15 signs that a man has never had a girlfriend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackdot said:
I would say that about a third of those 15 things apply to me. Yet I have sort of had a girlfriend before.

You were married, right?

Yeah, the list is bollocks. But the fact that it exists is what gets me. Women are desperate enough to try to weed out guys who have never had a boyfriend, that they are making lists like this.

As a 30 year old forever alone man, it makes me feel like honeysuckle.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

I wouldn't worry, there are plenty of decent, non-judgmental girls out there, they just don't spend their time posting bullshit online to validate their small-minded, petty, judgmental opinions. Never give up hope, you never know what is around the corner.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
blackdot said:
I would say that about a third of those 15 things apply to me. Yet I have sort of had a girlfriend before.

You were married, right?

me? married? oh no.
I "dated" for 2 years with someone that was bi-polar and was always withdrawn so she hated physical contact so we never even figured out how to kiss. Everyone tells me that means we were just friends. Mainly cause people don't understand what it means to be bi-polar.

Runciter said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

I wouldn't worry, there are plenty of decent, non-judgmental girls out there, they just don't spend their time posting bullshit online to validate their small-minded, petty, judgmental opinions.

Yay! Someone who realizes that. :D

EveWasFramed said:

As if to prove my point, one of them has just turned up in this thread!

You guys should spend less time getting yourself worked up over what ignorant bitches have to say about something they have no clue about and spend your time talking to the lovely, open minded, non-judgmental girls like Eve here.

I'm pretty sure she won't make you feel like honeysuckle about yourself and as an added bonus she doesn't adhere to the stereotype of women being self-centered, egotistical idiots who only care about how much money you earn and what car you drive. Hurray for decent women. :D

Runciter said:
I wouldn't worry, there are plenty of decent, non-judgmental girls out there, they just don't spend their time posting bullshit online to validate their small-minded, petty, judgmental opinions. Never give up hope, you never know what is around the corner.

Simple observation here, women who don’t judge harshly often seem to come from challenging backgrounds and have very low self-esteem.

Maybe it sounds horrible, but many guys don't like the idea of being with someone who is 'broken', inexperienced men being least likely to possess the maturity necessary to be with someone like that.
In fact the kind of women who might have me actually scare the honeysuckle out of me.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Yeah, the list is bollocks. But the fact that it exists is what gets me. Women are desperate enough to try to weed out guys who have never had a boyfriend, that they are making lists like this.

And why does it bother you that it exists? You do know that you can ignore it, right? And you do know that a great deal of people - females included - ignored it when they read it. Wanting to change the things that you can't control usually never works out, and it may make you believe that things can't be changed just because you're so stuck on one person's ideas. Just because someone else posts an article online doesn't mean we all flock to it, and agree thoughtlessly.

What gets to me most is, do you really think so little of females that you really believe we actually care about the things in this article? We're not desperate to weed out anyone who's never had a partner, and I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous of you to even say. And we don't need any silly article written by John-Doe-We-Don't-Know-Him-So-Why-Would-We-Trust-Him to help us solve any issue in our lives.

Lots of things exist, that doesn't mean we need all of it to carry us through life. People can write whatever they want, no problem, and people can believe in whatever they want, no problem. But none of it is written in stone.

EveWasFramed said:
Runciter said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

I wouldn't worry, there are plenty of decent, non-judgmental girls out there, they just don't spend their time posting bullshit online to validate their small-minded, petty, judgmental opinions.

Yes! Hooray! I'd kiss Runciter on the cheek if I could.

What gets to me most is, do you really think so little of females that you really believe we actually care about the things in this article?

Here's another example of people misunderstanding me. Where in the hell did you read, or determine, that I think little of females?

I think they think little of me, because I have never had a girlfriend, and because of the way I look and my geeky interests. I've said this a million times before, but each time, you and Eve both have a hissy fit and call me sexist, when I basically just call some women on their bullshit.

If you don't believe that some women believe, and follow these articles, you are delusional. Why would an article be written, if people weren't reading it? Clearly, it's not all sexless virgins who haven't had a girlfriend who are their audience. Get real.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
..... you and Eve both have a hissy fit ....

:club: Leave me the hell out of this. I wanted to make a comment about what you said but DIDN'T. So props to ME for hushing and clubs to YOU for mentioning me at all.

I'm sorry but this is un-******* believable. This article how now go people here bickering with each other, you're letting it do even more damage.

@LeaningIntoTheMuse
I don't believe you intended to make such a sweeping generalization about women. But when you start a sentence with 'Women are desperate,' you're going to rub people the wrong way. You should have started it with 'Some women are desperate.'

@Eve and Vanilla
I know you're just standing up for the good women out there and I respect for you that, but I have to stand up for the good men. You realize you're having an argument with a guy who has social anxiety right? His visits here should be a place where he can have a positive interaction with members of the opposite sex.

We're all in agreement that the woman who created the original article is creating more harm than good and yet we're now all arguing over it! I bet if she could read this thread she would be laughing her tits off at everyones expense here.

So seriously, why can't everyone just apologize to each other, give each other a big e-hug and get back to pointing out how completely ******* retarded the original article and its author really are.

P.S @ Vanilla
Which Cheek? :p

Oh...and to answer the question you asked:

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Where in the hell did you read, or determine, that I think little of females?

Why with this comment ....

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Women are desperate enough to try to weed out guys who have never had a boyfriend, that they are making lists like this.

Just pointing out why Nilla may have gotten the impression that you "think little of females."
My apologies to Nilla if I am mistaken. :D
And no, Muse, don't debate me as I'm not expressing my opinion on your opinion, but merely answering why Nilla had the idea she did.

Runciter said:
@Eve and Vanilla
I know you're just standing up for the good women out there and I respect for you that....

Dammit. :club: I didn't even say anything about it - lol, you leave me out of it too!!

blackdot said:
9006 said:
blackdot said:
money is over-rated anyways.

You're right, you only need it to live and do things with.

but since I don't have a girlfriend, I don't need but a very tiny amount.

I laughed out loud. Are you suggesting that your gf would spend your money shamelessly, or that you'd lavish her with nice things? :p
LOL, had to ask.

You all do realize that the article is listed under HUMOR so it isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Any guy who can play pool with his left and right hand doesn't need anyone else, pool was just a metaphor for masturbation right? And most of those online "female" friends are just dudes playing as females. And a guy who has watched Sex and the City, Clueless and Project Runway, knows how to cook everything, has hobbies that don't include women, and wears tighty whities probably isn't looking for a girlfriend.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
What gets to me most is, do you really think so little of females that you really believe we actually care about the things in this article?

Here's another example of people misunderstanding me. Where in the hell did you read, or determine, that I think little of females?

I think they think little of me, because I have never had a girlfriend, and because of the way I look and my geeky interests. I've said this a million times before, but each time, you and Eve both have a hissy fit and call me sexist, when I basically just call some women on their bullshit.

If you don't believe that some women believe, and follow these articles, you are delusional. Why would an article be written, if people weren't reading it? Clearly, it's not all sexless virgins who haven't had a girlfriend who are their audience. Get real.

Some women do. Some don't. And that's my point. Your posts - as I read them - make all women out to be what you think them of. Judgmental. Perhaps it's just me, and if it is, then I apologize. But your posts just seem to belittle women to me. You might not even view them as such, and once again, I apologize if that's not what you're doing.

Your ideal, however, of making such a big deal of never having a girlfriend before is still ridiculous to me. I suppose I shouldn't care anymore, because one: I'm fortunate enough to not have to deal with that attitude from my guy; and two: No matter how many times anyone would tell you that it doesn't matter, you would still believe it does. Once again, you can believe in whatever you feel is right, but I personally think you limit yourself.

Runciter said:
I'm sorry but this is un-******* believable. This article how now go people here bickering with each other, you're letting it do even more damage.

@LeaningIntoTheMuse
I don't believe you intended to make such a sweeping generalization about women. But when you start a sentence with 'Women are desperate,' you're going to rub people the wrong way. You should have started it with 'Some women are desperate.'

Exactly.

Runciter said:
@Eve and Vanilla
I know you're just standing up for the good women out there and I respect for you that, but I have to stand up for the good men. You realize you're having an argument with a guy who has social anxiety right? His visits here should be a place where he can have a positive interaction with members of the opposite sex.

True, but reading most of his posts... I find it difficult to even be positive. The attitude in his posts are so completely off-putting, I either make some snarky comment myself, or I just don't even bother.

Runciter said:
P.S @ Vanilla
Which Cheek? :p

Preferably the left one. :p

Latest posts

Back