Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average
All the single people..all the single people.
Welcome to the thread both of you!! Thanks for joining in!

Consider counseling; join a support group. You're not alone.

Addressing Negative Thoughts Most Effective in Fighting Loneliness
"Effective interventions are not so much about providing others with whom people can interact, providing social support, or teaching social skills as they are about changing how people who feel lonely perceive, think about, and act toward other people."
(02-04-2011, 10:49 PM)ohsoalone Wrote: Screw it, I'm 2/3 the way through a bottle of canadian club (it's friday! Smile) , I'm a pothead (trying to change that), smoker (could quit that too), vego, 26 yr old dude in melbourne aus, any takers? At this stage I'd be happy with a girl willing to spend any time with me, holding hands would be enough, anything beyond that I don't have much experience anyway. So?.....

OhSoAlone, your response gave me a laugh. I'm reminded of the movie "Airplane", here in the United States. A comedy in which Lloyd Bridges character as an airline coordinator has to solve the problems a plane in the air is experiencing. Everytime he had to solve a problem he would say, "I picked the wrong week to give up smoking". Next, he'd say, "I picked the wrong week to give up drinking. "I picked the wrong week to give up drugs, etc.

It occurs to me it would be nice to have a good writer make some sense of my life and the downhill momentum it is taking. It's hard to see the humor anymore, so I value when I can laugh.

"If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough" Einstein
uhm -_- ahem! I.... Nvm...
Time is a great teacher but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. Is it my time finally? Who knows.. Anyways, Bye!
(02-09-2011, 08:12 PM)Sanal Wrote: uhm -_- ahem! I.... Nvm...

Aw, come on! You were almost there! Give it a try!

"Effective interventions are not so much about providing others with whom people can interact, providing social support, or teaching social skills as they are about changing how people who feel lonely perceive, think about, and act toward other people."
I'm back. 25, M, single, Nigeria. I love music a lot; it lifts me when I'm down and feeling lonely. I love people with great sense of clean and appropriate humour. Wished I had such quality, but that is not to say that you should scamper away if you feel you do not have a sense of humour; I know you do, you probably do not feel free enough to express it.

I'm open to whatever I can get. So, let's get started.
Nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur.
By the way all, I found a dating site for people with Mental Health issues called nolongerlonely.com - Only one person on there in my area, alas, but it has multiple nationalities, so you might want to give it a go if you haven't already.
(02-09-2011, 11:03 PM)Mary Mary Wrote:

Nuuu.... I am scared to date one more person from here. One ended up like this -_- No more...

...and besides none would be interested in a LDR with a loser especially if other person will have to wait. Not all LDRs are healthy n successful. I am just not meant for this. Posted only cos Jales was having high hopes on everyone. Smile
I hope for more success stories from everyone. Smile
Time is a great teacher but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. Is it my time finally? Who knows.. Anyways, Bye!
(02-10-2011, 12:41 PM)Sanal Wrote:
(02-09-2011, 11:03 PM)Mary Mary Wrote:

Nuuu.... I am scared to date one more person from here. One ended up like this -_- No more...

...and besides none would be interested in a LDR with a loser especially if other person will have to wait. Not all LDRs are healthy n successful. I am just not meant for this. Posted only cos Jales was having high hopes on everyone. Smile
I hope for more success stories from everyone. Smile

I can understand that.

Thanks for your posts, everyone.

Ill probably be single again after what happened last. Shes probably going to be very upset with me...but it wasnt my fualt N I cant bail her out of trouble all the time..
just gotta wait N see..cuz its been on again N off again . .

Theres alot going on in my life and a relationship with a woman like her puts a strain on everything. I need to reshift my priorities. And sholve certain things aside for the mean time.
Zak...I hope ur feeling much better these days.
LDR with people from this forum that didnt worked out worth a fuck.
Did u know that Chelle ( my EX-WF)
is a member of ALL. hahahaaaaa
The woman literally poures salt into my bleeding heart. Twice in a life time.
You dont know what love is until you falling in love with the same woman twice and have her ripped out ur heart twice.
U know whats funni...I still love her.
All the knowlege logic.experinces.lessons gose out the window. I would drop whatever woman in my life in a heart beat if she comes back into my life again.. I have a crazy way of taking risk N chances.lol
Francis siad Chelle was the best pussy Ive ever had..thats Y Im still head over heels for Chelle...So Francis been trying to change my fuckin mind. I belive she still needs to do some more convencing :p
K...so Tracy (francis) is the 7th on the GFTOW....when I get to number 10...Chelle best just get her shit together.lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People from England! (What county are you from?) CAS 241 75,171 03-21-2019, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Mixsta
  Any One in Southern Cali? (I'm a 25yo Single Female) Mella 3 1,239 08-19-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Sun35
  Looking for Other Lonely People AimeeLou84 23 46,521 01-14-2018, 05:06 AM
Last Post: TheLoadedDog
  Any sites like this but for younger people? HybridWarrior93 37 8,717 08-04-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Nicolelt
  Single Mum in Humberside needs social life! BadInside 4 1,087 07-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Last Post: GizmonicScrewdriver
  40s 50s Single males where are you? lonelycrying1 13 3,110 03-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Jackruss4
  how does a single 35 year old woman meet someone? advice? mauthecat 40 13,025 11-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: mauthecat
  Never been..... Not Single! LoneStar1989 32 8,089 10-13-2016, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Sun35
  Need people to talk to wadokai 6 3,873 08-16-2016, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Yukongirl
  Looking for people to Skype with Alana 15 7,751 07-23-2016, 08:06 PM
Last Post: kuro