Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shyness destroying/taking control over my life, help?
First take it from an ex alcoholic...and yes I say ex..but wont go into that right now..pm me if you want. STOP BOOZING IT UP Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. You are, and I was, depressed enough without it. Get out! Move! Exercise. Become a g**damn gladiator..You self esteem will soar..the shyness will disappear...
I will not suffer.......
"The only way to get through hell....is to keep moving."
(09-23-2016, 05:22 AM)Forsaken-Knight Wrote: First take it from an ex alcoholic...and yes I say ex..but wont go into that right now..pm me if you want. STOP BOOZING IT UP Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. You are, and I was, depressed enough without it. Get out! Move! Exercise. Become a g**damn gladiator..You self esteem will soar..the shyness will disappear...

You responded to a thread that is over three years old. The original poster of this thread has also not been here in over three years.
(09-23-2016, 05:57 AM)BeyondShy Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 05:22 AM)Forsaken-Knight Wrote: First take it from an ex alcoholic...and yes I say ex..but wont go into that right now..pm me if you want. STOP BOOZING IT UP Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. You are, and I was, depressed enough without it. Get out! Move! Exercise. Become a g**damn gladiator..You self esteem will soar..the shyness will disappear...

You responded to a thread that is over three years old. The original poster of this thread has also not been here in over three years.

ok thanks for the info!!
I will not suffer.......
"The only way to get through hell....is to keep moving."
I can relate, when I was 20 I couldn't talk to a girl without blushing. I didn't have a serious girlfriend a few years later. I became more confident and after we broke up I dated a couple of other girls before I met my wife. You are not the only one who feels this way. Most guys get nervous around girls they like. I would turn on my facebook messenger and ask someone out for coffee to talk. Perhaps go when there is a band playing. Play a board game that they have at the coffee shop. See her as a friend and see where it goes. That's my advice, just know that there have been and are many guys like you.

(05-08-2013, 12:58 AM)blendor Wrote: Hi everybody, I'm new here!

I'm 20/M.

Basically I've had this problem for quite a while but it's been getting worse and worse lately.

I got to a point where I would turn off the chat even on Facebook so people wouldn't text me.

I'm really shy among people I don't know, I open up when I'm around my close friends tho.. or when I'm under heavy alcohol influence.

This is another problem I've been abusing alcohol a lot during the last year to help come over my shyness but I don't think it helps. I mostly drink till I don't remember anything and this is bad cause I feel ashamed the next morning I wake up and always worry about what I did.

But what I really wanna talk about and what really bothers me is my connection with girls. I've never had a real girlfriend only few affairs when I was drunk.
I can't approach girls at all , I mean I can't even say hi to them not even Facebook , not even to girls I know from school or anything.
This gives me a really bad feelings , makes me feel like I'm a loser which I keep repeating to myself , telling myself I've got not chance and I will be alone forever.. It's a vicious cycle I guess.

I don't know how could I overcome this problem.. I'm also over analyzing every situation, most likely creating problems which are wasn't there before, making my situation worse and worse by doing this.

Probably there's more but I can't think of anything at the moment, will reply later if anything comes to my mind.

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My shyness and how I got over it. Adrian7878 2 672 08-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Adrian7878
  Correcting Low Self Esteem and Shyness AlertChristians 0 1,414 04-24-2019, 12:12 PM
Last Post: AlertChristians
  Could another person be happy with your life? howtobealone 57 21,190 03-30-2019, 03:30 AM
Last Post: humourless
  I am afraid of being responsible for my life worthless_loser 9 2,194 12-03-2018, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Serenity1
  Life as a bald guy ardour 96 46,856 05-11-2017, 03:51 AM
Last Post: pinocio
  Building confidence,higher self esteem and overcoming shyness? owmygod 19 7,909 02-26-2017, 07:27 AM
Last Post: owmygod
  My Life is ruined. Is it worth trying to find the pieces michael2 12 5,864 09-23-2016, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Forsaken-Knight
  Shyness Research sstrauss 7 3,138 08-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Last Post: sstrauss
  Irish twins and Shyness aveek 6 2,727 10-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Jade
  major life choice Major Derp 5 3,091 09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Peaches