South Texas????

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I"m in Houston Texas, more like South East Texas :)

the lurk said:
South Texas here as well. Victoria to be exact.

I've been there a fair bit, I used to live in a little town called Edna which is about 45 minutes away.

I know where Edna is. I pass through there while going down the highway. Saw another Edna person on a board like this one. Kinda surprising but then again, so many people are online.

My family is all mostly from around Alice, but my mom prefers living in Victoria because she doesn't know many people here - That way she doesn't have to talk to anyone she knows in public. LOL no wonder I'm on "a lonely life."

I have a lot of family in the Alice, Orange Grove, Ben Bolt area =) I live way down south in Harlingen though....

the lurk said:
I know where Edna is. I pass through there while going down the highway. Saw another Edna person on a board like this one. Kinda surprising but then again, so many people are online.

My family is all mostly from around Alice, but my mom prefers living in Victoria because she doesn't know many people here - That way she doesn't have to talk to anyone she knows in public. LOL no wonder I'm on "a lonely life."

I'm a bit like your mom, I don't like seeing people I know (like old classmates) when I'm in the area, I never know what to say to them. It always surprises me to see people from South Texas online at forums I like too. My family still lives in Edna, so I visit now and then. Can't say I blame you for being on "A Lonely Life" there's not always alot to do in places like Victoria. I considered living there when I moved back to Texas but decided on Austin instead.

blueindia2681 said:
I have a lot of family in the Alice, Orange Grove, Ben Bolt area =) I live way down south in Harlingen though....

Hmm, interesting. Well I'm sure somebody from my family knows someone from your family ;-)

JamaisVu said:
the lurk said:

I'm a bit like your mom, I don't like seeing people I know (like old classmates) when I'm in the area, I never know what to say to them. It always surprises me to see people from South Texas online at forums I like too. My family still lives in Edna, so I visit now and then. Can't say I blame you for being on "A Lonely Life" there's not always alot to do in places like Victoria. I considered living there when I moved back to Texas but decided on Austin instead.

lol Austin is one of the main places people go to if they leave the area. I know so many people who did that. Oh well, such is the trend of urbanization. Austin has some nice things, particularly the large selection of ethnic cuisine :-D

Right about limited choices for diversion. I guess my favorite place in town is Riverside Park. It's always fun to go get lost behind the trees and what not.

I think the South Texas Association catfish catfish tournaments are running on our lakes here on earth. I want to do it right and legal. Now, my past experience has been to initiate a national club and a regional club. I have been through the process of writing the laws and incorporate as a nonprofit organization.

This exibit is an example of the cut and paste spammer. Litter the forum with posts then come back in a few days to insert a sales link into the signature.

expt said:
I think the South Texas Association catfish catfish tournaments are running on our lakes here on earth. I want to do it right and legal. Now, my past experience has been to initiate a national club and a regional club. I have been through the process of writing the laws and incorporate as a nonprofit organization.

original
by Partime 01/10/09

I want to start the South Texas Catfish Association to run catfish tournaments on our lakes down here (Cally, Braunig, Choke, Canyon). I want to do it the right and legal way. Now my past experience has been starting a national club and a regional club (different hobby). I’ve been through the process of writing by-laws and incorporating as a non-profit organization (to protect the board and members from liability). I would like to keep the tournaments low cost so a working man can enjoy it without pissing the wifey off too much.

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=10655&pid=185316#pid185316

Latest posts

Back