Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genuinely wanting a true answer to my dilemma
Thanks everyone for your input
It's a horrible subject
So many go through this and it can be crushing to the point you're life is effected negatively for a long time if not in some cases permanently.
I already know I don't stand a chance as I'm the wrong colour, it's a hurdle I can't jump.
The answer I'm really trying to find out is why I fall for girls who are unobtainable? Or at least in my mind, maybe that's the problem? But I don't know how to overcome that.
And to Dannman, I'm sorry you feel that way, personally I'd love to fall in love with a girl who is. It hot, that way at least I could have her in my life
(11-03-2017, 07:16 AM)Disposition Wrote: So is it possible to change a girls mind...

Hypnosis comes to mind.
(11-03-2017, 08:28 AM)Tealeaf Wrote: It happens, but it's not fair to expect it. If they've made it clear that what's on the table is friendship, then that's what they're offering.

I've been on the receiving end and it's incredibly uncomfortable if a guy takes it as a "maybe someday" and not a "no". The belief that if he is nice and waits, I may have feelings I've said I don't have and want to give him what I've said I don't want to give him.

There are plenty of women who don't need to be convinced to date other races -- is there some reason you feel you need to earn the love of those who do? Changing other people's minds is generally difficult. You don't control what they think.

Not to disagree with respecting your point about a woman's right to choose, but I have to point out that people can simply change. Yeah, it takes a lot of effort and definitely won't happen if you aren't in regular communication (IE, a girl you aren't regularly around isn't going to just change her stance on a guy for no reason), but I see no reason to possibly remain hopeful to yourself if you still want to hope for it.

That's a big difference from continuing to pester, harass and the like.... but honestly, I simply don't believe that humans are static where emotions can't and don't regularly change. Sometimes the change can be pretty unexpected too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I don't think you should waste your time on girls that don't seem interested in you. We see all these movies and shows in which the nice guy eventually gets the girl, but in real life that's not the case. People make up their mind about other people almost immediately. If she doesn't see you that way she doesn't. Cut her out of your life.
(02-28-2019, 05:26 PM)Black Manta Wrote: I don't think you should waste your time on girls that don't seem interested in you. We see all these movies and shows in which the nice guy eventually gets the girl, but in real life that's not the case. People make up their mind about other people almost immediately. If she doesn't see you that way she doesn't. Cut her out of your life.

If she's outside your life and an extra chore, then yes. It's way more trouble than it's worth for both of you.

I was more meaning if there's a woman who you're regularly in contact with and have to be around; I'm saying she might not be disinterested or even dislike you, or whatever, forever. And in that case, I say don't assume someone's current feelings for you will always be exactly the same.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True or False: Lonely people flock to the Internet Azariah 10 1,926 12-16-2018, 03:22 AM
Last Post: ardour
  Have you ever experienced true loneliness? Unix 47 7,148 07-03-2018, 01:10 AM
Last Post: Noodlez
  Wanting feedback josiejo 5 1,226 09-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Last Post: NewOrder2016
  Wanting to go to a rave but having no one to go with HybridWarrior93 17 2,835 05-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Last Post: HybridWarrior93
  People lie in love? how to believe he/she loves true? Frodothelost 19 3,285 01-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Nicholas
  The Hedgehog's Dilemma Tealeaf 8 1,415 12-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Nicholas
  The Transhumanist answer to loneliness tone303 25 3,997 06-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Last Post: EveWasFramed
  True friends or just people you know. Jim540 20 3,546 10-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Last Post: ardour
  The dilemma of social interaction ayuchii 10 3,509 08-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Last Post: nerdygirl
  lack of men attention leading to me wanting to............... DisturbedHell 36 10,296 06-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Dwi