3:45

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Angelus12

So, it's 3:45 and like everyone else in the world that typed "I am lonely" into google, I've found this place. Where to begin. I've been lonely all my life. I've had close friends but I've always felt like I was alone. I have friends that are willing to do anything for me, and I think that's why I chose them as my friends, because I thought having friends that loyal would make me feel loved and important...but it doesn't. Freshman year in college I was ready to kill myself and then I met a girl. She changed my life and we dated for two years. We broke up a week ago because she told me that she needed to become more independent and learn to lover herself more before she could be with me. Did I believe her? No. Needless to say, I saw her car at my former best friends house tonight. I say former because I've also found out that he's slept with her in the last week and a half since we broke up. How do I know? She called me crying and told me. Screwed up? Yeah. So, here I am...3:45am...drinking...and wishing I never met her because at least two years ago I was ready to go away. I'm not ready now. I had a taste of life and I liked it. I'm lonely, upset, depressed, and what's worse: Everyone just says to get over her and move on. But I can't. I feel helpless and alone again, just as I did two years ago before I met her...I search "I am lonely" on google hoping to find some quick solution to all the problems in my life as though something as simple as this would solve everything. And I post on here...why? Maybe I just don't know what else to do. Maybe I'm sick of everything and wish I had someone to talk to that could give me an unbiased opinion about things. I don't know where to go from here.

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

"I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real

Everyone I know
Goes away in the end
You could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of honeysuckle
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here"

Anything at all to say? Share it.

oh man its scrode up when your GF dose that to you and with your friend as well. I have had the same thing happen to me. Its weirs when your friend dose it with your girl your not just losing a GF but a friend as well.

Am glad you had a taste of life. You well know that its good and there is no reason to not be able to have it again.

Its just happened dude and its going to hurt big time for you right now. But you have done nothing to be ashamed about where as your X GF and your X friend have. I know ppl well tell you to just move on and its easier said then done. But you have to.

End of the day at lest you know that your GF wasn't all that good if she could just go with your friend like that. Your best of rid of her. Same goes for you friend.

BTW welcome here.

Right, Angelus, like Bluey said i'm also glad You had a taste of life before You got where You are, because that means that You know what You can get if You get up and fight for it again.

To make it short; if a girlfriend is what made You live on, then You need a girlfriend, for love i suppose it is. But, do You have anything else that makes You want to live on, like a wish for something else You hope some day will come true? And i don't mean "To not feel like i do now", i mean real, practical things that You dream of, no matter how unreal they might seem to You.

If this woman You were together with had sex with another guy, which happened to be Your close friend, it makes it seem like she's currently going through a phase of acting like a 'You know what' who just jumps from guy to guy to try 'em all. Whether it's a part of a popularity contest or not i don't know, but it doesn't seem like she knows what she's doing, since she phoned You crying about what she did, which is why i believe You still feel for her. Whatever Your feelings for her are, do You honestly think she's worth it? If You do, well, it seems like she does need some time for herself to think and perhaps grow up some more, like she said. My older sister's one crazy woman who still are stuck in the teenage rampage, and she recently paid for one of her immature mistakes with a sentence. Some people just never grow up.

You can either wait for her, which can end up in any way, or try and start to, for example, get online to some serious dating website to get to know some other women who want just what You want from a relationship. But, just as people can stay immature forever, they also can change. If the woman You're after does find herself, so to say, and changes, she might become a woman different from the one You got together with in the first place.

I am sorry that you are going through this.

Angelus12 said:
...Everyone just says to get over her and move on. But I can't. I feel helpless and alone again, just as I did two years ago before I met her...

Amazing how simple some people many think it is when they aren't the one going through it. It takes time.

Bluey is right
"But you have done nothing to be ashamed about where as your X GF and your X friend have."

While that doesn't take the pain away it is of value.

Latest posts

Back