30 going on 13

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneha

Reaction score
i am almost 30 but in my mind im still a teenager. its like a child's heart and mind in a grown up body,its embarrasing sometimes, because i feel i still dont have maturity enuf. in my mind, i am still that little girl who becomes happy when she succeeds in small efforts and someone claps for her. i imagine myself to be a dumb child who has difficulty learning new things and is a slow learner. this thought scares me. because watppl will achieve wen they are 30 something,,i will take almost double the time and effort to achieve same thing, which means i wud be around 40 wen i hope to be decently settles in my career. most of frnds my age are already settled and married and having a wonderful family and job, im no where close, this causes depression to me. sometimes i feel like running away, but i dont have money for that, if i run away i dont have place to stay nor a job to support me living.
i hope i find a ray of hope in this depressing moments.

You just have a different way of life. It is good to celebrate the small accomplishments and to smile and laugh. I think too many "adults" lose site of enjoying life.

Also do not worry too much about where you are compared to others. Me for example, I do not have much career ambition. If I can hold the job that I have till I retire then I will be just fine. I like the fact that I can do more on less because I do not have a family.

:D so laugh , be obnoxious, enjoy life. Make your life your own. Soon those who you compare yourself too will be envious of your freedom. :D I will be Right there with you when I am 30.

Try not to worry about pressures arising around you, each person has to live their life individually. There are some people who just aren't meant to live or go about moving through their life in a traditional way. Don't let that depress you, rather you should be proud of it. You get to carve out a unique existence, something someone may look back at in the future and learn from.

More than anything though, define your life around what matters to you. If you start to force yourself into a path where you'll make money, or where you'll find artificial forms of happiness then you are bound for disaster. Try to find out what matters to you, and head in that direction. If you enjoy yourself, everything else will fall into place.

I have my own issues regarding an unstable future, and I'm extremely insecure about them. If you'd like someone to bounce ideas off of, send me a PM

Punisher said:
I know what you mean, but I love being immature :D

Ditto. Being all serious and "adult" (whatever that is supposed to mean) is no fun at all. I'm 35 and I envy what my friends have, but you know what, EPIPHANY, I bet they envy us sometimes too. :D

Latest posts

Back