hi, i hope i can find some like me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeta

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I joined becuase ive been having really bad nights. Many times I have been sitting up at night, on the verge of insanity. I thrash about on my bed in anger and frustration at the futility of me trying to communicate with others. I begin to think of everything that happened in the day, and something bad comes in, and the flailing begins. Not like a seizure lol, but just venting frustration. I rarely receive compliments. All my friends get hugs from others, yet no one i know has ever wanted to hug me. Ill post later why im like this. i just wnat to know that i can tell things to others here and maybe someone can relate to me.

Hi Xeta and welcome here :)

I can relate to where your coming from. I have done just that on my bed as well. Its like you have all this frustration in you that you just cert get out. Well I started to exercise alitol. It worked for me.

And ye on the odd acashen when someone hugs me it dose feel a bit weird as I never normally get hugged that much.

Ah, there You are. =) Whenever i activate a bunch of new accounts i await a wave of introduces. ;)

Hmm, that irritation You feel when You're in bed is something i think i've only felt when i couldn't sleep due to music playing somewhere, but i think i can relate too; that's one of the worst situations i know of.

Are You sitting still much and don't feel hungry so often? You're mighty welcome here, Xeta, and talking about personal stuff is nothing You need to be ashamed of here! =)

Hey there! I'm a new member too.

About the frustration thing...yeah, I can relate too. Deep down we are all social creatures, even if we aren't up front about it. We want to be liked and appreciated, and to have value to someone...and it hurts when that doesn't happen. Maybe you're frustrated because you aren't sure what you can do about it? Maybe it feels like you're a little trapped? I feel that way sometimes, and that does frustrate me.

to bluey: yes i was hugged once at it felt really awkward, yet so good. its was probably one of the best moments i remember.

to robin: yes i have to say it can be hard to not be agitated, and yes my eating patterns are all over the place. most of the time im not hungry though.

and to frisky: youre actually probably right. pretty much all the times it happens, its usually when i think about how all my efforts to try are in vain and i feel like im gonna be like this forever.

Hey Xeta welcome to the forum. i know what you mean by thrashing, sometimes I'll be thinking about something and I'll have almost ticks of angry or regrets, seeing people hug often make me feel sad too.

Xeta said:
to bluey: yes i was hugged once at it felt really awkward, yet so good. its was probably one of the best moments i remember.

I like hugs but ye normally they do feel a bit awkward.

If its any consolation normally a lad your age would feel a bit weird about hugs anyway. I totally did at that age. Then I got a GF and totally was fine with it. But now I been on my own for to long and its gone back to being weird but yet nice when it dose happen.

I live in hope that one day I well have so many hugs that it well be the norm.

never loss that hope :)

I am new to this forum but no stranger to night time anxiety. I work with people but I come home to emptiness. In fact, the closer I get to bedtime the more anxious I become I just lay there and wonder why my life is this way for starters and that is the beginning of the end of a good night of sleep.

I am an emergency room nurse so I interact with lots of different people, some patients and some co-workers. It all ends when I leave the hospital. I like to be active and travel but I do not enjoy it as much as I used to because I get tired of seeing other couples or families having fun while I am alone. Lately it seems easier just to spend my off hours sitting in my apartment. I know that sounds silly because I have basically added to my isolation. I am also certain that my long and often odd hours of work have made a huge impact on my lack of a personal life.:)

I am in Germany

and to frisky: youre actually probably right. pretty much all the times it happens, its usually when i think about how all my efforts to try are in vain and i feel like im gonna be like this forever.

Oh, I don't think it will be forever. Even though it feels like that sometimes. What more can you do to get people's attention? I've asked myself that question numerous times. I think for me, personally, it's not something I'm doing wrong, but how others see my reactions. It has a lot to do with my demeanor...how I look, act, and react to everything around me. A lot of communication between people is not words...it's actions and body language. It's very hard or impossible to perceive how we appear to others. The only reason I'm telling you this is because I'm wondering if you think you can relate at all.

Proper body language (or what is perceived as "proper") is learned over time by social interaction. Most of it's subconscious. That's the reason it's so hard to catch yourself making any social mistakes...you don't know you're doing it. And most people aren't going to come out and say anything.

Anyhow that's just my personal explanation. Maybe it will give you some new ideas, maybe it won't. I attribute my failures to pure social awkwardness. Sometimes I don't know what I'm doing, and people seem to know it.

Sarahlone said:
I am new to this forum but no stranger to night time anxiety. I work with people but I come home to emptiness. In fact, the closer I get to bedtime the more anxious I become I just lay there and wonder why my life is this way for starters and that is the beginning of the end of a good night of sleep.

I am an emergency room nurse so I interact with lots of different people, some patients and some co-workers. It all ends when I leave the hospital. I like to be active and travel but I do not enjoy it as much as I used to because I get tired of seeing other couples or families having fun while I am alone. Lately it seems easier just to spend my off hours sitting in my apartment. I know that sounds silly because I have basically added to my isolation. I am also certain that my long and often odd hours of work have made a huge impact on my lack of a personal life.:)

I am in Germany

HI there, Welcome also.

I think the hours you work could be contributing to it all yes. But wow! What a worth wile job you do. Your should be proud of that. You should get friends with some of the moor grateful patients you have helped. Am sure there would love to be friends with you. I hope to learn moor about you around the bord.

Latest posts

Back