Hi everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Joturbo

Hi glad to be here

I wrote along rambling intro before but iPad powered off so might appear a bit direct so apologise not me in real life

Suffered social anxiety all my life and would love to fit in but a solitary job, occasional laziness,lack of go,lack of friends,not a deep thinker,shallow persona probably too many reasons to list means have never conquered it.

Luckily have long term wife my only friend and family so should be grateful but the pain of lonliness still effects me now as I advance in years.

Anyway still optimistic that can succeed in making some friends but just wish had forums when younger might have had a different life.Just wish had someone neutral to tell me straight why never succeeded.

Thanks for listening

Hello :) you're here now and as lame as it sounds it's never too late. I hope this forum gives you what you want (it has for me). I'm down for a chat at most times, looks like we've a common ground (occasional laziness, lack of friends) so that's a start :)

B

Thanks Brennabean for your kind reply

Don't think I'll post much because still super conscious of how I come across to people.It's great the forum has helped you and hope it motivates you and brings good luck in the quest as much as it has helped me since finding it. :)

Welcome Joturbo,

Feeling self conscious about how you appear is quite normal for most, when I first joined I thought no one would want to hear of me, my thoughts and my opinion, I started to ever so carefully converse and join in and now over a year later I'm still not sure if anyone cares about my thoughts and opinion, but I just don't care anymore :p

Join in for you, when you speak your mind and are yourself you can never e at fault, people can disagree, that's life :)

Don't be a stranger!

Thanks Mister Lonely

I'll try my best to join in but my self imposed barriers I've developed over the years because of rejection doesn't help.

Cheers

You jolly well TALK to us Joturbo. There is NOTHING wrong way you speak or present yourself. We are ALL awkward and messed up. You have friends here.

Thanks Sarah G for the welcome and Loaded for the boost I needed.

Had a great day at work today got to work with more colleagues than usual and had some good banter with a few had not seen for four months.Pushed myself more by asking more questions and showing more interest in people ,smiling and joking more than is usual for me.Think I need to get out more and stop obsessing about lack of friends because just talking to people seems to work for me,thanks again Loaded and Mister Lonely :)

TheRealCallie said:
Welcome :)
The key is to not let fear stop you.  Keep trying, it's never too late.

Thanks Callie good advice definitely take it on board and will make a real effort to beat the fear.I seem to be programmed not to give up just need a little direction. ;)

Sometimes, a little solitude goes a long way. I feel you when you say you feel lonely despite being married. I feel that too. But however, life is short. Try your best and be yourself. End of the day, it is truly your life and no one else’s. Despite what they tell you, I am sure you are brilliant in your own right.

Your not the only one who feels lazy and not really wanting to do anything, not sure if that has anything to do with depression or just the fact that I am not hydrated enough. I know when I drank lots of water I started to feel better, I don't know if that would help but I know it did me.

I also don't have many friends, but your here now and i'm sure you will make plenty of them. When I lived with my wife I didn't have any friends, I felt like trying to make friends would not be allowed as she was controlling, but i'm slowly regaining a part of myself more everyday.

Latest posts

Back