3 options and need help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aedammair

Reaction score
Please give me any advice you can.
There are three girls that I can pursue. There are good solid reasons behind each. Please help!

1. I can pursue the girl I have dreamed about for about 10 years. She does not show any inclination that she likes me and the only contact I have with her is Facebook... when she responds which isn't always very often. This is the option that I am drifting away from

2. Pursue an extremely beautiful girl in one of my classes. I talk to her at the beginning of class and sometimes at the end. When I see her in the hall she smiles and says hello, just in passing. However every guy out there is gunning for her. She has that popular girl feel but not the snobby kind. I see her the most (which is pretty much every other day).

3. There is a girl that I asked on a date in High School but she couldn't do it but she has made it clear that she does have feelings for me. I only see her every now and then but I could make more of an effort. Finding the 1st girl sent me down an emotional rollercoaster that rendered me unable to pursue this relationship. This girl I know the most about and is the most like me. Plus I already made the leap for her and know that I won't be turned away or left standing in the rain.

What do you think I can do? The 1st girl already seems to have moved on and the 2nd can have any guy she wants. I don't want to hurt the 3rd. I am not suggesting getting into a relationship with her just to avoid hurting her although it is a valid point. Any help would be appreciated. I want to get past this

Aedammair

Oh boy! this is really a tricky one..Its very hard to tell..

Anywayz, well I wud suggest you talk to the 1st gal and ask her for a date..no offence.If she accept, thats a good sign for you..Ask her out. This will hopefully show her that you are interested and give you a chance to get to know each other better. If she says something to you about only wanting to be friends, then you have your answer...she is not the one for you..(atleast you have tried rite)

or

Give a chance for the 3rd gal...she likes you..thats good for you..Well i think that you should be friends with her.Try to get to noe her more. Think of what you have in common, if the conversation flowed smoothly, if both of u seemed comfortable..then she may the one for you...You will figure out if she is the right girl after being with her for a while.

Life is too short...
SO....

Dun let your self regret, only to realise that it is too late...You will never know unless you actually take the chance....

- my votes goes to 3rd gal... ;)

Well I'd have to say either number 2 or number 3 considering "the girl of your dreams (number 1)" usually turns out to be a completely different person than you expected.

I'd vote #3. Common ground, mutual attraction, chemistry, etc etc etc.

There will always be hot chicks crossing your path...but most likely none of them will ever match what you've already apparently built with #3.

----Steve

Should I even be trying for a relationship?
The 3rd girl is moving within the next 2 weeks to another state (its far enough away that I may never see her again). Should I even try to ask her on a date? I was planning to ask her to go ice skating with me but now I feel like that would just be messing with both of our emotions unneccesarily. Should I still try?
The 2nd girl I have talked to more but I don't know how to ask her on a date. I figured that I would just ask her to lunch sometime that she was free but now that I think about it, it doesn't seem like a good idea. I don't have a car so we would have to walk to a restaurant. While if this was in my hometown I wouldn't have a problem with that, the neighborhood that my university is located in is full of crime and what not. I'm not afraid to personally walk the streets but I don't want her to feel at risk.
The 1st girl is continuing to mess with my head (not intentionally). Right now she is lonely, something is going on in her life that she is leaning heavily upon her friends. I want nothing more to run in and be there for her. But I get paranoid that she doesn't want to talk to me. I started a couple IM chats, just "hey how are you", but she doesn't respond and after 5 minutes or so she logs out. This could just be coincidence or it could be her way of telling me I'm trying too hard to be in her life. I still have feelings for her and I get my hopes up and it ruins my chances with other girls.
Well that's all the confusion in my life for now

Aedammair

Aedammair said:
I'm not afraid to personally walk the streets but I don't want her to feel at risk.

Depending on the amount of crime, it might be a good opportunity to show yourself as a PROTECTOR. She might feel good about being in a "dangerous" neigborhood with a guy who could confidently assure her that things are alright.

I still think you should go for girl number 2.

It sounds like the situation with girl number 1 is just your manly instincts telling you to save the damsel in distress. I'd ignore that, if I were you. Acting on those sorts of feelings only muddies things up.

And as for girl number 3....I think you've already decided what to do about her. You just need to cement that decision in your mind.

----Steve

1 and 3 are no nos. number 2s the lucky girl. ask her to have coffee somewhere on campus since you dont have a vehicle to get around. conversation over coffee has always worked for me when trying to get to know someone better. doesnt have that awkwardness of trying to get to know someone while eating on a date. ehh well hopefully it works out for you man.

Does it matter to you if any of them reject you upon knowing how you truly feel?

Tell the girl of your dreams and see what happens. Then go with the one you seem to be getting along with, imo

Latest posts

Back