Frustrating Friendship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a pleasant day watching my mate and others paragliding. He really appreciated me coming along with him.

View attachment 8503

That looks awesome. In fact, I might like to try it someday.
I've always had a kind of love/fear feeling with flying - fear because it's a long way down, but love, because it looks so cool and romantic.

Have you ever wanted to try this yourself?

It's a very cool picture anyway.

That looks awesome. In fact, I might like to try it someday.
I've always had a kind of love/fear feeling with flying - fear because it's a long way down, but love, because it looks so cool and romantic.

Have you ever wanted to try this yourself?

It's a very cool picture anyway.
I've got no desire to do it Ska and it's an expensive sport, which I can't afford in any case. I used to be a fixed wing pilot and flight instructor and I've had my fill of flying around the skies to be honest. In different circumstances I might have made more of it, but that's life. I went with my mate to get out of the house, spend time with different people, maybe take some interesting photos. I recall during the day itself that I didn't at any stage feel any real excitement or joy, and the day was long and tedious for the most part, but it was sunny, lovely in the shade of a tree and kept me busy. I just went with it, knowing in advance what I might expect, so I didn't get upset or bored or lonely when I was off to the side while the others flew about. The chats were engaging throughout the day. It was certainly better than sitting at home doing little.

Last edited:
Going back to the cancelled camping - If you go anyway, what if it turns out he did you a favour by cancelling and you going alone? I mean, like, what if something special/unexpected happens?

You never know.

I go camping alone often. The trouble with my mate was, I don’t go camping one week if I’m going to go the following week or the week after. I can’t go away that often. It’s just messy how he mucked me around.

Latest posts

Back