I have got nobody to phone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles

Reaction score

This is a problem. I can be on my own for many days, only talk to people who sell me a pint of milk or a bottle of wine.

(I have got a little son and yes I talk to him constantly but he is one of the reasons why I am stuck at home not seeing people but still I love him so much and will not part from him but he makes me feel even worse because I can't give him a family or other adult people at the moment.... still ... this makes me not alone for you who might think "at least she has got a kid")

I can handle it. Well, I suffer but I got the internet, the tv.
But I used to love talking to close ones in the phone. A friend. I used to have friends, I used to be close to my family. I was always on the phone. My kids used to hate it. Me, chattering forever, for hours.

Now I am thinking, who should I phone? I have hidden away from most people over years now, have avoided them, not answering the phone. Know it is payback time. I can not phone anyone.

I am so trapped in my own head, I even talk to my self in here. I have even developed a thought game, where my mind answers my questions, not that I take much notice, but I am starting to feel schizo. Can loneliness trigger mental illness?

Is there a site on the internet where people give their phone number out? Phone eachother/ ? I want a voice to talk to, this typing is driving me bonkers.

Yes, it can. I lived a balance active life until i isolated myself.
I became Batman living in my Batcave.:p
Sunshine was a hell of a thing.

Yes hearing another human vioce is a step to reverse the process.

Call this number 1484 334 0738
Tell him Mikie sent ya.lol

I’m afraid that I can’t read that text due to the font and styling being used but going on the thread title yes, I’m in the same position, I have an outdated phone simply because I have no use for one since I have no-one else to call or receive calls from. In fact my mobile is nothing more than a portable alarm clock with the only numbers on there being my home number (which hasn’t had a call in over three years now) and my office number in case I can’t get to work. I’m sometimes envious of those people who claim they’re unable to live without their phones, mine is near useless.

it feels both bad and good to hear that others have the same problem, I have tons of phone numbers but the only calls I receive are from offices, or bad boys with only one thing in mind (no,it's not the last Mad Men episode), and no one that I can call without them sounding all surprised and hanging up soon with an excuse. I used to chat quite a lot on facebook with two or three people, but it feels bad never to hear a human voice. I feel loneliness can indeed trigger mental illness, but also that such illness bounces back as soon as one has some precious human contact again. Wish I could call you, but I m on the other side of the ocean than you guys, it's expensive :)

my mam is the only person to ring me.

I get about 1 text a week usually from my brother.

Doesn't bother me though !

Sorry Bubbles, I had to take the font setting off your post it was really hard to read on that style.

I know how you feel, not having someone to talk to on the phone. Sometimes forums just don't cut it. Most the people I know are all long distance, I don't have anyone local to talk to. I use prepaid cards for my cell, it's cheaper since it doesn't get used often. But restricts me from being able to pick up the phone and call people or let them call me.

Maybe you could join groups with your son, that will get out and meeting other people and possibly end up with someone to talk to on the phone.

I buy £5 top ups. Each text costs about 12p so I once went a year without buying another top up.

When I was with that woman I was spending £40 a month on texting.

There's always Skype & MSN. You can get video chat on those and it's free :D There are also lots of sites that do that sorta thing where you can link up on video chat with people~ (Again free) ^_^

My phone rings a few times every day - it's the same person - unfortunately, he's not the person I thought he was.

Unless you prefer to keep it confidential, why can't you call your family now? You also might want to consider trying Facebook if you haven't already. Some people include their phone number in their info on themselves. Get to know them maybe.

Work on getting your friends back. Or, make new ones? You did it once, you can do it again!

As for me, I don't have a phone. Been two years since I've had one, and even back then, I didn't have anyone to call or text, I did get wrong number text messages though, lol.

I don't have a phone at present. Still waiting on my son to send down the cell phone. I don't have cable either, only the internet. It can get pretty lonely with nobody to talk to. I just moved into the city and hoping to make new friends.

um... you can prank call your old friends and record it....
then you call again to tell them they got punkd.

or you can upload it online and be like the master phone punker.

just say'n...

Have you tryed to use skype or msn and find people there ?

Require that you have a mic. but try and install skype
Go to the "search" option in skype and look for people who are in the "skypeme" mode.

I live in denmark so i cant call you unless you pay the bill :D

gl hf

That's what you get when you avoid people and ignore their calls. It pisses me off when my phone calls get ignored, but life is all about learning and growing. When I used to call a lot of people, I'd leave messages. Now, sometimes i'll hang up before the voice mail even picks up. I have a relative that I used to LOVE talking to, but she never answers her phone, so I no longer call and I haven't been over her house in months. I feel very rejected, but it's nothing new.

blackdot said:
I can't text, I don't own a cell phone. :)

!! That's freaking awesome. I went awhile without a cell phone,and I did just fine. I have one now though, and I text and talk to some coworkers every now and then, but I'm going back to just keeping my phone in my car, where I mainly need it.

Perhaps your old friends will be more open than you think if you tried to get back in touch? If you explained that you were maybe not in a very good place but you would really like to catch up because you miss them, I'm sure some of them would be more than willing to reopen lines of communication.

Lots of people are open to skyping on this site, to various degrees (some are more talkative than others). It can be really nice to hear a friendly voice over skype if, like me, you sometimes go days without speaking to anyone.

Latest posts

Back