Why don't women ever approach men?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike413 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Susana said:
Secondly, whether some woman will admit it or not, we are not the ''hunters'' and would rather be the ''hunted''! We see being ''hunted'' , so to speck, as a challenge.

I don't consider being "hunted" a challenge, more the other way around. :p
Maybe I'm just different from "most women." (hmm)

You are rare then. Most women don't want to put themselves out there and face possible rejection.

I say as a woman do both. Let men approach you and if you like them just go with it but also approach them if you want.

(...)

I think this is key. Let's say as a rule of thumb (an expression that has an unfortunate background with regard to women), the guy unless he's so painfully shy it'd never happen calls the first date. To take the relationship to the next level, however, requires the interest of both parties, so it's up to the woman to have a "response date". That seems fair.

EveWasFramed said:
Mike413 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Well then, I guess all the guys in the world who think women aren't ever going to approach them can do one of two things:

1. SUCK IT UP and do the approaching or
2. Stay alone

Or am I missing any alternatives?

Wait around for hell to freeze over or a woman I would be interested in to approach me(same thing :p).

Ok. To be honest, it could happen but the point is no man should wait for it to happen(and yes that includes me).

LOL, well yes, that's sort of my point. :p If you think it's not gonna happen, then you (anyone who feels this way) have only the two options listed above.
Not trying to be insensitive to the issue, but really, those seem to be the only two options.

men who don't get approached by women will probably be unattractive or look unfriendly. After awhile they realize nothing is happening so they approach women. And because they still look unfriendly or unattractive these women won't be impressed and will reject these men with words such as 'creep' or 'stalker' - it's catch 22 !

The third option is to improve yourself if you can.

The fourth option is to do nothing.

I'm not overweight, and don't have visible scars or pock-marks. I'm guessing I look and/or act unfriendly. Though I can occasionally know women as friends, it's never more than that.

kamya said:
Moe said:
9006 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Well then, I guess all the guys in the world who think women aren't ever going to approach them can do one of two things:

2. Stay alone

2. Stay alone
3. Moan about it
Option 3 appears to be very popular; Perhaps to much so.....<.<

Pretty much any change that has ever happened in the world began with someone moaning about something. I havn't read the whole thread so I don't know the context but I'm just saying. :O
True, but there's a difference between someone complaining, then fighting to improve working conditions for example and some guy complaining that woman don't throw themselves at him.

bulmabriefs144 said:
I'm not overweight, and don't have visible scars or pock-marks. I'm guessing I look and/or act unfriendly. Though I can occasionally know women as friends, it's never more than that.

same here.

Mike413 said:
EveWasFramed said:
I wonder how this thread might have gone if the title had been, "How can I make myself seem more approachable to women?"
Not being a smartass, totally serious with that.

Oooh I know(raises hand). I can cut out a picture of George CLooney or Brad Pitt then paste it on my face then when women take it off they'll go eww who the f**k are you. :D Then that's when I hit them with the club and drag them back to my cave. LOL. As Triumph the insult comic dog would say "I kid. I kid." :D

Not every woman thinks Pitt or Clooney or anyone else as such are attractive men.

Because my hairs a mess, I need a shave, covered in sawdust, and tools that poke out of my toolbag are sharp.

Forgot to add that I've got dragon breath this morning- too much coffee and the fried egg and onion sandwich has given me the ability to melt steel.

WildernessWildChild said:
Because my hairs a mess, I need a shave, covered in sawdust, and tools that poke out of my toolbag are sharp.

Forgot to add that I've got dragon breath this morning- too much coffee and the fried egg and onion sandwich has given me the ability to melt steel.

there is nothing attractive about me whatsoever.
I'm ugly, silly balding head, I don't have a 'smiling face' - it hangs into a frown all the time. My voice sounds like I'm the most bored and miserable person on earth. My body is funny looking, short legs. I probably do all kinds of funny and strange mannerisms. My head sort of leans to one side because I have 80% vision in one eye and 20% in the other.

But i think some women sort of feel sorry for me.

I think if people can look thru all that, they realize what a nice bloke I am !

EveWasFramed said:
Mike413 said:
EveWasFramed said:

2. Stay alone

Wait around for hell to freeze over or a woman I would be interested in to approach me(same thing :p).

Ok. To be honest, it could happen but the point is no man should wait for it to happen(and yes that includes me).

LOL, well yes, that's sort of my point. :p If you think it's not gonna happen, then you (anyone who feels this way) have only the two options listed above.
Not trying to be insensitive to the issue, but really, those seem to be the only two options.

culture fail

Sawdust and tools? Sounds like my kinda guy. :p

[men who don't get approached by women will probably be unattractive or look unfriendly. After awhile they realize nothing is happening so they approach women. And because they still look unfriendly or unattractive these women won't be impressed and will reject these men with words such as 'creep' or 'stalker' - it's catch 22 !

The fourth option is to do nothing. ]

I hope this is a joke because it's definitely not true. 99 percent of men don't get approached by women 99 percent of the time. This is pretty much a fact. Ok even if it's not that high it's at least 95 percent. So what you are saying is that only one to five percent of men are "attractive." THe other men don't get approached because they are unattractive? What a bunch of BS that is. This is the most trolling kind of statement I've seen on here so far. As has been pointed out before, women don't approach men for the most part because they have been socially conditioned not to.

Mike, you seem to be very mislead. Your experiences and what you've seen doesn't count as fact for everyone.

Gender Roles.
Females aren't responsible for the approach, due to gender roles. That is a responsibility placed upon males by society gender roles.

P.S. We are not all equal within society.

Mike413 said:
[men who don't get approached by women will probably be unattractive or look unfriendly. After awhile they realize nothing is happening so they approach women. And because they still look unfriendly or unattractive these women won't be impressed and will reject these men with words such as 'creep' or 'stalker' - it's catch 22 !

The fourth option is to do nothing. ]

I hope this is a joke because it's definitely not true. 99 percent of men don't get approached by women 99 percent of the time. This is pretty much a fact. Ok even if it's not that high it's at least 95 percent. So what you are saying is that only one to five percent of men are "attractive." THe other men don't get approached because they are unattractive? What a bunch of BS that is. This is the most trolling kind of statement I've seen on here so far. As has been pointed out before, women don't approach men for the most part because they have been socially conditioned not to.

i know who the troll is on this thread !

VanillaCreme said:
Mike, you seem to be very mislead. Your experiences and what you've seen doesn't count as fact for everyone.

Ive seen with my own eyes women approach men. All the time. I'm not making this up. So how come I'm a troll ? How come it's a joke what I say ? Ive seen it for god's sake !

duff said:
VanillaCreme said:

Ive seen with my own eyes women approach men. All the time. I'm not making this up. So how come I'm a troll ? How come it's a joke what I say ? Ive seen it for god's sake !

Duff, this wasn't directed towards you. I never said anything about a troll or joke in that post.

Err, I'm confused.

And whether or not a woman will approach a man is based on

A.) Whether or not she finds him attractive
B.) Whether or not she is old fashioned, or not

I am a liberal. But I know there are enough conservative women out there who don't believe in breaking gender stereotypes, that they would never approach a man. Even if he was, by their standards, drop dead gorgeous.

Even if a person didn't approach someone because of their beliefs in gender roles, then it's because of just that. Their beliefs. You can be raised to believe in anything, but there comes a point in time in our lives when we can break out of that. A lot of people decide not to break out of it... So, it really depends on the person, even if they were raised - or personally decided - to believe in certain things.

I would have been OK for an approach until you mentioned that last bit, lol. :p

EveWasFramed said:

I would have been OK for an approach until you mentioned that last bit, lol. :p

I brushed my teeth ;)

frey12 said:
Gender Roles.
Females aren't responsible for the approach, due to gender roles. That is a responsibility placed upon males by society gender roles.

P.S. We are not all equal within society.

And yet it is taboo to complain about these gender roles if you are a straight CIS male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back