Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How did your lonliness happen?
I was walking down the street one day and I didn't see it coming. It came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder and has been a constant companion ever since.
(12-19-2017, 08:13 AM)Sci-Fi Wrote: I moved away from home to a very small town where I didn't know anyone and there was nothing to do.

pretty much the same thing happened to me, it's hard to fit in in a small town where everyone has known each other for ages
(12-27-2017, 09:07 AM)BeyondShy Wrote: I was walking down the street one day and I didn't see it coming. It came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder and has been a constant companion ever since.

Do you ever take it out for coffee? Wink 
I can relate to that, although it comes only at certain times myself. The rough times, I miss not having companionship. To say I'm lonely would be an exaggeration, however.
Life just left me behind. I lost my relationship, my job and my house. My friends and family, as good as they are, are all busy with their own lives, and I rarely see most of them. I’m lucky to have a great daughter who I see once or twice a month, but she is busy with uni and things. I don’t generally see anybody else at all for long periods. I think I have become a recluse since losing my job, I don’t go anywhere, and manage to do everything completely online. I’ve always been a bit of a loner and an introvert, but I used to go out with friends several times a week. Now that doesn’t happen often anymore, and I feel nervous when I do have to go out, preferring to stay in, but at the same time feeling bored and lonely. I can’t win!
I moved to a new town and never really fit in. I think the isolation messed me up and now it's made socializing for me extra hard.
i have always been alone, for me is something natural like breathing. I have almost accepted it
"The journey never ends"
I think I was born with it. I was lonely as a child, never had friends, always at the fringes of everything, but never included, never wanted. The few 'friends' I have made, all online, never stay around for more than a couple of months. Never had a real relationship. I guess it feels like I've never been allowed to, since, like I said, everyone always leaves. I don't fit in anywhere, don't belong anywhere, and am not wanted anywhere, or by anyone ... trying to just seems to make it worse ... so, I think I was born with it. I don't want to die with it, but, as they go now I probably will.
I have always been a loner but... for most of my life I was in synch with my world. I was going to school at the same time as people my age.. dating at the same time as people my age etc... moving up in the workplace with people my age...

But then, my elderly parents got sick. When everyone else was getting married, getting promotions, I was dealing with them. Then after that,, I was out of synch with my word. This has been incredibly isolating. When my friends are having parent issues... I already dealt with them ten years ago and don't want to again. I want to focus on dating but they are all 4 or 5 years married with kids and don't want to assist with my dating. But want me to assist with their unhappy marriages.
Hrm. Over time I grew into the realization that I was lonely, but I've always been kind of been alone. I mean, I have family, but I began to become reclusive and asocial as a kid. I have maladaptive daydreaming disorder, which has centered around my aloneness and I got comfortable living in my own head than out in the world. I can't really connect with others nowadays, and have resigned from life for the most part.
I've got a massive family, quite a few friends as well.... My loneliness is more down to the fact I really struggle to relate to anyone. I wish to god I had been born in a different time, when people still enjoyed the simple things. It must have been nice to look at the stars with someone and not have their phone go off..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe Lonliness can be GOOD bearcat22 19 1,009 01-17-2019, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Jessicat
  Lonliness and abandonment GhostOfSociety 17 5,869 12-25-2018, 02:40 AM
Last Post: cosmosandmusiclover
  How to keep your sanity in times of lonliness ? Restless soul 43 8,244 11-28-2018, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Paul Bauman
  What is lonliness to you, and what would be the cure? Restless soul 36 5,150 11-29-2016, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Somnambulist
  Yes, lonliness does cause anger. I am living proof Restless soul 19 3,836 11-16-2016, 08:39 PM
Last Post: planetlonely23
  My Experience With Lonliness PixiePalace 9 3,111 10-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Last Post: JenniferJones
  There Can Be Diferent Types Of Lonliness, Which One Are You? Cypha 88 13,009 01-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Last Post: differentlonelygirl
  Lonliness is unbearable... Malrk 5 2,583 12-21-2014, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Seeker_2.0
  Lonliness cumulus.james 34 5,735 11-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Last Post: cumulus.james
  lonliness turning into anger Mr Hermit 25 5,978 10-01-2014, 06:24 AM
Last Post: SelfDefenseFamily