Why do you want to be relationship so badly? Asked a friend of mine.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
A question my friend asked me before school ended. She told me that one person gets hurt and the other goes on with their life. I wish I gave her more details then that. Like how I let a drug dealer try to get another customer to buy his weed by using the person I wanted as a selling point. I have no clue what she might have told me if I brought that up if it wasn't in the back of my mind or haven't forgot about it. I'm 18 and should have know better than that. He also talked to me as if I was socially awkward.

I think you need to let go of the drug dealer thing. Unless you're more involved in it than you're letting on, something like that shouldn't consume you so much.

Also, are you socially awkward? If he spoke to you as such, he must have thought you were. It's all a matter of opinion, but do you think you are?

oh god no. that's dumb. Why would I do something like that? besides, he's almost caught. I guess I won't find closure until he is.

I don't really want a relationship that badly.

I suppose I could take no-strings sex, if it came along, because I'm still in that mindset. However, I'm not ready to settle down, and I'm happy alone. Why should I make myself miserable by getting into a relationship that will just end badly?

VanillaCreme said:
I think you need to let go of the drug dealer thing. Unless you're more involved in it than you're letting on, something like that shouldn't consume you so much.

Also, are you socially awkward? If he spoke to you as such, he must have thought you were. It's all a matter of opinion, but do you think you are?

It's a problem that I have. when something happens to me, I can't help but dwell on it. Like when my uncle wouldn't let me get the style of clothes I liked. I was mad about that for months. To me, my grandmother gave me that money to buy clothes with, so I can choose whatever style I wanted.

African_weasel said:
oh god no. that's dumb. Why would I do something like that? besides, he's almost caught. I guess I won't find closure until he is.

He may be almost caught... but he's not yet. And if he happens to never get caught, and even if he were caught, if justice isn't served, I think you'll just be in loop with it. I know you have your reasons, and honestly, I can understand it. But there comes a time where things need to be let go, simply because it's out of your control.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Why should I make myself miserable by getting into a relationship that will just end badly?

What makes you think it would be something miserable?

I have actually been wanting to get married, my health is failing and I don't have a lot longer. I am all alone on the Earth, and no heirs. Hell, nobody to even see I get buried in my family plot up North. Seven years in isolation will really drive you nut's, when you realize there is no end to it.

VanillaCreme said:

I think so too.

African_weasel said:
It's a problem that I have. when something happens to me, I can't help but dwell on it. Like when my uncle wouldn't let me get the style of clothes I liked. I was mad about that for months. To me, my grandmother gave me that money to buy clothes with, so I can choose whatever style I wanted.

When you continue to dwell on something negatively, what good would it bring you? Are you happy with the way you tend to dwell on things? You can try to kick this issue. It really doesn't help your situation.

All I'm saying is. Life's too short to dwell on things. Sometimes you miss the best opportunities in life while you dwell on something for too long.

I don't want to be in a relationship too badly at the moment. The idea of a relationship sounds great, and I thought I did a couple of weeks ago, but sh*t hit the fan. I'm not in the state of mind for one. Not sure when I'll be. I have commitment issues at the moment and the most recent girl I was seeing was becoming attached to me. I felt awful, not because I didn't feel the same way but because I didn't believe that I could stick with her during the current time period due to my inner inability to commit. I call it 'inner inability to commit' because I didn't straight up say it until I broke things off with her. I'm sure I'll regret it in the long run and chalk it up as my stubbornness getting the better of me. Our relationship started off casual and innocent, but the feelings quickly amped up as our chemistry became pretty tangible as we were seeing each other frequently and enjoying things, but I felt bad that she was getting too far into things with me because I'm scared of the future. I've been beating myself up over it, among other related issues to relationships.

I must work on myself first before hopping back into the saddle. By then, she'll probably be with somebody else. Ah, well. C'est la vie. Such is life.

ladyforsaken said:
When you continue to dwell on something negatively, what good would it bring you? Are you happy with the way you tend to dwell on things? You can try to kick this issue. It really doesn't help your situation.

All I'm saying is. Life's too short to dwell on things. Sometimes you miss the best opportunities in life while you dwell on something for too long.
I know your post wasn't directed towards me, but thanks for this. I remind myself of that often but always fall back into the trap of being captured by past moments in my mind.

African_weasel said:
Can we stick to answering the question?

No one who has replied was off-topic. Anything commented on was derived from something you have said.

But to answer the title question:

I don't. I never really cared about being in relationships. They happen, great. If not, then I'll be fine by myself.

It's not that I would be miserable in a relationship, but that I shouldn't make myself miserable because I'm single.

ForeverVirile said:
ladyforsaken said:

I know your post wasn't directed towards me, but thanks for this. I remind myself of that often but always fall back into the trap of being captured by past moments in my mind.

:)

Yeah, it happens. But if you try to keep reminding yourself, eventually, it will get easier to do it. I wish you good luck. :)

ladyforsaken said:
ForeverVirile said:
ladyforsaken said:

:)

Yeah, it happens. But if you try to keep reminding yourself, eventually, it will get easier to do it. I wish you good luck. :)

I make people smile just by looking at them. lol

African_weasel said:
A question my friend asked me before school ended. She told me that one person gets hurt and the other goes on with their life. I wish I gave her more details then that. Like how I let a drug dealer try to get another customer to buy his weed by using the person I wanted as a selling point. I have no clue what she might have told me if I brought that up if it wasn't in the back of my mind or haven't forgot about it. I'm 18 and should have know better than that. He also talked to me as if I was socially awkward.

The way this is written it's impossible to understand what you are saying. Or what kind of advice you are asking for.

It's totally incoherent.

ForeverVirile said:
I don't want to be in a relationship too badly at the moment. The idea of a relationship sounds great, and I thought I did a couple of weeks ago, but sh*t hit the fan. I'm not in the state of mind for one. Not sure when I'll be. I have commitment issues at the moment and the most recent girl I was seeing was becoming attached to me. I felt awful, not because I didn't feel the same way but because I didn't believe that I could stick with her during the current time period due to my inner inability to commit. I call it 'inner inability to commit' because I didn't straight up say it until I broke things off with her. I'm sure I'll regret it in the long run and chalk it up as my stubbornness getting the better of me. Our relationship started off casual and innocent, but the feelings quickly amped up as our chemistry became pretty tangible as we were seeing each other frequently and enjoying things, but I felt bad that she was getting too far into things with me because I'm scared of the future. I've been beating myself up over it, among other related issues to relationships.

I must work on myself first before hopping back into the saddle. By then, she'll probably be with somebody else. Ah, well. C'est la vie. Such is life.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not mentally stable enough for a relationship, there's a embedded inferiority complex that will never go away. I'm weak, eventually I would take it out on her, even if there could be anyone for me, and I'd make a terrible parent... it's kind of freeing to face what you are and move on with the life you've got.

For some people it's a cure for lonelyness, others just like sex, but for me I love being in a relationship with someone because I like the feeling of being close to someone, I like having someone who I can trust and vice versa. It gives you a great feeling knowing that someone wants to be with you who cares, where you can share you lives together and offer support. Proper relationships can change a person for the better.

I want to be in a relationship because I want to share a part of life with someone. To have a connection with someone, physical and emotional. To share encouragement and support with someone. To have someone to travel with, share the things we like together, and drag each other to new things and experiences. And yeah, to feel accepted, on a deeper level than just a friend might give. Also, I would still like to have children, at a young enough age that I can still play and be an active part of their lives ... although the chances of that feels like it has all but slipped out of reach now.

Latest posts

Back