Will only date foreign women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman1978

Reaction score
Are there any other guys here (preferably from the US) who will only date foreign women?

Not US, but I was like that before (Not that it really mattered the way things were), Japanese ladies in particular I considered mighty fine.
Then some unexpected things happened.
Not that I ever would've excluded someone based merely on their nationality, just preference wise

I do prefer foreign women. For some reason I feel disconnected from the locals in terms of TV shows, music, other preferences. These are of course not important for a woman who'd date a foreigner.

I've always liked Japanese women, and Japanese culture, and Japan for that matter.

The reason I brought it up is because it seems like most of the guys I know who are married to American women (or were married) are miserable. The ones who went through divorce got taken to the cleaners, lost their kids, the house, and a sizeable chunk of their income. The guy I know who have married foreign women are all doing great. A childhood friend of mine married a woman from Guyana and they couldn't be happier.

Another friend of mine just went through a divorce. His wife initiated the divorce, stating irreconcilable differences, and said that she needed to go and find herself. She's very spiteful, self-centered, has used their son as a weapon to get her way, and is so obsessed with Twilight that she went to the places where it was filmed to look for (what's his name) whom she says is the only guy who has never let her down.

That's just one example. I could fill a book of horror stories. When I think about what someone people in relationships go through it makes me thankful to still be single. Lonely as it may be at times, I would rather be alone than to be miserable.

I know plenty of American couples that are doing just fine and happy with each other, on the other hand.

Iceman1978 said:
Are there any other guys here (preferably from the US) who will only date foreign women?

I wish I could

Iceman1978 said:
I've always liked Japanese women, and Japanese culture, and Japan for that matter.

The reason I brought it up is because it seems like most of the guys I know who are married to American women (or were married) are miserable. The ones who went through divorce got taken to the cleaners, lost their kids, the house, and a sizeable chunk of their income. The guy I know who have married foreign women are all doing great. A childhood friend of mine married a woman from Guyana and they couldn't be happier.

Another friend of mine just went through a divorce. His wife initiated the divorce, stating irreconcilable differences, and said that she needed to go and find herself. She's very spiteful, self-centered, has used their son as a weapon to get her way, and is so obsessed with Twilight that she went to the places where it was filmed to look for (what's his name) whom she says is the only guy who has never let her down.

That's just one example. I could fill a book of horror stories. When I think about what someone people in relationships go through it makes me thankful to still be single. Lonely as it may be at times, I would rather be alone than to be miserable.

this is the result of society and culture. United States, because of its freedom and rights, lack discipline. Not saying that it doesn't exist, but it is very hard to practice it, especially raising future generations. Physical punishment is branded as abuse. the school system is not allowed to punish students for not studying. you practically receive no consequences for lack of discipline, honor, respect, until you become an adult. Then it comes back to bite you, however, it is also still very easy to blend in with society because people that are similar flock together. and since there are so many of them, you dont really see the 'problem'. except in bad business practices, poor services, and honest people suing dishonest service. and dishonest people suing dishonest service. a lot of the society in US is how much you can cheat your way to success.

outside of the US (not sure about Europe), discipline is still enforced. so you end up with people that.. cheat less and not try to get something for nothing.

I am a woman who has dated foreign men. This is largely because of my interest in languages.

I wont ONLY go out with foreign Girls. But I find that I have more luck with them over locals. I can't really connect with locals for a number of reasons. But Girls from abroad find my accent appealing enough to like me. Or the fact that I treat them really well. i find it very hard to please British Girls as opposed to those from abroad. Young British Girls standards are just too high for me to accommodate.

LonelyLola said:
I will only date men who can stand on one hand while reciting the entire text of The Odyssey in the original Ancient Greek.

Can those with non-superhuman body strength take breaks or must it be done in one go?

Sigma said:
LonelyLola said:
I will only date men who can stand on one hand while reciting the entire text of The Odyssey in the original Ancient Greek.

Can those with non-superhuman body strength take breaks or must it be done in one go?
Of course there could be breaks. How picky do you think I am?

Regumika said:
this is the result of society and culture. United States, because of its freedom and rights, lack discipline. Not saying that it doesn't exist, but it is very hard to practice it, especially raising future generations. Physical punishment is branded as abuse. the school system is not allowed to punish students for not studying. you practically receive no consequences for lack of discipline, honor, respect, until you become an adult. Then it comes back to bite you, however, it is also still very easy to blend in with society because people that are similar flock together. and since there are so many of them, you dont really see the 'problem'. except in bad business practices, poor services, and honest people suing dishonest service. and dishonest people suing dishonest service. a lot of the society in US is how much you can cheat your way to success.

outside of the US (not sure about Europe), discipline is still enforced. so you end up with people that.. cheat less and not try to get something for nothing.

Excellent point.

It's one of the things I admire most about Japanese culture. Ones honor and integrity means everything.

Even in the aftermath of the tsunami you had communities that came together. You didn't have people rioting and looting in the streets. There's a stoicism about the Japanese that I can identify with in many ways.

I took an on-line personality test called "what's your inner nationality" and it said I was Japanese.

I took an on-line death test once, it said I would die at age 37 from alien abduction.

Limlim said:
I took an on-line death test once, it said I would die at age 37 from alien abduction.

****, dude. That's hardcore.

Usually aliens just fresia you in the ass and then leave you in an empty field or something.

Limlim said:

photoapr04210042.jpg

Latest posts

Back