15 signs that a man has never had a girlfriend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ******* can't even talk about mental illness and problems socializing with the opposite sex on a ******* mental illness forum. I suppose guys like us should just shut up, right?

Vanilla, you are in a relationship, so you have a significant other. You have no idea what I go through. Shut the fresia up.

Ugh. :(

VanillaCreme said:
True, but reading most of his posts... I find it difficult to even be positive. The attitude in his posts are so completely off-putting, I either make some snarky comment myself, or I just don't even bother.
I haven't been here that long so I can't really comment on the past too much. I just know that if I was in his shoes, this thread would probably just be reinforcing the idea that women=bad.

VanillaCreme said:
Preferably the left one. :p
Yes, but which left one... (too far? :p)

Moe said:
I'm pretty sure this list wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Bingo!

A tongue-in-cheek piece of bubblegum journalism. I read it. I shrugged. I forgot it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I ******* can't even talk about mental illness and problems socializing with the opposite sex on a ******* mental illness forum. I suppose guys like us should just shut up, right?

Vanilla, you are in a relationship, so you have a significant other. You have no idea what I go through. Shut the fresia up.

Ugh. :(

I was unaware that I've been in a relationship all 24 years of my life. And I was unaware that I've never had problems with the opposite sex myself.

If you ever wonder why people (females) don't want to bother with you, perhaps you should re-read this post.

Well, Runciter, my attempts in apologies have gone sour, I'm afraid. I tried! :club:

Runciter said:
VanillaCreme said:
Preferably the left one. :p
Yes, but which left one... (too far? :p)

Nah, I've kissed a butt cheek before in my lifetime. Pucker up!

I wanted to start a discussion on why a lot of women judge guys on never having had a girlfriend...which does happen.

Then, I'm suddenly a sexist and a bad person for stating that it does happen...even though I said that it wasn't all women.

If you're going to state that all of your gender is wonderful, congratulations, you are a ******* idiot. I can admit a lot of men are pigs, but you don't see me getting insulted if you stated that.

I am normally a nice person, but you've just pissed me off. And it's the same people, once again. Which don't represent the female equivalent of posters here. I probably should stop paying attention to their advice, because it's always an insult.

And Vanilla, I don't have a problem with all females. Just you.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I wanted to start a discussion on why a lot of women judge guys on never having had a girlfriend...which does happen.

Then, I'm suddenly a sexist and a bad person for stating that it does happen...even though I said that it wasn't all women.

If you're going to state that all of your gender is wonderful, congratulations, you are a ******* idiot. I can admit a lot of men are pigs, but you don't see me getting insulted if you stated that.

If anything is to blame here it is simply the way in which you articulated your opinion. I can completely understand that the points you have made were not intended for all women but if you re-read your posts you might see why they came to that conclusion.

However I don't think there is any need to be calling anyone a ******* idiot, its completely uncalled for and you should be able to defend yourself without resorting to abuse. I'm trying to stick up for you here and help you out but you're making it rather difficult at the moment.

I'm pretty sure this thread isn't exactly making you feel very good right now but why not use it as an excuse to work out a positive solution so you can at least learn from your, albeit rather trivial, mistakes.

This has got way out of hand but I'm sure a simple apology to Vanilla for your remarks will go a long way to mending these bridges and I'm sure she would be happy to come to some sort of amicable solution.

No one is denying that some guys do get judged for not having prior relationships. But I don't see the point of continuously bringing it up. At the same time I don't get why people continuously bring up the fact that that they've never had a girlfriend (especially guys in their 20s). It's almost like it's the main thing that defines them. Can't people just focus on other aspects of their lives and not let these trivial parts of their lives consume them so much?

I was going to run away again, but that's pathetic. I'm not a little boy anymore.

What the hell. I'm sorry, Vanilla. I'm in a bad mood, and I apologize for the name calling. It was unnecessary and mean.

I probably should stop creating these types of threads. Even my therapist, who is a woman, has said that going over all these negative emotions over and over again is just making me miserable and putting me in a rut.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I am bipolar and suffer from social anxiety, OCD, Body Dismorphic Disorder, and ADHD. Pardon me for not being normal.

And that gives you the right to call people ******* idiots?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I was going to run away again, but that's pathetic. I'm not a little boy anymore.
I'm glad to hear it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Anyway, I'm not going to apologize to Vanilla until she apologizes to me. She insulted me first. Maybe I'm having a bad day...but I really didn't need the same attacks again. It just aggravated my temper and got me pissed off.
I would have agreed with you until you used abusive language and insulted her personally. It's only fair you apologize for at least that first.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
And as far as generalizations go, do I really have to prefix every single "female" or "male" with 'some'? Can't you tell that I'm not talking about a whole gender? I have already stated, in many different threads, that I have female friends...people that I look up to and love. I have a mother. I have a sister. I have aunts and nieces. I don't hate all women. I don't even hate the women who treat me like honeysuckle. I just feel apathetic towards them.
I'm afraid so mate, it's the same as saying gays have aids or muslims are terrorists. Its only one word and it clarifies your opinion so much thus avoiding all of this mess in the first place.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Do I really have to state that? Seriously? Where did the witch hunt come from? I am bipolar and suffer from social anxiety, OCD, Body Dismorphic Disorder, and ADHD. Pardon me for not being normal.
I know you have problems, but you're not the only one. This isn't the happy-go-lucky forum. I feel for you, really, but you have to play the hand your dealt and complaining about your cards is going to get you nowhere.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I edited my post, Eve. I apologized.

I'll just leave. This isn't a good place for me.
We don't want you to leave, we want to help. Running away from your problems will only hold you back. This place isn't a good place for you because you're not compromising and life is all about compromise. I hope you change your mind and do the right thing.

Moe said:
No one is denying that some guys do get judged for not having prior relationships. But I don't see the point of continuously bringing it up. At the same time I don't get why people continuously bring up the fact that that they've never had a girlfriend (especially guys in their 20s). It's almost like it's the main thing that defines them.

What does that tell you about the contradicting set of values in relation to men. We're still defined by whether we're wanted, yet we should not expect or even want to be wanted.

To state the obvious - prior to the 70's most people married early, there was relatively equal 'sexual access'. Since feminism's vilification of men as animals, postponed marriage, unstable relationships to fill the void and a sharp divide between sexual winners and losers, all that, many guys find themselves without any investment in society. Why work hard when you're still going to be alone?

I risk sounding like a lunatic by saying that feminism and female pickiness leads to economic and social decline , but I believe it in as much as who wants to work a 60+ hour week in a high stress job just to come home to an empty flat? This is why we need so many migrants, men usually coming from misogynist non-liberated societies who seem to have a better work-ethic, probably because they feel there's a point to their lives, there's a reasonable assurance they're not going to end up isolated.

I just get irritated, because I get called the same thing over and over again...and it really does hurt.

You know, there are plenty of sexists who are players? Those people really, genuinely, do hate women. I've been around them, I know how they talk about them. I would be horrified if any of that came out of my mouth, because not only is that not me, but it would be such a huge departure of who I am as a human being. I can't even say the B-word, I call it the B-word instead of actually saying it...and I've certainly never said it in the presence of a woman.

Guys like me who have trouble with girls because of social anxiety, well, we get frustrated. Then, when we talk about how desperate and frustrated we are, suddenly it's not okay. It's not normal. We should toughen up and be real men, who apparently are devoid of emotion, can't get hurt by rejection, and certainly can't cry. And if we say we have a problem with one woman, suddenly we hate the whole female gender. It's ridiculous, and sad, and I'm honestly tired of it. And I'm a liberal who believes in woman's rights! I'm on Emily's List, and I've donated to women's rights groups, and I have to hear this crap from some random person who not only doesn't even know my real name, but apparently doesn't even know who I am as a person!

**** right I should be offended. I don't come across the best on here, but it seems like it's always the same people I get into arguments with. And I can't avoid them, they invade my threads. I had this problem on another forum, and I requested a permanent ban because I couldn't avoid them. I hoped this forum was different.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I just get irritated, because I get called the same thing over and over again...and it really does hurt.
I know but that pain is lessened if you work through your problems.
Running away will just make you feel more isolated.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
You know, there are plenty of sexists who are players? Those people really, genuinely, do hate women. I've been around them, I know how they talk about them. I would be horrified if any of that came out of my mouth, because not only is that not me, but it would be such a huge departure of who I am as a human being. I can't even say the B-word, I call it the B-word instead of actually saying it...and I've certainly never said it in the presence of a woman.
Good for you. I'm the same and yes, there are a lot of arseholes out there that treat women like honeysuckle, I hate them just as much as you and the women on this forum probably hate them ten times more than both of us combined. That is why they're so opinionated about it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Guys like me who have trouble with girls because of social anxiety, well, we get frustrated. Then, when we talk about how desperate and frustrated we are, suddenly it's not okay. It's not normal. We should toughen up and be real men, who apparently are devoid of emotion, can't get hurt by rejection, and certainly can't cry. And if we say we have a problem with one woman, suddenly we hate the whole female gender. It's ridiculous, and sad, and I'm honestly tired of it. And I'm a liberal who believes in woman's rights! I'm on Emily's List, and I've donated to women's rights groups, and I have to hear this crap from some random person who not only doesn't even know my real name, but apparently doesn't even know who I am as a person!
It's completely fine to talk about it and no one is attacking you because of this. They have just misinterpreted something because your statement wasn't as clear as it could have been. It was an honest misunderstanding and I don't see why we can't all settle it like adults.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
**** right I should be offended. I don't come across the best on here, but it seems like it's always the same people I get into arguments with. And I can't avoid them, they invade my threads. I had this problem on another forum, and I requested a permanent ban because I couldn't avoid them. I hoped this forum was different.

All forums contain people. People are the issue here, not the forum. Seriously, if you have a problem with one or two people you need to talk it through with them so that they can understand. I'm sure if you tried to work this through they would have a lot more respect for you. Either way, insults aren't helpful.

I'm glad you haven't left, please try to sort this out. Hiding from your problems is just going to make you more anxious.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
And I can't avoid them, they invade my threads.

Invade? It's a public forum.
Also, pointing out the obvious, you dragged me into your crap this time - not the other way around. I hadn't said crap to you and you started pointing your finger at me. You were ticked off at Nilla and tossed my name into it for no reason.

EveWasFramed said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
And I can't avoid them, they invade my threads.

Invade? It's a public forum.
Also, pointing out the obvious, you dragged me into your crap this time - not the other way around. I hadn't said crap to you and you started pointing your finger at me. You were ticked off at Nilla and tossed my name into it for no reason.

Yeah I apologize for mentioning you without fact checking too. But for what its worth, he has already offered you an apology further up.

Latest posts

Back