Why dont people reply to my private messages?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
I've sent p.m.'s to several people here asking how they are, and only one has replied.

How can "Hello, how are you" be deemed offensive to anybody?

And I've given these people time to reply. Well over a week in some cases.

People shouldn't be so bloody ignorant.

They probably don't deem it offensive. Some people just dont...like to write PMs. You have to be patient until you find the right person. :)

Not everyone will be all sparkly eyed wanting to be your friend no matter how great of a person you are. Some people, just don't like to write PMs, but would like to talk to you better on MSN. There are a lot of variables to be considered.

You must give people the choice to be your friend, understanding it is fully within their right to reject your extended hand of friendship. Do not become angry when they reject you. Instead, move on, with full confidence that you will find someone that will not push your extended hand away. For you see, when you find a friend that loves you out of choice, then it makes it all the more precious and valued.

Sophia, people should at least reply with hello thank you out of common courtesy, it's not that hard. He's just saying hello, not let's be friends and talk every second. I don't get people sometimes Mr. CAS

I haven't received any pm's from you. I'm not offended but should I be? ;) I don't get a lot of pm's probably because I'm not too active on the forum but I always try to respond when I do get one.

-Teresa

It's all about choice.

Nearly everyone on here ignores me but i respect their choice.

Besides, i get to annoy them all on the forums. :D

Because they don't have to. And you can't demand their attention or their time.

I've been waiting for you to add me on MSN, and you have not yet. *taps foot*
Whatever reason you have not - I am not mad, but I just had to say something when I saw this. (d)
Nothing personal.

Edit: I also came online *just for you* when I saw this. (un)

Same here, send me a PM and I will reply. I would love to get a friendly message from someone like that. It's actually kind of awkward in a way to post this thread for everyone and make people think, "oh why didn't he PM me, what's wrong with me?" I think you should take it up with those who didn't reply, perhaps

Luna said:
I've been waiting for you to add me on MSN, and you have not yet. *taps foot*
Whatever reason you have not - I am not mad, but I just had to say something when I saw this. (d)
Nothing personal.

Edit: I also came online *just for you* when I saw this. (un)

I did add you. Several days ago. :(

VanillaCreme said:
Because they don't have to. And you can't demand their attention or their time.

Well in that case some people on here aren't as nice as they like to think, and no wonder they're lonely.

People who don't want to make the effort to gain new friends shouldn't complain about being lonely.

VanillaCreme said:
Maybe they don't want to talk to you. You can't make people talk to you.

Yes, exactly. Friendship is about reciprocicy and if the person doesn't reciprocate then there can't be a friendship.

PM me! I'd love to talk to you.

Although I have to warn you, I don't always reply right away, but I do reply eventually, always, to everyone, except for mintymint's last PM because she/he said (I don't know his/her gender),"I'm scared of PMs." XD So yea.

Like lately, I took about a week or a little over a week to reply to everyone's PMs, but before that I was replying every day and will definitely be doing that again.

Just know that sometimes the fact that they don't reply right away might just be because stuff is going on in their life and might not have anything to do with you and whether or not they want to talk to you.

I've also sort of encountered the pm problem. The chat doesn't work on my computer, so it's the only avenue I've got to approach people on here. It's true you can't force people be your friend or talk to you, but it's a little discouraging when you can't make friends on a site dedicated to lonely people :/

Latest posts

Back