Why do you think it's difficult to make friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People form relationships initially based out of reciprocity. We invest in people who have traits we admire and skills or talents that might best complement ours. Eventually, as time goes on, we grow to care about them or not, depending on their character and demeanor.

In theory, anyway. For some people, like myself, there seems to be something missing, some broken mechanism that prevents us from connecting with others. I really wish I could pin it down.

For me its hard to actually meet people where i live so my environment would be a huge factor that and not having enough money to drive to another town on a regular basis or move somewhere new to get out of this cycle of non connection with other people. Also when i do get lucky and end up in a sittuation i can possibly connect with people theres not enough time usually for us to truly get to know one another and most people judge books by their cover now adays and dont take the time to read past the first page. So i spend a lot of time in the library so to speak.

Fear of losing them is what blocks me from reaching out to them sometimes, I have lost few and I don't want to experience the same thing again but then I like to have someone beside me, someone I can relate to. I don't have problem communicating with anyone it's just I don't want them to be my friend. My past stops me from doing what I want to do.

Latest posts

Back