Alone In Marriage/Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebird

Reaction score
Haven't posted on here in a long while...visit occasionally, though. Feeling very lonely and hopeless the last few weeks. Don't have any friends to talk to, and my marriage isn't in good condition right now. My husband and I have been married a year, but have been together for 15. Since we've married, he spends every waking moment engaged in other things and with other people. He doesn't talk in the morning on the way to work, and when he gets home, he is either with friends or doing an activity alone. Even on the weekends, he makes plans and I never see him. It hurts me to see him get so excited to get a call from an acquaintance he just met, but hanging out with me is an irritation. When we do make plans, half the time he changes or breaks them. It could be something as simple as watching a movie on Netflix.

We've had have some serious issues come up that explain some of why he's not around as much. I'm trying to be supportive, but he doesn't seem to care or appreciate it. When I learned of these issues, I also learned that his family encouraged him to lie to me, and had been covering it up for the entire time. On top of that, they keep involving themselves in his problems, downplaying the severity and offering terrible advice. I feel very betrayed by both him, and his family. They even encouraged him to not come home after we had an argument.

My husband is the single only person, outside of my few immediate relatives, that I am close with and love. I haven't had a friend since I was in high school. I am socially awkward person. Though I have tried making friends at work, it doesn't go beyond a short, impersonal conversation. I feel so alone and forgotten.

Not sure what I'm getting at, not really looking for advice or anything. Just venting because life can suck and I have no one to talk to.

Bluebird said:
Haven't posted on here in a long while...visit occasionally, though. Feeling very lonely and hopeless the last few weeks. Don't have any friends to talk to, and my marriage isn't in good condition right now. My husband and I have been married a year, but have been together for 15. Since we've married, he spends every waking moment engaged in other things and with other people. He doesn't talk in the morning on the way to work, and when he gets home, he is either with friends or doing an activity alone. Even on the weekends, he makes plans and I never see him. It hurts me to see him get so excited to get a call from an acquaintance he just met, but hanging out with me is an irritation. When we do make plans, half the time he changes or breaks them. It could be something as simple as watching a movie on Netflix.

We've had have some serious issues come up that explain some of why he's not around as much. I'm trying to be supportive, but he doesn't seem to care or appreciate it. When I learned of these issues, I also learned that his family encouraged him to lie to me, and had been covering it up for the entire time. On top of that, they keep involving themselves in his problems, downplaying the severity and offering terrible advice. I feel very betrayed by both him, and his family. They even encouraged him to not come home after we had an argument.

My husband is the single only person, outside of my few immediate relatives, that I am close with and love. I haven't had a friend since I was in high school. I am socially awkward person. Though I have tried making friends at work, it doesn't go beyond a short, impersonal conversation. I feel so alone and forgotten.

Not sure what I'm getting at, not really looking for advice or anything. Just venting because life can suck and I have no one to talk to.

I understand all that you have written. what your husband is doing is not right at all. I hope you are ok.

I know this sounds very generic and useless, but have you tried telling him this? You're talking about trying to support him and him not appreciating you, but, a relationship, especially a marriage, goes two ways. He's supposed to support you too. You've got to learn how to stand up for yourself. 99% of the time, people don't even realise they're hurting the ones they care about, and even though it's difficult and may lead to fights, sometimes the only way to fix it is to let them know

Latest posts

Back