Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
social distancing
I not only like it, it's not at all hard to adapt to.  I find that my lifestyle hasn't changed a bit... my boss told me that the building was practicing social distancing (last week while I was still there) an added that I probably liked it.  I didn't respond to his comment but I smiled.  I'm actually fucking annoyed now at society at how many people cannot adapt to social distancing and not only ignore the guidelines, but go out of their way "above and beyond" to be in groups.  Americans like this are ignorant, spoiled, and stupid. This pandemic isn't a toy, it's real and hasn't happened in my lifetime, or any American's lifetime. For pete's sake, stay home...

The fucking drama from work - all employees are supposed to work from home, go to meetings online, provide online work, pictures from home showing creativity.  I've ignored the meetings and group emails...hell I've been in this position for 30 years, I don't have to care.  Although they all posted cute pictures of their new improvised home work spaces and offices.  All of them had tons of comments...there was supposed to be a winner of the most creative home office space. Nobody commented on mine.

Attached Files
.jpg   office.jpg (Size: 58.61 KB / Downloads: 18)
Looks cozy. Better than an office.
I feel like there should be a wine bottle sitting there. lol

Americans, on a large scale are ignorant and selfish. This social distancing thing isn't going to work. Might as well just enact Martial Law now and even then, people will probably fight it and try to get around it.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: IMG_4388.jpg]
I can only comment about around the area I live at , but I've also been out a couple of trips to scenic places with the other half and kid where you can sit and take in the views.Everyone I see is following the Prime ministers instructions if anything going alot more than is stipulated.Everyone is keeping nearly two metres apart where possible both in queues and when passing people in the street.There are six foot floor marker lines in the queues for the tills and everyone is abiding by the rules standing the right distance apart.People wait patiently for you to pass if it looks like you are too close.

Even when I was walking back to my car at one of the country places a gent looked at me nervously because he thought I was going to walk too close.

At the local beauty spot dog walkers are all leaving big gaps in between...it's just so surreal to look down on it all...but of course so necessary to stop the spread.
I feel like there should be fava beans and a nice bottle of Chianti sitting there...😂😜 Kidding - is your workspace in a basement? Looks very industrial with the stone wall, but cozy too.

All kidding aside, yes - the whole ordeal of social distancing is so fucking hard for some people to figure out. Instead all the ‘covidiots’ out there (new word I just learned, seems fitting) keep dragging their family and friends out to the local parks and playgrounds like we’re all on some kind of friggin’ vacation. Dumbasses.

We just had our first virtual meeting yesterday, spent the whole stupid meeting talking about how to adjust to working from home, ‘sharing’ our experiences and tips. Whatever...I’ve been working from home for a while now, complete waste of my time to sit there when I’ve got actual work to do.
I've practiced social isolation for the past decade. I stopped all relationships of all kinds, not that I really had any to begin with. Ha! ha! I normally have a two to three week rotating stock of food and supplies at all times. So, I'm yawning at all the panicking that is going on.

Here in Phx, AZ. the workers must have been told to be extra nice to everybody because they are. One staff woman at a hardware store actually patted me on the back because the self checkout wasn't working. I didn't say anything. But, inside I was like, WTF! I don't want you near me on a good day. With the Coronavirus crap going on stay the hell away from me. People here are so stupid. They are either panic buying everything that they will later toss in the trash because they'll never use the stuff or they pretend like there's nothing wrong. People are not keeping their distances from each other either.

Hmmm. Many fun stores are closed so lets all go to the parks so we can exercise and socialize together. Wow! Stupid!
(03-26-2020, 01:33 AM)Finished Wrote: I've practiced social isolation for the past decade. I stopped all relationships of all kinds, not that I really had any to begin with. Ha! ha! I normally have a two to three week rotating stock of food and supplies at all times. So, I'm yawning at all the panicking that is going on.

Here in Phx, AZ. the workers must have been told to be extra nice to everybody because they are. One staff woman at a hardware store actually patted me on the back because the self checkout wasn't working. I didn't say anything. But, inside I was like, WTF! I don't want you near me on a good day. With the Coronavirus crap going on stay the hell away from me. People here are so stupid. They are either panic buying everything that they will later toss in the trash because they'll never use the stuff or they pretend like there's nothing wrong. People are not keeping their distances from each other either.

Hmmm. Many fun stores are closed so lets all go to the parks so we can exercise and socialize together. Wow! Stupid!

The building where i work in the last two years has evolved into a drama capital. Now with this going on, it's even worse but the good news is I don't have to see it.  Although obviously i have peeked in on the email exchanges, just so I can gag on my beer.  These people are so needy and socially dependent that they can't stay away.  I like my boss, but he is so high on his success that he emailed a link to his daily announcements and wanted people to send hiim videos of their families watching his videos.  I texted my co worker and gave him the heads up on the email...good old boss has become a David Koresh and turned my building into a cult.  He loves being worshiped and that's exactly what they're doing sending in those videos. of course, I'm not...I refuse to watch them.  I'm certainly not paying tribute.  Although...he likes me, for whatever reason. Probably because I get shit done without any complications. Don't however expect me at meetings or social gatherings...I'm there for money, and because this job is perfect for a man of my wonderful personality.

I just saw a picture on facebook today of one of our parks here, people were not practicing social distancing. Glad I wasn't there. Some people are not taking this as serious as it is.

[Image: KqOD7C.gif]
I went to a small grocery store on my way home from an appt today. People were being very considerate and attempting to keep distance as much as possible. On the other hand, I have heard the bigger stores are a lot worse. People ramming into each other and going insane. I prefer the smaller stores.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: IMG_4388.jpg]
(03-27-2020, 10:27 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: I went to a small grocery store on my way home from an appt today.  People were being very considerate and attempting to keep distance as much as possible.  On the other hand, I have heard the bigger stores are a lot worse.  People ramming into each other and going insane.  I prefer the smaller stores.

For the most part, I would agree with you.  There appears to be a level of courtesy in the stores, well the one store I go to during this crisis (groceries/Walmart) that I feel is a new thing.  There, people are social distancing.... then there's the other club - the defiant people who feel the government is infringing on their freedoms and they are not going to change. Kind of reminds me of an argument I got into with someone years ago about "smokers rights" - that non-smokers who are unable to do anything about being in the same area as those choosing to smoke were the one's whose rights were being infringed on. This staff person argued with me that second hand smoke was harmless and it was a myth that it caused cancer.  These people "disobeying the rules" are causing consequences to others who are trying to stay safe.  I am offended by the Lt. Governor of  Texas stating that "older people" need to sacrifice medical care for the young.  These same young people flying out to beaches for spring break, having corona virus parties, these people are being stupid and careless, selfish.  Not to mention who the hell is he to decide who lives or dies, or who needs to sacrifice themselves? We need the older people, whether or not some people agree with that.. and I'm not painting all youth with the same brush, but that self centered attitude and selfish  choices that affect the lives of others seems to be a pattern there with a great many.

We're all in this together, and nobody gets that.  It's not that social distancing is a forever thing, its just to get through this current crisis but none of these people want to be inconvenienced.

(03-27-2020, 10:18 AM)Sci-Fi Wrote: I just saw a picture on facebook today of one of our parks here, people were not practicing social distancing.  Glad I wasn't there.  Some people are not taking this as serious as it is.

People suck, and I find being a loner is a handy thing to be in this current era.   If you want to get away from people, try looking up parks that aren't "parks" - such as state forests. People are lazy and go to places easy to get to that have facilities.  Google "state lands" in your state, or federal preserves.  In NY State, (I know, the epicenter) we have a ton of state forests.  I have a 13,000 acre state forest that I have wandered and lived in part time for 30 years.  "Morrow Road" is one of my favorite places in that forest - I highly recommend you plan a mission to a place like that for your own sanity.

Attached Files
.jpg   camp2010.jpg (Size: 101.61 KB / Downloads: 6)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Poisonous Concoction of Shyness and Social Anxiety pim 9 1,754 03-07-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: JJW
  Social networks are making us less social DarkWoods 6 828 03-07-2020, 08:40 AM
Last Post: kaetic
  Overcoming Social Obstacles from Inability to Conform MaratheGray 11 1,785 01-08-2020, 09:38 PM
Last Post: sriguhan
  Advice on social situations Volt 9 4,390 11-15-2019, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Diagnosed
  Reactivating My Social Media Gave Me A Rush Of Anxiety V.V. 5 2,157 08-26-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: ladyforsaken
  Social media makes things awkward OverTheRainbow 9 3,153 04-17-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Jackalope
  New boss is beginning to realize I am anti-social morrowrd 8 3,242 12-02-2017, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  Social Media for the Soul jean-vic 2 2,177 10-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Last Post: jean-vic
  The problem with "Social Chaos" GizmonicScrewdriver 13 5,331 07-21-2017, 03:21 AM
Last Post: GizmonicScrewdriver
  what are the best job for someone with social anxiety disorder ? pinocio 2 2,069 05-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: wallflower79