How to make friends and keep them?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haks86

Reaction score

I've been struggling with this since I was a teen. I'm socially awkward, painfully shy around women and in groups and anxious around new people. I try to reach out to people, especially at work, but it never works. I've seen other friendships blossom at work and it makes me question "what am I doing wrong?" Relationships are even harder.

Any advice or words of encouragement would be very welcome.

Haks86 said:

I've been struggling with this since I was a teen. I'm socially awkward, painfully shy around women and in groups and anxious around new people. I try to reach out to people, especially at work, but it never works. I've seen other friendships blossom at work and it makes me question "what am I doing wrong?" Relationships are even harder.

Talk about opening a can of worms ::) I would say just be yourself, don't try too hard.  There's lots of people in the same bag as you but it might take time to find them

I found when I was working to find a group that goes to/has lunch together. Eating away from work is the best but any time with co workers while not actually working lets the situation be more comfortable.

You do understand your asking the blind to teach the blind? :)

My most current guess is to not let anything upset you. Just do what someone else wants... smile all the time... and be laid back. Never stand up for yourself.. never consider the value of your time. If they want you to jump of a bridge.. do it!

*** I am only half being sarcastic***

Haks86 said:

Why to make friends and keep them?

When you find out could you let me know please.

That's a very sincere request by the way, no sarcasm intended.

Ask your self if you can spend your time better to with your personal development & to develop your relationships!

There's a youtube video that helped me a great deal, that I'm going to post. It's good for helping get your priorities on order, & I'd like to give you the benefit of my experience to compliment the video.

Sorry if this is harse or judgmental, but your small stuff (see video) looks wrong to me. Video games, Star Wars, & anime, it's all shallow entertainment! Take a look at music & songs, dating shows & rom-coms; soap opara's are a great way to reflect on yourself & the people in your life. This is the kind of entertainment that will help to nourish your mind!
In time, as your relationships grow, the small stuff will also grow into much more meaningful things.

Life Is A Pickle Jar - watch this!!

Latest posts

Back