My mom is the source of negative feelings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClosetGeek

Reaction score
Hi,
My mom although seen as a cheerful person, has her collection of negative ideas and thoughts. Inteacting with her transfers all these thoughts unto me.
She frequently talks about being old and dying soon. At nights, I have these nightmares in which I attend her funeral.
She also talks a lot about the earthquakes she experienced. I just had this nightmare where I was in an apartment complex when a 7 scale earthquake happened. The houses were totally being destroyed by the earthquake and people were getting trapped underneath the rubble. In the background, people were screaming for help. It was horrible.
I told my mom about it. She told me all of this is because of myself and I need to take depressants. Wtf?
PS I have never taken depressants in my life but she does.

Yes mom's can do that..
that's why it's good to live a little far.

they mean no harm..but sometimes they are just strange.
like my mom is always telling me ....'you'll never get a boyfriend, you'll never have anyone to love you'
then she goes shopping and buys a million and one beauty things that i will neveeer use.

and she points out all the things wrong with the way i keep myself then tries to make me feel guilty 'you dont know how much it hurts my heart to see you in those slippers, it's so dissapointing to know you could look so much better if you simply wear an earing'

lol...at the end of the day she just loves me...but i can only handel those talks once a week....everyday is just annoying :p

and sadly no matter how much you tell them to stop they wont... and everytme you break up with a guy...they will say 'see, it's because you didnt use the cream on your neck!!' lol.

i dont know the solution...except to have thicker skin and know that they are just a bit strange

Yea.. you are getting old..so am I, so is my 7 year old cousin :p Embrace it, you cant change it. Age is a beautiful thing..it means you've experienced more of life.
As for the earthquake I dont know. lol.

Having nightmares is obviously nothing to do with depression.

My mother still hasn't given up on telling me what to do... I really don't know why, because I react in such a contrary fashion, its one way of making sure I won't do something. I'm just hoping she never discovers reverse psychology.

I don't know why some people insist on talking about their own deaths, but I would say that is more to do with their own depression than anyone elses. Perhaps she enjoys the sympathy that talking about this elicits?

My mom is an angry hateful person who constantly spews racist statements and negative stereotypes. She also blatantly lies and insults people for literally doing nothing. Then blames everything and evryone but herself for habits she willingly chooses to continue.

However, that's her personality. I can't change it. She has also spoken louder with her actions about what good person she is. Not to mention she has also survived a war in a third world country, an abusive husband, and has dealt with people discriminating against her on top of some other stuff. I would expect that would sour your view on the world.

I'm sure a lot of it has rubbed off on me, but at the end of the day you are your own person. It's up to you to set your own mind state and figure out just what it is you're going to do about these issues. She may be the source of these types of feelings but you don't have to let it affect you so much.

My mom is a horrible person, it seems that she started hating me the instant i was born, i was practically raised by my grandma, and when i told her i was pregnant and that the father of my baby left, her hate went from 10 to a 1000, i haven't spoke to her since November 2003.
Mind you she didnt had a hard life at all growing up, my grandparents where politicians here in my state, when she was kid my grandpa was the gobernor of the state, yeah she indeed suffered from poverty and all:rolleyes: She's just a hateful and envious person, seriously, she couldnt stop telling me how popular she was as a young girl and that she embarrassed of me as a daughter. I don't owe her nothing except that im here.
The only thing i thank god is that im not like her at all, she is the mother that i will not become.

But yea sometimes moms can be a little bit paranoid.

Latest posts

Back