Who am I?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its a question I ask myself everyday. I don't like me too much, so I never got the chance to find out what I am really like. I want to understand why I do the things I do, but whenever I ask myself I never get a clear answer. I feel so lost and confused. What do I want from me? Why won't I say?

I think I have spent 80 percent of my life analyzing my actions. Wondering why i do the things i do, and to some extent i've found answers. I found that knowing why you do something, doesn't exactly help you change it, it doesn't make you like the action any better. I'm don't like myself half the time either but you have to allow yourself to be or you will never figure out who you are, its too restricting. -"If you don't like something change it, if you cant, change your attitude towards it. "- Getting a clear answer can be hard especially from yourself, just ponder one action at a time, review what emotions are causeing the action, then what is triggering that emotion. If all else fails try analyzing someone else as practice. why are they behaiving that way? what are they feeling?

This has to be one of life's mysteries - we will never know who we really. We just have to spend our lives pondering on about this and hope we get the right answer.

I think other people see the real us more than we see ourselves..as long as we're not acting. :D

I know something that helps if you want to get to know yourself or see yourself from the other side. If you have a webcam.. just start recording yourself and act like someone is there listening to you. Then view the video and just keep doing this.

I found that knowing why you do something, doesn't exactly help you change it, it doesn't make you like the action any better.
Yeah, to be honest, this is pretty true. Sometimes, I suppose, knowing why you do something might point you toward a solution to your problem, but most of the time, it ends up as just an interesting philosophical point that doesn't do anything to help you change your behavior.

As far as who... my therapist asked me what I like about myself--er, because I had said that I do like myself--and it took me a while to think of anything. I feel like I have a subconscious knowledge of who I am, but to define it, to put it into words, isn't easy. At any rate, my problem is that even though I do like myself, I feel like nobody else likes me. At least, not any more than a random philosophical curiosity.

You need not ask yourself such questions I think. Not if they have a negative effect on you. Good doesn't usually come from thinking bad things.

just go with the flow and the answer you are looking for will come to you.

Latest posts

Back