Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one is the worst? Rejection, Failure, or Humiliation?
I would say failure.. you can overcome rejection and humiliation... failure.. not so much
MAJOR STUTTER

STAY AWAY PEEPS!

I think humiliation.
Je ne suis ni dieu ni démon,
Et tu m'as nommé par mon nom
Quand tu m'as appelé ton frère ;
Où tu vas, j'y serai toujours,
Jusques au dernier de tes jours,
Où j'irai m'asseoir sur ta pierre.
(01-22-2012, 11:11 AM)Peter Lorre Wrote: I think humiliation.
I agree.

I agree. I think all kind of feed into each other...but I hate rejection. It stirs up so many emotions.
Non-existance is the worst. You know why, females.....

But really, not being accepted by people, nobody knowing you, what you are going through, able to step in your mind for a day and see how horrible things are. If I got injured, learned something new, go through a wave of not wanting to be alive anymore, I don't have anyone to turn to in my most darkest and desperate hours like that. Maybe turn the light off, sleeping in pitch black with a dissapointed smirk on your face. The worst thing is not having the choice or the ability to do anything about it. So you are just stick with it, this isolated existance where you are going to have to conform to it or you will go over the edge. Nobody wants to stop and think for a second: hey, maybe that person I ignored, maybe they were suicidal, maybe they had no one else to turn to, maybe they needed someone to reach out to them, but they never got it. I always pull out my favorite excerpt.

***An Award-winning youtube video, by my favorite speaker***

I've been humiliated for most my life, I probably fear Humiliation the most. The feeling of being singled out in a group or/and made to feel lower than your peers is just painful. It can also come as a form of rejection.

But I guess it depends on what dose either of those comes in.
Rejection, humiliation, then failure for me.
Hoffy <3 Pezza

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…What a stupid lamb. What a sick, masochistic lion.
It really surprises me how much things have changed in the almost two and a half years since this thread was started.

I'd have to say that of the three choices rejection would still be the worst for me....and even that would depend on the situation. Feeling like you're not good enough can really suck but I've found time and new opportunity to be a great healer.

I've picked myself up and dusted off after many failures (I suspect there'll be more- that's life) and humiliation isn't something I'm bothered by since I'm not put out by the opinions of others if they choose to judge me.
Failure or humiliation. I can walk away from being strung along or turned away (rejection), but I can't just walk away from not being able to do what's necessary or what matters and not having anything of value within myself.
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
I don't know. To me, rejection and failure both cause humiliation, which is described in the phrase "to add insult to injury". I suppose I'd have to say rejection is the worst, because failure isn't always personal - for example, failing to meet a personal best in a workout, failure to play a song right, failure to draw something accurately, and so on. You can recover from failure given enough practice and time.

But to me, rejection carries an extra sting that makes it both personal, and the worst of the three. No matter how nice I may be rejected, I always feel as though I am being told to go to hell, that I'm worth less than nothing. Or in the case of relationships, that I am a sissy and not a man. It offends me greatly. I hate rejection from the bottom of my heart. For me, it is undoubtedly the worst.
If you are interested in connecting on Skype or Facebook, send me a Private Message here and I'll get back to you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Worst Scare Ruthie 18 3,564 08-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Darrell_Licht
  What's The Worst Job Out There That You Can Think Of? LoneKiller 70 8,956 08-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Alienated
  What is the worst betrayal you have ever experienced? Naleena 20 6,163 02-08-2013, 04:57 AM
Last Post: WishingWell
  The worst pain you've ever had Rosebolt 41 5,093 02-08-2013, 04:52 AM
Last Post: WishingWell
Exclamation Literally the worst day of my life! Blue_Eyed_Symphony 6 2,005 06-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Last Post: LoneKiller
Exclamation I feel like a complete failure that1guy 11 3,280 03-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Last Post: A new life
  Whats the worst thing someone could tell you? Naleena 79 11,942 02-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Last Post: samia
  Worst memory from elementary/high school? Mr. Self Destruct 47 13,382 09-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jenierga13
  my b day tommarrow.worst year I have ever had.lost my family job ect.(got hurt)just n Shon Rodriguez 12 3,177 03-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Shon Rodriguez
  Whats the worst thing about your job? Naleena 14 2,694 08-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Last Post: loketron