37, married, no children, hello!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coco

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I live in Essex. I am feeling very lonely. I have a lovely husband but I miss my friends. They all have children and I do not. I appreciate it must be a constant drain looking after children so I always offer my help and try not to be a burden. However recently I have become very depressed due to past events still haunting me and the lonliness adding to my sadness. My friends do not seem to even have 2 minutes to send me a text just to say Hi. I am never a burden to them. I know I could try and make new friends but I miss my old friends. I have no family. I know I sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself - but hey maybe I am for a change lol! I am becoming fearful of going out of the house. I am off work right now.

Are there any other people out there in a similar predicament? Am I the only female in her late 30's with no children, no family or friend support? Please say hello, and of course anyone in any situation who is lonely and fancies a natter?

Luv Coco (lonely, moaning, but heart in right place) :D

Welcome Coco. There are others here like you are asking about.

hi coco. welcome

im not in your situation but i can imagine how you feel. being able to have a family is somehow important but sometimes life doesnt let everyone have one.

i know this is a personal question but do you want to have a family?
i hope you make friends here. i think you are not the only 30- something year old female here.

=)

Hello,

I am 37, male, unmarried, no children, depressed under therapy, one male friend in real life, living parents, bad relationships with most people, under average paid job.
You will see there are people here with harder problems than we two have.
I think having a lovely spouse is a HUGE comfort I miss very much.
And you are allowed to feel sorry for yourself. :)

Welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

jales - I'm not sure about having children myself. I think my childhood has put me off. Thanks for your understanding :)

Coco,

I'm 35 and don't have children. I don't want to have children either. A life without children is pretty terrifying since I don't have any brothers or sisters (and obviously no nieces or nephews), so who knows...I may be COMPLETELY alone in the world for many years if my husband dies before I do. But, I don't want to have children just to keep me company. Like you, I didn't have a good childhood either and I don't really like children. I don't think it's right to have kids just to have some company in your old age.

Anyway, all of my friends procreated years ago and don't have time for me anymore. Plus I think a lot of those friends think I'm pathetic and refuse to grow up because I don't have kids.

Latest posts

Back