Yet another newbie!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art

Reaction score
I am not sure what to say. I read a few posts and almost all of what I feel has been articulated before. Still, I will forge ahead to state my not-so-unique-as-I-would-like-to-be story. I am going to keep it brief as I feel guilty of taking up others' time.
I've always been asocial all my life but a few specific instances have made me even more reticent and reclusive. It was all fine until the last year. I never felt 'lonely' and basked in solitude. I entered a new decade in my life this year and have been questioning everything since. And it pains me that I haven't made a single true friend. I have never fancied having too many friends but today it hurts to admit, I wish I had just a single good companion who would make life a slight bit bearable. What's more tragic is I know people as lonely if not more than I and can see they wish to bond with me but I feel no interest whatsoever in forging that connection. I keep them at arms distance and play social when the need be but sans a profound bond.
Well, that's the deal at my end...
Nice to know there are others like me.. directionless drifters wading through life sans friends..

Thank you all for taking time out to welcome me. :) thanks indeed. Nice to know someone patiently read all my ramblings :)

Art, you say that
I never felt 'lonely' and basked in solitude. I entered a new decade in my life this year and have been questioning everything since

Is it just the change in your age, or has there been anything else which has made you question your life lately? (that's if you want to say, of course).

Not really.. I left that part out.
Back in Nov, a friend i consider really close betrayed my trust & left me bleeding. I had a tough time moving on and was nauseated with the whole friendship business. It's around that time I typed something to the effect "friendship is overrated" in Google which led me to this site. I joined a month later but I had already started questioning the relevance of friends, friendship, etc by then. And when I turned 30 last month, it was the last nail on the coffin.
As I see it now, age was incidental but instrumental in the scheme of things.

Art writes Back in Nov, a friend i consider really close betrayed my trust & left me bleeding. I had a tough time moving on and was nauseated with the whole friendship business

I am sorry your friend did that to you. :( I would say thought, that just because one person committed a crime against friendship doesn't mean friendship itself is a bad thing, nor that all friends would do that to you...

Latest posts

Back