Back on this website because I'd like a favor (I admit I'm very selfish)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NJLonelyIsBack

I am going to admit right off the bat the reason I rejoined ALL is because I would like some people to give an honest opinion about me. I don't know if I'm going to be very active in the forums and I might leave after I get my answers. I'm just stating this at the beginning of my thread to get it out of the way.

So I tried another online dating website, okcupid, and no one is contacting me on there (yes, I'm messaging everyone). I think I have a pretty good profile, so I'm thinking that maybe I'm "physically unattractive." Personally, I think I look good, but I'm an arrogant guy so it's not like my opinion is unbiased.

Since I'm a straight guy looking for a girlfriend, would any of the gals on here be okay with rating my pictures and giving me their honest opinions? Please, be as brutally honest as possible. I'd rather someone criticize me to the point where I cry instead of someone lying me to me and I remain naive.

I'm not going to post my pictures on a forum, but if you're interested in judging me, send me an email/PM -- then I'll email you the pics back. You don't have to show me pictures of yourself (unless you want to do it for whatever reason); but what I do want is some confirmation that you don't take my pics and post them all over the internet, or on this forum.

Ok, I'll PM you my email. Obviously, you already know what I look like so one good turn deserves another -
How long have you been on okcupid. I'm not familiar with that website, although I'm on eharmony and match.com. I'm looking for a relationship too and have been doing the online dating thing for about 6 months. Have met a few nice guys but not The One yet. I'm taking my time and being patient, though; I don't care if it takes me awhile to find someone, I'm confident I'll find someone eventually. If you're not getting any responses to your profile, you may need to spruce it up a bit. From a lady's perspective, it might not be your looks that's the problem.

Teresa

Why would you want someone to judge you based upon your physical appearance? If you don't realize what I'm saying, then perhaps your looks isn't what's wrong with you.

VanillaCreme said:
Why would you want someone to judge you based upon your physical appearance? If you don't realize what I'm saying, then perhaps your looks isn't what's wrong with you.

Because looks do matter, so I'm trying to rule out all the possible causes as to why no one seems to be interested in me.

They only matter to shallow people. If you want to surround yourself with shallow people, go right ahead. If I were you, I'd look into the attitude you seem to have about life. If you can't find a deeper connection with someone than, "You're pretty," of course it will seem like no one likes you or wants to be around you.

VanillaCreme said:
They only matter to shallow people. If you want to surround yourself with shallow people, go right ahead. If I were you, I'd look into the attitude you seem to have about life. If you can't find a deeper connection with someone than, "You're pretty," of course it will seem like no one likes you or wants to be around you.

Two people from this forum have messaged me with comments, and both of them know I'm not being "shallow." But if you do, well I'm going to say that's just too bad.

^^^Sounds like someone just wants some compliments.

Here ya go, mate:

You're very handsome and rugged.

Feel better?

Badjedidude said:
^^^Sounds like someone just wants some compliments.

Here ya go, mate:

You're very handsome and rugged.

Feel better?

I'll feel better if you give me $100

Wow this is getting ridiculous. I look attractive and my profile is fine. Yet I've messages over 30 women and have gotten 0 replies.

You know what, fresia this. I think I'll have better luck asking out random gals in public.

If I may add something speaking as a woman who used these sites in the past - it might not be your profile picture, but the content of your messages and/or the content of your profile.

The last time I was on one of those sites, before I'd even finished fleshing out my profile and uploaded a picture, I'd gotten random spread-shot messages from guys who just saw an age range and the fact that I was a female.

To increase your chances of a response, think about what you're putting in your message. For every message I got where the guy put some thought into showing some connection or things in common, or even something interesting, funny and unusual, I must have gotten 15-20 that ran along the liens of "UR a hottie," "I liek inteligence women" or "So, you wanna hit it?"

I wish I were joking.

And actually, about your last point, you might be right. There is a lot to say about real face-to-face contact.

Whichever you choose, good luck. The dating cesspool can get kind of stinky. :)

cheaptrickfan said:
If I may add something speaking as a woman who used these sites in the past - it might not be your profile picture, but the content of your messages and/or the content of your profile.

The last time I was on one of those sites, before I'd even finished fleshing out my profile and uploaded a picture, I'd gotten random spread-shot messages from guys who just saw an age range and the fact that I was a female.

To increase your chances of a response, think about what you're putting in your message. For every message I got where the guy put some thought into showing some connection or things in common, or even something interesting, funny and unusual, I must have gotten 15-20 that ran along the liens of "UR a hottie," "I liek inteligence women" or "So, you wanna hit it?"

I wish I were joking.

And actually, about your last point, you might be right. There is a lot to say about real face-to-face contact.

Whichever you choose, good luck. The dating cesspool can get kind of stinky. :)

I get what you're saying cheaptrickfan, but i didn't write any messages like that. I wrote creative messages where I indicated that I actually read their profiles.

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong...but whatever.

Do you mind evaluating my pics/profile/messages and tell me wtf I should do to fix it?

NJLonelyIsBack said:
I get what you're saying cheaptrickfan, but i didn't write any messages like that. I wrote creative messages where I indicated that I actually read their profiles.

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong...but whatever.

Do you mind evaluating my pics/profile/messages and tell me wtf I should do to fix it?

Sure. PM me with the relevant info. :)

Another thing is that because women tend to get a lot of messages through these sites, it's on you to make what you do send really memorable in a good way. So in effect, it's really a microcosm of the world offline.

I know that it may not seem fair that the burden of the pursuit still lies on men, but there you go. A lot of women do still enjoy being pursued at least some of the time.

Latest posts

Back