Why people ignore me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kesha,
You are important and you count. Never forget that.

Try not to take it personally when girls or guys don't pay attention to you. Pat yourself on the back for trying. That takes courage.

I think you are right when you say it may be about your self-confidence. You cannot change other people, but you have the power to change yourself by building your communication skills. Try reading Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" It's been a best seller for a long, long time because we all want to be liked and have influence.

First of all - it's a difficult situation, but not one that will be the bane of your existence, for sure :p
I also sometimes feel like that, like I am "invisible" or "not noticed" , but you know - it's probably not even true :)
Now there's two possibilities:
1: these "girls" you are refering to, are you sure you're talking about ALL girls, or just the ones that catch your eye? Because it's very well possible that you ARE noticed by girls, but perhaps those are the girls that themselves don't stand out as much, or they're the girls who are generally seen as "not as handsome as the radiant beauty over there".
2: You are noticed, but you just don't notice it :p Us humans have become secretive beings... we skulk in the shadows, and watch when we know it's safe to.. One particular thing that I'm not very proud of about myself, is that I used to be terribly secretive when it came to looking at girls. I only looked when I was nearly 100% sure they wouldn't notice. And if that meant using the reflection of train-window to look at, for example, that beautiful set of eyes on a certain girl, I'd just do it :p Nowadays I only do that when I suspect a girl is actually watching me :p I check the reflection - and tadaaa - when she thinks i'm not looking, she IS looking.
It's funny how those things can work. What's even more funny - one time in the past, when I used this window-reflection trick.. I found that this one girl was actually using the same window to stare at ME :p Funny how things can go sometimes.

Edit: ffs, I use way too much smileys.

i use to get the same reaction.... here are a couple of tips

think of a happy thought
stand up straight and walk with a little swagger lol....
and smile and when talking to girls try to smile and show your teeth...
look at yourself in the mirror for a little and practice for your perfect medium....
and you will be shocked at the response....

To be honest, I wouldn't know what to tell you, Kesha. Most people ignore me in general (even on this site lol, which is why I may leave this place soon), so your guess is as good as mine. If I were you though, I would say that there is no need in attacking them just for being pricks. Simply ignore them and find yourself some real friends. I`m not going to tell you to "think happy!" and all the rest of that BS that only works if you brainwash yourself hard enough into it. I mean, yeah, it can work for some and i`m told its pretty effective. That may work. But not for you though. You seem generally too pissed for that approach. I say, take a good look at yourself, realize what you have going for yourself, and find your way to work way around the things that you know you may lack. We all have our stronger virtues and wish to be excepted as we are. Maybe you do have a loner vibe to ya. Sometimes people mistaken that as being stuck up. I dunno what your like, but nothing happens without a reason and if that`s the reasons, than be sure that not all is lost. You simply need to find a kindred soul, someone that feels exactly as rejected as you feel, and than the rest will follow. You know what they say... if you built it, they will come! Oh. And believe me. I know exactly how you feel. I too get a little pissed off at bystanders when they start bombarding me with cleshays, and other intellectual insults.

In my experience, some do and some don't.
I've had very pretty women smile and greet (first). MOST seem to look straight ahead without even a glance, but you never know what's on the minds of others. I'm not always in a "notice and greet someone" mood when walking by. It's not to make some random person feel unimportant, that's for sure.

Now, what I've noticed is that people look at me more after running and skating. Short t-shirt (not that my bi/triceps are wonderful or anything), shorts, tall and strong posture. It's a funny thing. I can't tell if they're looking at me because I look fit, because I look like I just came from doing something cool, or because I am skinny to them. Anyway, it really doesn't matter. The best thing you can do for yourself is have a positive attitude about yourself and stuff around you. What's in your mind is soooooooooooo important. It's as if what you THINK is what IS. It almost doesn't matter if what you THINK really IS NOT. THINK that you're **** good looking and that other people see you that way anyway. If you want to THINK that people didn't look at you because they have problems/insecurities of their own, then do so! Do WHATEVER it takes to keep from tearing yourself down. There are more than enough people in the world who'd kindly do that for you... if you let them.

Latest posts

Back