Yeah

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The X

Reaction score
The furthest point from the bright center of the u
So I guess I'm new. I talked myself out of posting, but then I saw the new member thread and felt compelled to make the introductory post so you guys don't feel snubbed. I found this place, like a lot of people seem to have, by telling Google about how lonely I was. Every time I told Google this it would send me here. I'd read a few things, remember that I'm not alone in being alone, and usually go about my business. Today, however, as I was going to the video store to rent a few movies in an attempt to fill up as much of my empty Saturday as possible I saw a dead goose in the road. Freshly slaughtered by some negligent college kid who was no doubt more concerned with the latest mindless drone met at whatever bar they were at the night before and whether or not they were getting laid again. On the divider in the road, visibly distraught, was another goose. Presumably its mate. This nearly broke me. The sight of the dead goose alone was enough to elicit thoughts of righteous vengeance against the worthless fleshbag who had ended its life. Its grieving mate... I have no words. When humans prove me right time and again in whatever demonstration of ignorance and selfishness they choose that they are indeed worthless, I usually just shake my head and retreat to the relative safety of my cave. Today the universe reminded me that it too is cold and ruthless and I am filled with an overwhelming sense of hopelessness. I'm pretty sure I'm not emo, and I don't think I'm negative or pessimistic. I think of it more as realistic and logical. When people's behavior repeats itself, I draw a conclusion. This seems very reasonable to me. I don't think I'm really all that depressed as much as I'm fed up or possibly dejected. I've always been a bit of a lone wolf, or a misfit. Whatever you wanna call me, I really don't care. I don't really fit in anywhere, and I never have. Among dorks and geeks I'm too dangerous or hardcore or edgy or some other word that means I don't belong. In the metal scene, I'm too weird and eccentric and nerdy to be one of them. Among other outcasts I'm too alpha for them to handle for long. I'm far too independent to belong to any 'normal' group of people for long periods of time as I will NEVER conform to anyone's acceptable outlook on life and people don't like it when you don't agree with them. I dunno. Maybe I'm really the one who's screwed up. Maybe I'm just crazy. I kinda doubt it. Feel free to offer your opinion on it.

Hello.

The good thing is that while geese mate for life, if one dies, the other sometimes will find a new partner. Of course, this isn't always the case, but let's be optimistic!

The X said:
So I guess I'm new. I talked myself out of posting, but then I saw the new member thread and felt compelled to make the introductory post so you guys don't feel snubbed. I found this place, like a lot of people seem to have, by telling Google about how lonely I was. Every time I told Google this it would send me here. I'd read a few things, remember that I'm not alone in being alone, and usually go about my business. Today, however, as I was going to the video store to rent a few movies in an attempt to fill up as much of my empty Saturday as possible I saw a dead goose in the road. Freshly slaughtered by some negligent college kid who was no doubt more concerned with the latest mindless drone met at whatever bar they were at the night before and whether or not they were getting laid again. On the divider in the road, visibly distraught, was another goose. Presumably its mate. This nearly broke me. The sight of the dead goose alone was enough to elicit thoughts of righteous vengeance against the worthless fleshbag who had ended its life. Its grieving mate... I have no words. When humans prove me right time and again in whatever demonstration of ignorance and selfishness they choose that they are indeed worthless, I usually just shake my head and retreat to the relative safety of my cave. Today the universe reminded me that it too is cold and ruthless and I am filled with an overwhelming sense of hopelessness. I'm pretty sure I'm not emo, and I don't think I'm negative or pessimistic. I think of it more as realistic and logical. When people's behavior repeats itself, I draw a conclusion. This seems very reasonable to me. I don't think I'm really all that depressed as much as I'm fed up or possibly dejected. I've always been a bit of a lone wolf, or a misfit. Whatever you wanna call me, I really don't care. I don't really fit in anywhere, and I never have. Among dorks and geeks I'm too dangerous or hardcore or edgy or some other word that means I don't belong. In the metal scene, I'm too weird and eccentric and nerdy to be one of them. Among other outcasts I'm too alpha for them to handle for long. I'm far too independent to belong to any 'normal' group of people for long periods of time as I will NEVER conform to anyone's acceptable outlook on life and people don't like it when you don't agree with them. I dunno. Maybe I'm really the one who's screwed up. Maybe I'm just crazy. I kinda doubt it. Feel free to offer your opinion on it.

haven't seen this one when you posted it, but you've described my own feelings pretty accurately, in both parts.
what you say about never managing to fit in any group. to be honest, i don't try too hard anymore. pointless really.

i'm sorry about the animals you saw. breaks my heart as well :(

X you are an outcast and a lone wolf and a misfit.
There is another name for people like that. An individual.
I think that the best thing you can do is simple re-framing. You are unique and individualistic and special. Anything more than this? Yeah you have the experiences and memories that no one else has.
You have strong values (ie goose thing) Good value? Right values? Right for you and that is the main thing.
The thing that we are bound to others by is rarely the superficial or even initial attractions.
It is the little things and the flaws even that set us apart.
Think of any book and you will see that part of what makes a strong character is not the sameness or chiseled looks or anything. It is Gimli's grumpiness, Boromir's flaws, Gollum's multiple Personality, Araogon's trouble mind, Frodo's constant battle and Sam's devotion and compassion.
This is what made them memorable and different and this is what you must learn to embrace and love about yourself.

Hi, I'm relatively new here. You aren't the one that's not normal. believe me. Everything you wrote about yourself basically describes me :)

The X said:

wow, i have never seen something that is so close to myself. i m not nerdy enough for the nerds, but im too nerdy for the metal scene. that is exactly how i feel. i love metal, but i like other rock that isnt metal. and i like other random moody stuff that most wouldnt like. the older i get the more out of place i feel. i too feel kind of hopeless and its made me not want to participate in society as much as i can get away with. your not alone dude. welcome to the site.

Well thanks for the welcomes and whatnot. I don't check in here very often and was pretty surprised to see new responses in this old thread. For those who say they relate to what I wrote... life's a ***** ain't it? LoL As for loving my uniqueness as the now apparently banned hobbit said, I do.. but that doesn't get me companionship. :/

The X said:
Well thanks for the welcomes and whatnot. I don't check in here very often and was pretty surprised to see new responses in this old thread. For those who say they relate to what I wrote... life's a ***** ain't it? LoL As for loving my uniqueness as the now apparently banned hobbit said, I do.. but that doesn't get me companionship. :/

i know what you mean there too. i like the fact that i am different but it sure does make it hard to find someone.

Latest posts

Back