Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very simple, Grasshoppah. All the lonely dudes are doing the same honeysuckle you are. Sitting in front of the computer, wondering where the rest are, making excuses to not go outside. You don't feel up to squash today? It's your fault if today, you meet no one.

Yeah! said:
It's very simple, Grasshoppah. All the lonely dudes are doing the same honeysuckle you are. Sitting in front of the computer, wondering where the rest are, making excuses to not go outside. You don't feel up to squash today? It's your fault if today, you meet no one.

beans said:
Yeah! said:

Do you even read what I wrote? Obviously not.

Honestly, I read it and was gonna say something similar to what Yeah! said... so. Take from it what you will.

Yeah i know the feeling. You get involved in various things in part for the social aspect of it and there just doesn't seem to be one.

Just not at the meetups. Why should meetups not be for serious people? That's why they do it without coercion.

I wasn't aware that a 'serious' pastime had to eliminate the social aspect of it.

It doesn't have to, except in high-end cases, but it means people will meet up with no desire for social goals.

Pheenix said:
It doesn't have to, except in high-end cases, but it means people will meet up with no desire for social goals.

The place is frequently mentioned here as something to check out for those looking for some type of social involvement. beans was mentioning that it among other places has not worked out that way for them. If you are suggesting that it is a poor place for such things, i really would have no basis to dispute that.

Err...I guess Im sort of lazy now.
Hunting season is over for a little
while.

its too hot to go outside...
But I know its just an excuse. I ve
accomplished more in worst condition.

Im not loney. Im grateful my GF
keeps me company with all the benifits.
Its realitively the same..
Im procastinaing or putting my
life on hold of what I really want
and need to do.
I have no one else to blame
but myself. If I blame myself
thats not good either. Itll only
make me feel worst.

My brain burns more energy than my body. honeysuckle going in head accomplishes nothing or is not productive..

errr I ma go read up or more honeysuckle
to edjamicate myself. Maybe it
might help me to figure this
out or get me moving.

I know..I know...
I like to put off honeysuckle...

Minus said:
Pheenix said:

The place is frequently mentioned here as something to check out for those looking for some type of social involvement. beans was mentioning that it among other places has not worked out that way for them. If you are suggesting that it is a poor place for such things, i really would have no basis to dispute that.

Primarily these meetups SHOULD be for serious people. It's for people who enjoy the same things to come together and share their joy in them. The primary act of the meetup SHOULD (imo) be about the activity. If there is some sort of friendship being made, I believe it should be done after the event is over, not during. On your "own" time, if people wish to take things further and meet up outside of the group.

Meetup.com?

Anyway, yeah, okay, so people definitely go there to socialize, some of them. But others don't, and if a club if specifically designated to be for hardcore pursuers of the activity, it seems okay to me, 's all I'm trying to say, I'm probably not articulating it very well.

I've been writing a little too sloppily around here lately, I'll pull myself together.

Latest posts

Back