Official Steam Group?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shadetree

I know we had a thread about peoples steam names and stuff, but has anybody ever thought about just making a steam group so people could join? Its really super simple to set one up and itd be an easy way for people to find others from here to game with that were interested in that sort of thing.

And you know if not they didnt have to join i mean its a pretty simple concept. Any thoughts on it? Because we have a LOT of gamers here.

I remember someone saying that they were going to set up a Steam group for ALL members, but I have no idea if it ever happened. It's not a bad idea, but I'm also not guaranteeing I'd join.

For the same reason why a Facebook group isn't really up in the air is the same reason why I would think a Steam group wouldn't be. Although, Steam is a little more selective, considering if you don't game, you probably don't use Steam. Not sure if I'd join it myself, but only because I don't really care to join many Steam groups. I already have friend requests from people that I've never seen their name before, and no messages from them. I don't particularly care for adding people I don't really know, especially when a message can't be sent beforehand. No reason to whore myself out more. Although, I certainly don't mind adding anyone when I know who it is before I add them.

VanillaCreme said:
For the same reason why a Facebook group isn't really up in the air is the same reason why I would think a Steam group wouldn't be. Although, Steam is a little more selective, considering if you don't game, you probably don't use Steam. Not sure if I'd join it myself, but only because I don't really care to join many Steam groups. I already have friend requests from people that I've never seen their name before, and no messages from them. I don't particularly care for adding people I don't really know, especially when a message can't be sent beforehand. No reason to whore myself out more. Although, I certainly don't mind adding anyone when I know who it is before I add them.

Yeah thats kewl i can understand that. Lol @ whore yourself out more. I dont know it was just an idea i figured id mention it. And yeah i dont add people that send blind adds either ive never understood that. Those people in mmos that send blind guild invites annoy the crap out of me. Its like yeah let me join your guild when you cant even take five minutes and talk to me? Im sure thatll be a wonderful organization. The bad thing is theyre in every mmo i ever played.

I was just thinking more or less it would be a potential place to find other gamers on here without having to look through a huge long thread list. But like i say it was more a random thought than anything else and just was curious what the feedback would be on it.

Cavey said:
I remember someone saying that they were going to set up a Steam group for ALL members, but I have no idea if it ever happened. It's not a bad idea, but I'm also not guaranteeing I'd join.

Yeah i dont know man, im just throwing ideas out thought it might be a way for some people to connect. But yeah i understand. Not really much use in making one if nobodys going to join lmao....

wolvesjr said:
Definitely worth trying. I don't remember if the one Cavey mentioned ever got off the ground or not. Definitely worth searching for and creating if it didn't

gonna wait and see what the further response is to this if anything, besides that i dont think id be the one to start it anyway but id definitely help with it if needed.

Latest posts

Back