Hanging out with new friends.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannySmith111

Reaction score
New school, and I just made a group of new friends :D. They asked me if I could come over their house on thursday.

I would love to go, but here's the problem. My mom works all day and comes home at 8. I get out of school at 2. I could go to his house and stay there until my mom could pick me up at 8, but would that be rude?

This issue plagues my life. I cannot hangout with anyone except on certain days and if I want to, I have to either go super early in the morning and stay there all day and/or stay really late.

I had this issue with my first group of friends too. Who wants to hangout with someone who has such a tight schedule and when can hangout has to stay for a certain period of time? It's so stupid. How can I work this out and explain to him this weird schedule of mines?

I feel like I'm just trapped inside my house lol. I would go outside every opportunity I got if I could. Instead, because I CAN'T, I stay inside and play video games all day :(. I don't want it to seem like everytime they ask me to hangout, I can't or have some weird times I gotta go home at or go. I really do wanna go outside and do crap instead of staying inside all day.

Why don't you ask what time they were thinking first? Tell them you wouldn't be able to get a ride home until 8pm and you don't want to be rude, but you'd love to hang out if they don't mind. Or, if your friend's place is near a coffee shop or library, you can always leave their house early to wait for your mom somewhere else.

I think as long as you're upfront about your schedule, it'll be fine. They won't think you're purposely saying no because you don't want to visit them. Or, you can invite them to do something closer to your school since you go to the same school and not run into that problem.

Latest posts

Back