relationship withdrawals

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hazelnuttz

Hi
I am 41
I am having relationship withdrawals....panicy, sad, ...I feel this emptyness without a man.
i have been divorced a year and a half but have had several short term (two-three weeks) dating relationships to escape the sadness and lonliness i feel.
i have made a new committment to stay away from dating for six months...only a week now, and it is hard.
i only work two nights a week and have too much time alone.
i am planning on selling my home soon to drive to central america from canada with my dog...until then i don't know how to cope with this lonliness. and i worry i will be even lonlier on the road. I know i need to find a life again.
i talk with my girlfriend almost everyday, go out to music jam once a week...still lonely....all my friends have full lives with children like i used to have.

maybe being on here and looking forward to messages will help...

Hi Hazelnuttz and welcome to the forum.:)

There must be a few things that you can do in the short term, before you move to stop yourself from feeling so lonely. Take your dog for walks, read books, get a epal or pen pal, join a social group, do a short course, go to the gym, go swimming, do some volunteer work or maybe you can think of some other activities that interest you. I find that if I keep myself occupied, I don't feel so lonely and miserable.

Why do you want to take a six months break? To show yourself you can handle it? I did something similiar once, it just lead to me being miserable for six months. And you can have a full life without a child or spouse. But I have never had a life to begin with, so hopefully this site helps you. Welcome.

why driving to c.america?u moving for good?
u know, i think the relationship withdrawals may be results that came out of ur marriage. Only u know what it is. Unless u want to post few details why u devorced him I dont think any one can really paint a picture of ur situation...
I have relationships withdrawals but its probably for some different reason that I cant figure out...my feeling just faint away lol...evaporate 2 months into a relationship

Hi
thanks for the response..
I had a pretty good day...took dog for a walk...took pictures and edited them...worked on myspace page.
i need six months off because i use short term men so i am not lonely ....then either i or him get hurt cause i know from the start they are not right for me long term.
also going traveling to broaden my horizons..i married young and never ventured out alone.

Best of luck to you, Hazel... I did such a "getting away" adventure to Florida for a month after a nasty breakup from a long relationship; I just realized that I was far too emotionally vulnerable to survive without a better network. I sold shoes for few days, and then snuck away back home under cover of night.

I should've done more than leave my uncle a letter; he died a few months ago, and even though we talked afterwards and he said he understood, I still think that he missed me.

armor4sleepPA said:
I should've done more than leave my uncle a letter; he died a few months ago, and even though we talked afterwards and he said he understood, I still think that he missed me.
u talked to him? after he..

Yes... I dug him up and we had a chat over a couple of shots. lol... no, I talked with him after I left suddenly one night. Sorry... Didn't mean to make you think I was a medium.

Latest posts

Back