slow time of day and the people at the nearest booth were relatively quiet so that they heard/saw my interaction with the hostess and stared at me, looking very confused. I did find the restroom but I still don't know what I did wrong. She definitely heard me.

lonely_one said:

I'd take either of those over this:
-being approached by someone out of the blue

-going out

-being told it was fun and that we'll go again soon (and you didn't even ask, but cool! great!)

-not going at the time it was told to you you all would be, and not soon (not again, actually)

-asking this person out to do other things

-being led to think there's interest in hanging out each time

-when time comes to go, "more important" things come up and you're let down

-the person never contacts you later to say "hey, I know we didn't... but how about now?" just to show that the intent wasn't to mislead you and give you false hopes when you were asking to spend time

-and this (naturally) putting you in a position where you have to either FAKE being friendly to this person when you randomly run into them, not being friendly at all and just totally ignoring them, or spending a lot of time building the strength to forgive but lower your interest in this person to THE lowest degree of all your time of knowing this person (years prior to being approached)

It all sucks, really. I just wish people could behave. :D

I get rejected every single time. I am the only one in my family that can't seem to get anyone.

this very morning, by one person I had in high esteem and liked a lot and was starting to trust (a miracle when I trust someone)

you can't your avatar AC. :)

Sorry to hear that you got rejected. It sucks because you finally thought you had it in the bag. :(

If I have to work it out on avarage, twice a year for the last 23 years. But I haven't attempted in almost 7 years.

Anten said:
you can't your avatar AC. :)

Sorry to hear that you got rejected. It sucks because you finally thought you had it in the bag. :(
Do you mean me with "AC" ? My new avatar is a pic of a fountain. I tend to use that pic as "myself" when I feel like a need to cool off from something. I didn't think I had anything in the bag though, I really just thought I could at least trust them. I try to avoid taking people for granted. It's always an error.

Sorry blackdot about the daily rejection rate. *Hugs* What will you do about it?

Twice a year isn't so bad for an artist, BlueArtist. I suppose we're talking about relationships but even then, getting rejected twice a year is not much. Might be just a question of trying more/differently/change target and you could get what you want.

Arsenic Queen said:
this very morning, by one person I had in high esteem and liked a lot and was starting to trust (a miracle when I trust someone)

Ditto

Seems a lot of us got rejected yesterday. I confessed something to someone who I truly respected and admired because I wanted to be honest with them but right afterwards realised what an idiot I must have sounded like and panicked. I was supposed to be the strong one so I felt ashamed about my confession but that person took my shame as rejection to them so now I’m feeling like an idiot AND have lost one of the few people who I truly care about.

I haven’t slept all night due to thinking about it, I wish they would understand it was myself I was rejecting and not them but it seems that whatever I do just pushes them away further. I feel absolutely dreadful about it because I don’t think I can fix things.

Was at a clothing store today. One of the girls were working there trying to get me to buy clothes. We got off kinda well IMO. But then I asked a girl for her chat program number to chat with her. Got rejected! Said she had a boyfriend

but that's life, i dont take it as hard as i used too

Bank tellers seem to be really flirty too even though they don't work on commission.

I've never really attempted to ask a girl out therefore I've gone 22 years without being rejected. Go me...

Lost Drifter said:
I feel absolutely dreadful about it because I don’t think I can fix things.

I think you fix things wonderfully. Sometimes it's all just a question of a little patience. :)

If being stood up counts I was rejected right before Christmas. At first I was pretty upset because hes the one who took the initiative to ask me out and seemed interested in me- and then he called me after work the day we were supposed to hang out, said he would call back and he never called again. He actually tried to text me a few nights ago acting like nothing had happened and it was no big deal.

Looking back at it now I'm glad that it happened because otherwise it could have been a potentially miserable relationship- nonetheless though at the time it sucked getting dressed up and excited for no apparent reason.

If there's anything people should over come and forget, aside from regret, it's rejection. It's not your fault you got rejected, it's not their fault they rejected you. You two just don't mesh well together.

Latest posts

Back