2016 so far

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paraiyar said:
Started using a metronome a lot again on guitar. Got an a minor 8th note triplet pattern that I can across the high e string at around 180 bpm. I can't get near that tempo with straight 16th notes but I've hit 140 bpm with them on some patterns. Good to know my speed and technique are quickly benefiting from this approach.

Yes, a metronome can be very helpful. :) I started using mine more about a month ago when I play my violin, especially on songs I want to perfect. It really helps me to settle into a zone. It's hard to explain but I bet you know what I'm talking about since you play music too.
Here's to a well-played 2016 :)

-Teresa

ladyforsaken said:
- My health isn't any better but my mindset about it is and I think that helps a lot.
- I am more talkative in general and more sociable than last year.
- I am less insecure (or maybe IJDGAF about certain things anymore).
- Work has been getting busier and more stressful, not sure if that's a good sign.

To add on:
Good....
- I have met some really cool and kind people in this new year and that's always something I'm grateful for.
- My hair is growing better than expected. Hate chemo, glad I'm not doing it anymore.
- Getting my exercise regime back slowly.

Bad....
- Still have some tests and scans I've been putting off but eventually will likely have to go through them so.. 2016 isn't exactly going to be free from medical honeysuckle.

There's probably more bad stuff I can think of right now but I guess I will choose not to think of them for now. I'm content with the positives, that's all that matters at the moment.

Peaches said:
IJDGAF, love that acronym

I love it too. :D

Band has fallen apart for the moment though it might be possible that it will reform in August. Have a job starting tomorrow but it doesn't pay enough for me to move out. Still feel like it's going to be impossible to find a girlfriend. Feel like I don't relate to a lot of my friends and like a lot of them are doing far better than me, at least on a social level.

Some of the material for Paraiyar's second album seems to be going well. Completed a guitar based outro yesterday that I'm pretty happy with over all. Not getting enough reading done, spending too much time online. I am putting a lot of time into German though. Today was a nice day yet I've haven't left the house and will probably only do so to walk the dog.

Some days I feel like I've just let too much time pass without being where I need to be and that I've lost too much of my 20s.

Found a new job but it barely gathers the money for Uni. I'm going for my second year spending every peny I have on debts and basic needs. Still feels better than 6 months ago. Not much change is observed around my relationships. I'm still attached to the religious pullback some friends try on me and all the bands I have delude themselves with teir big break. I'm unable to leave any of them. It seems it would be another year of juggling with time. My time.

And no girlfriend, of course.

I'm going to start looking for a flat, have been socializing a lot more and have got a gym membership. Learning a guitar solo as well. Hopefully I'm setting myself up for a better future.

Good:

Continued to keep the weight off.
Reached my previously set lifting goals for the year.
Have a decent 'friend'.
Started to learn German - I currently have the vocabulary of a child.

Bad:

Health issues have started to impact upon my everyday life again.
I (sadly) have become much more angry/bitter/frustrated and less trusting/empathetic/sociable.
I have largely stopped posting here and have lost touch with those few people that I was in contact with.

In spite of this, I remain positive that I will regain both my confidence and my belief in others.

Cavey said:
Good:

Continued to keep the weight off.
Reached my previously set lifting goals for the year.
Have a decent 'friend'.
Started to learn German - I currently have the vocabulary of a child.

Bad:

Health issues have started to impact upon my everyday life again.
I (sadly) have become much more angry/bitter/frustrated and less trusting/empathetic/sociable.
I have largely stopped posting here and have lost touch with those few people that I was in contact with.

In spite of this, I remain positive that I will regain both my confidence and my belief in others.

We have at least three things in common - lifting, German, and a decent friend !

:)

Good:
Managed to keep the boyfriend.
Had a nice summer vacation on a Greek island.
Three months of weekly D&D game nights.

Bad:
Sick most of the year.
Weight gain.
Not a single LARP attended.
David Bowie.
Alan Rickman.
Leonard Cohen.
Trump.
The growing neo nazi movement.
The horrible Norwegian government.
Multiple failed exams.
Lost trust in a friend.
Lost a few other friends.
Lost a tooth. 
Lost faith in mankind.
Harambe.

The good,

* About to get a diploma.
* Before the end of the year my bracersc an comeout.
* Lost some fat, gained some muscle.
* Got stronger mentally.
* Became more outspoken and able to communicate.
* Read more and watched less tv then ever before.

The bad,

* Lost my sence of smell.
* Fell for the same girl that hurt me once and got hurt again.
* Still feeling underapreciated in the workplace.
* Haven't made any friends yet.
* Still single and lonely.
* Didn't stick with any hobby.

The good
- finished off some projects around the house
- got a nice sofa and love seat in the color I wanted.
- put together an ikea side board.
- purchased a two new TVs and both are smart so I can watch netflix
- went from internet service on my phone to real wi fi.
- got a new car.
- got a great review at work
- paid off some debt.
- was able to discover some amazing things about my body. 
- starting having body changes that were both goo and bad.
- got a health test that was normal and don't need to have another one for 5 years. 
- got some hair removal that actually stayed off. 

The bad
- lost a long term group of friends
- increasingly isolated at work.
- miserable and bored at my job.. but realistically there is no way to change it. 
- had to have a small surgery but still work afterward.
- don't like the car I got too much.
- wasn't able to lose weight all year no matter how much I tried.

Latest posts

Back