Stuck

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tealeaf

Reaction score
Some of you may remember this thread.

I miss the first of those two friends terribly. I loved him like I loved lost kittens I took in as a child, something fragile and smaller than me that had nobody to care for it. He was a few years younger than me and pretty much a shut-in due to his anxiety.

We weren't close at first, but over several months we started talking more and I learned about his home life with a family that treated him as if he were nonexistent. When his dog was sick, his mother only gave in after days of nagging and gave him the cab fare to take it to the vet, where it died in the waiting room. I was the only one he talked to and the only one who cried for him. I worried about him eating actual food instead of Poptarts and what he was going to do about his anxiety.

I feel as though he never respected me and viewed me as just part of the scenery. He claimed it wasn't intentional, but at the same time the behavior always continued, and the message I sent a few days ago offering to try to reconcile has gone unanswered.

He's probably chatting up those girls he always compared me to with his friends. Why me when you have access to them or other guys?

I can't believe I've been so easily forgotten. I want to be angry, but it won't come. I want to move on, but it won't stop nagging at me.

Studying is the closest thing to peace I've had. I don't want to look at anything, think about anything other than class, or feel anything.

it is hard to lose friends. It is one of those things you must live with, but wish with everything you have that you didn't have to. I wish on my part that I had some kind of wisdom that would make you feel better, but all I have is, with time things will get better. Never forget the people who are in your life or who were a part of your life. Events and people that are around us, some for a short time make us change who we are and how we think. I hope the pain eases fast, and all that remains are the happy memories.

hope all is well!!

Latest posts

Back