A few days Ago....

• Thread starter Blue_Eyed_Symphony
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Blue_Eyed_Symphony

Has anyone written a suicide letter? Well, I started on mine and it was 3 pages long. I had the time and date set on my suicide. When everything around you is falling apart...you get pissed off and angry then really depressed later and take it out on people. I was sick of this cycle.
Want to know what stopped me? Re-reading the letter. Putting it out there ******* made me think it over. Seeing my own words and knowing I was about to brace death....soothed me for some reason. Weird. I know. I don't know the purpose of this thread...just a though.

Well, lately I'm having lots of suicidal thoughts, but I'm trying to suppress them. I think that as everything our present troubles and pain are impermament. Try to find refuge in something that makes you happy or in someone that can understand you. Don't even think about suicide as an option. As you can see it's a good thing to write down how you feel on a piece of paper, then read it again later and analyze it with a clear mind. I will try that too sometimes. But please, let this paper not be a suicide letter. Just a piece of paper. I want to give you such a big hug right now :D

A while ago I wrote two seperate letters, one a suicide note, the other a letter to my parents venting my anger at certain events in my childhood that have turned me into the socially stunted, woman fearing no self esteem hermit I am today.

Neither letter ever saw the light of day, because like yourself after writing them and reading through them I felt a degree of release and the extreme emotion I was feeling faded somewhat. I think in certain cases just writing your thoughts down can help greatly, it gives them order and structure instead of being a mess of thoughts that you possibly can't deal with in one go. I'm far from fixed and I honestly don't think I ever will be, the damage was done too young and the effects too deep, but I'm still breathing. That's something I think all suicidal people can't think about, I know I didn't, and that is one day you will wake up and be glad that if nothing else you are alive. Our lives go past quicker than we realise, especially when you leave your teens. I know I'm never going to be normal, but there are still so many things in the world to see and experience to make it worthwhile.

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:
Has anyone written a suicide letter? Well, I started on mine and it was 3 pages long. I had the time and date set on my suicide. When everything around you is falling apart...you get pissed off and angry then really depressed later and take it out on people. I was sick of this cycle.
Want to know what stopped me? Re-reading the letter. Putting it out there ******* made me think it over. Seeing my own words and knowing I was about to brace death....soothed me for some reason. Weird. I know. I don't know the purpose of this thread...just a though.

I can't say how proud I always am to hear about someone reconsidering, or even conquering suicide all on their own. You may not see the apparent purpose of your post, but I can clearly see that it's having a similar benefit that the writing of your suicide note did. You expelled your thoughts from your mind, temporarily, and observed them in a written medium as much objectivity as humanly possible.

They say that writing notes while you're angry (or just in any dark place) is a bad idea-- but I beg to differ. While I still agree that it is a bad idea to GIVE notes written in a bad state of mind, writing them is harmless-- especially if you burn the notes after. I don't know if you are the ritualistic type, but a burning of the note would be an excellent symbolic release of all the bad feelings infused in the writing, and with those thoughts lost to history you can begin anew.

I think the reason that the thought of embracing death soothed you because somewhere, in the back of your mind, you conquered the ultimate fear: the fear of the unknown. And if you can conquer the fear of the great beyond, then you can do anything.

Stay strong and be forever new. :)

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:

You know man, once you have even considered suiciding, it means that you just don't give a f*** anymore, use it. Not giving a f*** anymore is a gift, do WHATEVER you feel like doing, anything that you were once too scared or too shy to do, now it's the time! Trust me, life gets much better when you do things you never thought you would be capable of.

Kamahl said:
You know man, once you have even considered suiciding, it means that you just don't give a f*** anymore, use it. Not giving a f*** anymore is a gift, do WHATEVER you feel like doing, anything that you were once too scared or too shy to do, now it's the time! Trust me, life gets much better when you do things you never thought you would be capable of.

this is solid motherfucking advice

yep

couldn't have said it better myself

Trent said:
Kamahl said:

this is solid motherfucking advice

yep

couldn't have said it better myself

You know my good friends, once you have even considered suicide, it means that you just don't care anymore. Not caring anymore is a gift! Do WHATEVER you feel like doing! Anything that you were once too scared or too shy to do, now it's the time! Trust me, life gets much better when you do things you never thought you would be capable of.

I think I said it better myself lol ;)

Latest posts

Back