Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batchelor Degree?
(04-17-2018, 03:21 AM)Serenia Wrote: Thank you all so much for your encouragement it means alot.  Not a great start spell Bachelor wrong lol.

My plan is to re-do my Maths GCSE to refresh myself and then an access course, then tackle it.

Khan academy is really good if you need a math refresher.
(04-16-2018, 07:14 PM)Seosa Wrote: Personally, I'd say no. Simply because unless its in a field that would almost guarantee work, it's effectively worthless. It's something to be proud of, but the debt and wasted time simply aren't worth it. It's entirely your choice, but while I will always treasure my degree, going through the 3 years to get it were ultimately a waste of time.

I kind of agree with this. What degree are you thinking about?
(04-17-2018, 03:21 AM)Serenia Wrote: Thank you all so much for your encouragement it means alot.  Not a great start spell Bachelor wrong lol.

My plan is to re-do my Maths GCSE to refresh myself and then an access course, then tackle it.

I pretty much did the same thing. I didn't re-do the maths GCSE, but I did the access course at college then started my degree, I just finished my first year. Access is pretty intense, but it's doable. I barely got through my GSCEs too, I resat the important ones straight after I left school at 16 though, so I had a gap of 20 years. I'd say go for it. I've never been happier than I am at this point in my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Think of me long enough to make a memory

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One degree of separation LonelySutton 6 908 08-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Last Post: lonelydoc
  What kind of jobs can I get with an AA degree? fuzzybutt 12 4,759 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Last Post: perfanoff
  Is it worth it to work towards a computer diploma/degree part-time cuz technology... Stars 16 3,274 09-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Xerin