Why people ignore me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not expected to look at anyone. If you do, that's your decision. And if you don't want to walk up to someone and compliment them in some way, that's on you too. No one owes you anything because you look at people.

Yep, what Vanilla said. Personally, I get uncomfortable if I notice someone looking at me out on the street, on the bus or wherever. I wouldn't mind if it didn't happen, and I certainly do NOT expect it. :)

Rule of thumb - remember about 90% of people you see on their street have their heads lodged firmly in the clouds. I know I certainly do sometimes. In the past I've had a girl smile at me or something, barely noticed and then felt bad later :rolleyes:

People'll be thinking about buying the milk, meeting their friend, getting home or their partner or their job or something most of the time.

I find people pay more attention when you're in quiet areas (like the clothes departments of the large, "upper-market" supermarkets) or when you're at something that demands concentration (traffic lights, crossings, window browsing etc.). On a typical bustling street, everyone kind of blends in. It's like Assassin's Creed, without the poisoning or wrestling with swordsmen :p

kesha said:
Oh, so why am I expected to look at hot girls while passing them by down the street? It's not like they're hotter than the girls on TV or in the magazines, you know. Besides, why should I waste my eyes looking at them when we'll never meet? Why am I as a straight male expected to look at them as a piece of meat anyway? If they don't look at me, why should I look at them? From now on, I will ignore them, the way they do.

You're not "expected" to look at girls you find attractive. Definitely not in a "piece of meat" way - that's just disrespectful and kind of creepy, as you no doubt know from the way you phrased it.

Instead, think of it as a way to boost your confidence and have a little bit of adventure. I like to imagine that if something weird or out of the ordinary happens, perhaps I'll get to know her better. Like if we end up in the same store later in the day.

It hasn't happened yet, but one day it might :D

Plus, as you'll see from my rather elated posts in my little positivity thread, getting smiles, grins, whispers and eye contact from girls you find attractive feels amazing. It really validates your ambitions - you realise that girls like that are within your reach and may very well want to be kissed in a less rushed setting :)

(I'll also add: Don't stare. I had this weird bloke stare at me twice when I once went into town. He was unusually tall with bulbous eyes and a sharp frown. I kind of expected him to stick a Stanley knife into my jugular. Not cool!)

My emotions comes from within. Outside source only triggers them.
You simply just have to trigger happy feelings yourself first.
Happiness in an inside job...we not look so far.

Just think of moment that you were happy. Such as waking up
as a child on a christmas morning,or other good times you had.
Or allow yourself to feel what it would feel like to have everything you ever want
out of life.

K..for me It might be a little bit easier...cuase I exerinced lots and lots
of amazing orgiasm while I was inside a woman. My brain triggers
natrural endurphines. After a good excersize my body also release natraul endorphines.

At the sametime..I believe my body still release natural pharamones even at my age.
Im still very sexually active becuase of my has a good level of testosterone.
Its a factor why certain woman will get arrouse when they get around me.
So...smell good. I guess but dont take a bath in it.

Anyway...everyone have had good experince in thier lives.
Dwell on these feelings. Use this process to work for you.
Get proactive. You have power over how you feel and happiness more than you think.
You need not wait for people to make you happy.
Poeple dont actually make you happy...they simply just trigger happy feelings within you.

Anyway...feel happy all day. You'll put out this vibe.
it'll increase your chances of meeting people or makes it easier to enteract with people.
A simple combination of triggering your own happy feelings and positive self talk....
Simple self motivations....it's almost magical

Most people are waiting for other people to trigger thier happy feelings
because most people dont take the time to get to know themselves.
If you have this foresite...use the process to work for you and not against to.

If want things to go in your favor more often...
Hang out where people exersize. Or wait until a chick is in a good mood
before you make your moves....Thats why flowers, jokes Chocolate, Beuatiful poams..music wroks etc.etc.
Thats why Ive learn to tolerate certain music my Gfs listen to.
Music that they enjoy...which puts them in a good mood.
Say whatever to get them to giggle or luagh.

if people are having a bad day...such as women feeling moody if they're on the rag.
Dont hang out around her....She'll associate you with her bad emotions.
So when she see you again...you'll trigger bad emotions within side of her.

So if someone dosnt respond to you..maybe they're just in a bad mood or
recieved bad news....dont internalize it or take it so **** personal.

Thats why you dont pay attiontion to people that's fucken abusive, is negative
or whatever the fresia they're going to say to you..that's going to trigger
bad feelings...such "she makes me feel bad"...
In a way she dose...but now that I know better..she dosnt have that much power over me.

Understand this process...no one can make you feel good or bad.

If you're dependent for others to make you happy...You're co-dependent.
So before you go out into the world looking for a partner..understand this.
You'll bend over backwards to seek approval or whatever happy feeling you're seeking..

My GF..used to ask me for money...as I'm having an orgasim or cumming inside of her. LMAO
She says that cuase she knows...I'll blurrrrr out...yes honey...she's was just teasing.lol

However she's also a very smart women..when she wants certain things she wants me to
do or get her. She'll wait until I'm in a good mood ....usually after sex.lmao
it's not so much that I wont do or get those things for her anyway.
There's just less conflicts and it simply works in her favor more.

I took it that Kesha was referring to the rudeness of people (mainly girls) with the addition being even the girls at the 'check out desks' (I suppose that Kesha is referring to cashiers here). Sure, one shouldn't allow others to get under their skin, but it happens - especially if they're downright rude. Nobody that I know likes to be treated like crap, and if they're smiling at everyone else BUT Kesha, there must be something going on here. I wouldn't have a clue what this would be.
Am I missing something here?
Kesha, the only thing I can think of is that you're putting out some sort of vibe that they're aware of in some sort of way.

Yes, Kesha. I just went back through the thread, and realized that this also had to do with guys as well - Everyone. I went south for a brief spell. Sorry, bro. Back on track (I think).

I mean how can they get any vibes. It's not like I have a "I have a social anxiety" sing on my forehead.

People can definitely pick up vibes from you. It's not impossible to do. I'm sure you've picked up how someone's felt by their body language and overall attitude.

K...
So I'm just minding own business as always.
Then I ran into Juliet again today.
I recently met her through a friend last week.

So we're chit chating at first. Theh she motioned about
her back grounds and what shes all about..her purpose.
She actually an author and runs an orginization.
A high power business women. But she was in her casual
We connected on that level becuase of whats I'm trying to achieve.
I asked her if she can help me. She was delighted.

(notice...I asked her if she can help me. A person is more likely to help you
when ask...people like to help other people. It makes them feel good about themselve...
I trigger her positive feelings)

So she just asked me to go hang out with her.
We had coffee and hung out and shared more.
She also just wanted someone to listen to her....
She also made an invitations straight up...she wants to get to know me better
so we can connect at deeper level or build on that.
We laughed and joke around as will as talking on other matters.

Going with the flow...relex. I was in a good mood already.
She also gave me her number, e-mail address.
She also invited me to meet up with her again tonight.
She wasnt ignoring me that's for sure. And she also gotten my attentions.
Positive vibes...bouning off of each other.

Juliet is drop dead gorgeous. Very, very sexy.
Beautiful blonde hair, blues eyes with a bootilious body.
mmmm...it's different than the vibe from Michelle that
I hang out with yesterday.

K,...that's a chick everyday I've met or getting to know better
since I replied to this thread. But I've also met a different chick
everyday since I moved here too. Very, very beautiful women.

I didnt meet these women sitting at home...
Wheather I approched them or they come on to me.

I've also been reading a book on positive self talk.
It gose into details and gives me instructions or suggestions.
I'm applying those suggestions in my life.
It's working...it works if you work it or apply it.
It's actaully very, very simple.
I just made a list of positive affiarmations about myself as instructed.

I can do this..I can do that
I can achive this..
Im happy
Im friendly
Im easy going...etc..etc.
I'm a chcik magnet.lol

I've also made a recording of myself with the list I made.
My MP3 player have a vioce recorder.
I listen to recordings of my own vioce.
It's positive self encouragement 24/7s if I chose to listen to it everyday.
I actaully hear postive vioce of myself through out my days...
the same process happens when I listen to a song.
Sometimes a song will just pop into my head..and I cant get it out of my head.
Well...My postive self talk pops into my head from out of nowhere too and it runs automatically.

I'm my own landlord in my head. I'm not letting others rent space in my head with their negative bullshit.
And I'm smart enough to know I'm better off runing on positive fuel instead of negative fuel that I create
myself. Its simple common sense. Its not fucken rocket science.
In other words...I have positive internal dialog with myself....
Instead of focusing on negative bullshit or flaws.
Yes...we're all self consious. Be consious of your own good nature and qualities more often. Dwell on this.
Dwell on positive experience and good feelings.
Dwell or foucs???? Dose it matter what words or terms i use?

As I staterd before POSITIVE GOOD FEELING which you can trigger and a combination with POSITIVE Self talk
is a very powerful combination. I have positive energy (vibe) that surrounds me everywhere I go.
This is becoming my beliefs system. The more I practice this over time.
It'll be at a subconsious level. As if I'm hypnotized.
We live in accordance to our beliefs....
Since I'm more pron to react to my emotions than to repsond to them.
I'm using this process to work for me ...instead of against me.
Keep happy thoughts and feelings..
Deciplining my mind.

My beliefs are the CUASE. My actions/reactions or behaviors are the EFFECTS.
I'm getting to it at the ROOT

In other words..I'm recondtioning myself or conditioning myself.
I'm the master of my life...

The bolts & nuts or mechanics of how to keep and have a positive ATTITUDE or positive VIBE.

Sterling said:
People ignore me too :p

That's why I started ignoring them after a while!

K...something about ya cuaght my attention.lol

Who the hell is cupcake?
Who or what dose cupcake pretain to?

Well, it refers to a line said in this video that I posted in another thread. "Got something to say cupcake? Wanna act tough?!" The wanna act tough part wouldn't fit in, so I could only use the cupcake part :( Sad.

[video=youtube]

I like the format of Lonesome Crow's posts. Makes them easier to read than a ghastly wall of text like this one.

I remember when I was taking a couple art classes last year, there was a blonde girl from town who would ride the bus to the college (a 20 minute drive). She always sat at the very back of the bus across the aisle from me. From the moment I saw her, I was struck by her amazing aura and looks (she reminded me of a young Nancy Wilson from Heart). The girl seemed really nice and she always held the back door open for people.

One morning I noticed she was listening to Painkiller by Judas Priest and Scavenger of Human Sorrow by Death quite loud on her iPod. I thought this was really awesome because I like those bands and I never see any girls where I live who are into Metal. I brought up the courage to say "hi" to her a couple times but unfortunately she never seemed to notice me, even by holding the door for her, or saying "thanks" if she held the door for me. She just always avoided eye contact with me.

After a few months, I realised I had a terrible crush on her, and I found myself thinking about her more often. As in all situations like this, I eventually began to see her as being flawless and perfect, and see myself as inferior and not good enough for her. I debated it over and over in my mind whether or not I should try talking to her again. I knew she would talk to other people on the bus. I would see her talking to guys she knew from town and she would be nice to this really obnoxious bloke who always made absurd comments on my Iron Maiden shirt.

The "crush" became torment, and with that came depression which began to affect my productivity with the projects for my classes. I wanted the semester to end soon so I wouldn't have to see her anymore, but at the same time I felt the opposite.

On the last day of the semester, I decided to make one last attempt to talk to her. That morning, I tried saying "hi" to her casually with a brief wave as I went to my seat. She was listening to to United by Judas Priest and looked straight ahead. Later that day on the bus home, I took my usual seat. As we waited to depart I tried introducing myself to the girl with a handshake in a friendly way and asking her name. She completely ignored me. Her iPod wasn't on and she was eating a snack. I asked her, "soo...what are you listening to?" Then she sighed and simply looked away out the window. It was then I knew for sure that she didn't want to know me and I rode the bus home feeling a flush of guilt and heavy embarrassment sinking in.

I'm always ignored by a girl I really like, so I'm used to it. But in my eyes, that girl had something unique about her that is hard to find. And this made it a really disappointing failure for me.

Being ignored hurts..

Wow - That story was something, DD. I was waiting for the 'grand finale', and it never came. How sad.
Well, that's real life for you.

So...As I pulled into the parking lot tonight.
There's 2 young babes in thier car banging thier heads to metal tunes :p

I turned my stero down...cuase I have a bad sound system in my truck too.lol
So I'm just sitting there minding my own bussiness.
I've been having a bad day. Not feeling too good.
One of the babes asked me how I was doing.
It's all good. Not a big deal. She was just being friendly.

The reason why I'm not feeling good is becuase
Ive been talking to Renae a lot. I love her and miss her so so much.
Our lives and relationship is complicated.
Im trying to be positive about it. Keep happy thoughts about our relationship
and future....

The other reason is becuase I've been hanging with Juliet a lot.
We just met and I've been seeing her. I didnt see her today
but she texted and called me all day. i didnt hear from Renae
today either...So I felt rejected by two women in oneday :(

I been calling one of my freind all day to talk to him.
He talked to me a little bit.

One of my other friends. He calls me all day and visit me
from time to time. He knows Im kinda going a rough time in
my life at the moment. I love Renae very much. Living without
her drives me batty sometimes.

So I'm feeling a little down. Sitting on my hands....
Becuase when I react when I feel this way..usually someone ganna get messed oneway
or the other. Or I'll totally menatlly and emotionally shut down. Then I solate myself.

Then my daughter calls me. She wants to see me tommorrow.
That chilled my out a lot. I love my daughter so so much.
It hasnt been easy for the both of us. Renae (her mother) and
the issues the surround US. It had been especailly hard on my duaghter.
But my daghter and I are very very close. Which is very amazing.
She was given up for adoption at birth. We finally reunited after all these years.
My daughrter and I are kind of the same. We're both staying positive through all of
this...

Im still going continue practice positive thinking.
Positive message pops in my head,,even though I was having a bad day.
But the book told me that sometimes I'll have bad moments...but I'm also
learning to work through bad times without giving up or self distruct
Over all, over time my life will get better if I keep at it and not give up.

I really don't ignore anyone.

I like to hear even what those who hate me have to say.

If you get to the point where you're selectively choosing what input reaches you, then you've lost your balance and you're creating your own self-focused propaganda. Listening to "hate mail" keeps you honest about yourself far better than any personal soul-searching you could do on your own.

*shrug*

To each their own.

Badjedidude said:
I really don't ignore anyone.

I like to hear even what those who hate me have to say.

If you get to the point where you're selectively choosing what input reaches you, then you've lost your balance and you're creating your own self-focused propaganda. Listening to "hate mail" keeps you honest about yourself far better than any personal soul-searching you could do on your own.

*shrug*

To each their own.

I concur!

Err...yeah.

Juliet texted me all night last night.
She woke me up in the middle of my sleep....There times in my life when
people should really leave my ass alone.lol

Shes such as naughty girl...
I would have love to have been presence.
I put out such a positve vibe women cream just thinking of me.LOL

Latest posts

Back