Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just feel like I have no purpose in this life....I feel Isolated and so Alone
Know that you aren't unique in this aspect. When you understand that there is over 8 billion people on this planet, how can they each have a purpose? But feeling isolated and alone is all too real for many people. Sites like this allow for people to reach out to other with similar feelings and situations, to share their situation, compare, learn to cope, to realise how to look at things in a new way. One of the best lines I've ever read about purpose and meaning of life is as follows - the meaning of life is to many life meaningful. Just do things. When you're at a lost, just look around and take in the world around you, which could mean that you remove yourself from all the hustle and bustle of a busy place and sit peacefully in a natural environment. Listen to the birds, the frogs, see the clouds, the rainbows, the trees swaying in the breeze. Obviously you have given us very little to work with so I'm just throwing ideas at you that have worked for me. I just keep busy. I still have social anxiety to some degree, but I put myself out of my comfort zone often. I exercise; swim, cycle, box, walk, hike, weight train. I don't have a vision for the future, but I don't want to die slowly in a bed. I'd rather die healthy doing something I enjoy. I don't know who I might meet that will take me out of the complex situation I am in, and I don't hang my hopes on meeting such a person, but I just keep going, trying to make my life meaningful. I'm considering volunteering some of my spare time to a local Buddhist temple that require people to help maintain their grounds, but I haven't taken the step yet, but things like that are worth considering. Your purpose could be simply to make someone else's life nicer in some way, even just like what I'm doing here. If I helped you in any way, then that's a bit meaningful in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back