First timer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gp1220

Reaction score
Just dropping in to say hello!

Other than the grad cafe forum, this is the first forum I am a part of. 
I recently moved a little over 9 hours away from home and everything/everyone I know for graduate school. Although I do love where I live now, I am having a hard time transitioning. I am hoping writing how I feel and getting some good responses will help make things easier.

I am looking forward to trying this out 
Thanks for reading!

Change sucks sometime. .. even if we have control of it
Most of us resist it lol

Is this the first time you have been separated ?

Hi everyone!
Im 22 years old 
Im from montréal, canada
Im a female

Im hopping to have conversation with others that might help me out or help anyone .

van0994 said:
Hi everyone!
Im 22 years old 
Im from montréal, canada
Im a female

Im hopping to have conversation with others that might help me out or help anyone .

I won't hold that against you :p  
welcome

BadGuy said:
van0994 said:
Hi everyone!
Im 22 years old 
Im from montréal, canada
Im a female

I won't hold that against you :p  
welcome

BadGuy said:
Change sucks sometime. .. even if we have control of it
Most of us resist it lol

Is this the first time you have been separated ?

Yes. Some days are better than others, but I am doing okay.

I've moved away from everything and everyone I had known before, too. Three times actually....at age 14, 17 and 29. It can be difficult in so many ways.....the old normal is gone and there's a new normal.....when you go back and visit, the home you knew may seem different because the place kept moving on into its own future without you being there and you yourself have moved into your own future....the old life that you knew will never be the same.
OK, that's how it was for me anyway.
Transitioning difficulty? Let the home you left become a fond memory and think of graduate school as a stepping stone to the rest of your life.
And then recall grad school fondly as well.
Be looking forward out the windshield more than backward in the rearview mirror.

Hi im a 42 year old male from Birmingham England and I want to say hi to you all out there ,and im hoping to have conversations with you .

constant stranger said:
I've moved away from everything and everyone I had known before, too.  Three times actually....at age 14, 17 and 29.  It can be difficult in so many ways.....the old normal is gone and there's a new normal.....when you go back and visit, the home you knew may seem different because the place kept moving on into its own future without you being there and you yourself have moved into your own future....the old life that you knew will never be the same.
OK, that's how it was for me anyway.
Transitioning difficulty?  Let the home you left become a fond memory and think of graduate school as a stepping stone to the rest of your life.
And then recall grad school fondly as well.
Be looking forward out the windshield more than backward in the rearview mirror.

Thank you so much! I needed that. 
I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back