I am so done

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Murakami might be onto something. Perhaps you’re meant to invest your time helping animals, or something else. We all have different degrees of ability to do things and that includes interacting with other people. The frustrating thing in life is not being aware of where we best fit.

I hear you. I have been alone for a long time. I tortured myself and everyone around me until I had nothing left. Eventually I learned to accept my situation and loneliness/despair turned into just being alone.

For the first time in what feels like 3 lifetimes ago my happiness is trending up, alone. Because I’ve learned how to be happy alone.

The thing that turned my life around is realizing that no one wants a partner (or a friend) who can’t handle being alone. We all need to support our own happiness. That doesn’t mean you can’t be happier with friends. Just means you need to maintain a minimum level of happiness on your own. When I understood how important it was to be independently happy, it seemed like alot of other problems vanished. (Although it took a long time to get from realization to positive change)

These days I’m much happier, and still alone. It still bothers me sometimes. But for the most part I don’t really care anymore. I’ve found a way to be happy and I don’t need anyone else to help with that.

No trying to tell anyone what to do. Just relating and sharing my own experience.

What kind of dogs do you have?

I feel the same way. I prefer animals over people lol. But I'm okay with being alone because I think my own company is better than forcing an interaction with someone and constantly trying to please them just to have them around. It's too much energy. But sometimes I do want friends.

If you want a friend, I would be happy to be your friend. I like to listen 😅

Latest posts

Back