just venting

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

trishywishy

my old best friend keeps trying to call me and get me to answer the door, and i just can't. i really wish i could, cause i'm lonely as hell. but i just can't allow her baggage into my life. i've been feeling especially alone lately and it's awful to have a 'friend' literally right there at your door step, and you can't act on it. i've only been on ALL a couple days, but i really hope i make a friend soon. someone i have a few things in common with, who i can genuinely get to know. seriously, if there's anyone out there who thinks they'd like to email or chat with me, don't hesitate to contact me

Don't feel bad about protecting yourself from others' crap. Seriously. We all have limits as to how far we're willing to go, even for friends. *HUG* So don't worry about it, and I hope you find someone to talk to soon. :) Feel free to PM me about anything if you need something or just wanna chat, and you should definitely try coming into the forum's chat room to meet some people there! :)

Badjedidude said:
Don't feel bad about protecting yourself from others' crap. Seriously. We all have limits as to how far we're willing to go, even for friends. *HUG* So don't worry about it, and I hope you find someone to talk to soon. :) Feel free to PM me about anything if you need something or just wanna chat, and you should definitely try coming into the forum's chat room to meet some people there! :)

thanks a lot. i didn't even realize ALL had a chat room. that's great. i'll have to try and find it. haven't seen it yet for some reason

I understand the whole baggage thing. Lately, I've been feeling a little pulled and pushed and stretched out by so many things and so many people. And sometimes I just don't feel like being bothered, but I have a problem saying no or ignoring someone who needs help in any way. So I help. And it might take a toll on me later, but it's okay.

I would just think it would be nice to have someone to lean on, even talking out problems can be a stress reliever even if it doesn't solve them right away.

I have eliminated quite a few friendships for similar reasons. It can be very hard! This one girl, well, she tried to kill herself when I ended communication with her. That was pretty crazy, and it took everything I had not to go see her. I'm still glad I didn't go. I would have been sucked right back into her drama.

Just keep talking to us. There's a lot of good support on this site!

Latest posts

Back