Why don't I want to talk about it...(long)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some "stories" are so dark and painful that they can't be told around the water cooler or the coffee machine -
it sounds like you should find one or two friends with which you can share this, because you do deserve a medal for what you went through.
Perhaps if you find yourself alone with that friend in a wheelchair and he/she has some difficulties with something you can drop: "you know, I also experienced something similar to this?" or something?

Peaches said:
Some "stories" are so dark and painful that they can't be told around the water cooler or the coffee machine -

Thanks Peaches... I was struck mute after posting... and deleted it.

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say Never mind

I wrote a novel about my life. I wasn't able to talk about it to anyone, even to the therapist for the longest time. When I typed it all out, I felt a lot better, it didn't erase the past, but I somehow got it out. Then I was able to talk to the therapist more and more. Now I'm an open book. No shame.

LonelySutton said:
Peaches said:

Thanks Peaches... I was struck mute after posting... and deleted it.

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say Never mind

it was a compelling story :) although sad

and you have every right to tell it, it's all in your favor - the more you tell it, the less mute you will feel (I had the same for many years) (hugs)

Writing can be so cathartic. Having someone close enough to share it with is such a release to however. Like releasing a poison that is festering inside.

Latest posts

Back