:-)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gobstoppah

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I found this forum through google and thought I would say hello.

I'm a 20 year old college student in Arkansas, but I'm originally from Illinois. I spent my freshman year of college in Wisconsin, 6 hours from home, miserable. Looking back now, I definitely wasn't ready for that kind of change, although I thought I was at the time. I have been very shy my whole life, and I had a really, really tough time trying to come out of my shell my freshman year. On top of it, I had a roommate who was very outgoing and criticized me on a daily basis because I wasn't, which caused me to become even more introverted. It got to the point where if I wasn't in class or at work, I was studying or sleeping... I had no friends.

I transferred to Arkansas because my whole family (except for my parents) lives here, and I'm loving it. It was been an amazing change. I have a small group of friends I see every day, and my family is only 45 minutes away.

Talking with new people is still something I struggle with daily (and college requires a lot of it), even though I'm getting better. And being the first to introduce myself is out of the question. Some days are better than others, but a lot of the time I still feel like the awkward nerd who has no friends, just like I was in high school, and in Wisconsin. I get lonely a lot. I still feel like something is missing, but I don't know what it is.

Sorry if my little rant doesn't make much sense, there's a reason I try not to stay up so late on school nights.

Hi, everyone. :)

Hello, welcome here :)

Don't worry too much about "looking like a awkward nerd with no friends", that's just your own perception of yourself.

It could be tough being alone and having to start anew, but you said you're making progress, so I hope you'll keep it up!

HEY Im from Arkansas TOO!

From a little town called vilonia dude whats up?

hey Gobstoppah, mmm i haven't had a gobstoppah in a long time sounds pretty good

anyways welcome to the forum :D

Latest posts

Back